Wed, Sep 18, 2:01 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: OT. So long, farewell, goodbye

mysticeagle ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 4:12 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 11:43 PM

I'd just like to say I've enjoyed most of the last ten years, but it's time to move on, things have changed and I don't get the same buzz in here that I used to.

Good luck and much happiness to all, it was fun and sometime informative too.

Kind regards and best wishes.........

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

Rance01 ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 4:40 AM

I feel much the same way, but I take some time off - sometimes because I have to with work, sometimes just to take a break from it all - and when I come back I have fresh eyes for it.  Be well and hope to see you again someday.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 5:14 AM · edited Wed, 23 January 2013 at 5:15 AM

Say it ain't so! I've certainly enjoyed the recent discussions you were part of. As Rance01  says, I think everyone gets that feeling at times. Over time, the population shifts, people's interests change etc. Lately it's been rare to find thoughtful discussions about anything other than technophilia and in those rare gems, your voice have been stimulating and very welcome. I hope you take that break and return with new energy and creativity. Good luck. 

“Forever, and forever, farewell, Cassius! If we do meet again, why, we shall smile; If not, why then this parting was well made” 

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 5:18 AM

A forwarding address and the odd postcard would be appreciated... ;)

...I hope you do come back round in due course Neil... but keep in touch otherwise??

Were you not venturing off into the realm of 3DS Max modelling, on a course or something, though? Did I pick that up right from an earlier thread? Or was this just a crazy dream I had...?

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 5:54 AM

Oh dear, sorry to hear that, I always followed you inputs with interest and I will miss them.

I hope you find fun and interest in whatever you move on to.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

mysticeagle ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 6:50 AM · edited Wed, 23 January 2013 at 6:58 AM

things took a change for the worse with my course Chris, found out yesterday the Government has pulled the plug on funding my course, due to my age. I'm evaluating my options right now, and I guess I just need a clean break from all distractions to enable me to focus the direction I need to take. You've got my email addy anyway, and if anyone has any of my freebies, feel free to redistribute them , leaving yours truly as the creator of course...........I'm just waiting for the hammer to fall, my cancellation email has been sent, so if I don't reply again, it's because I don't exist in this dimension anymore LOL... I think in all honesty my confidence in fairness here has been shattered, I complained to a Senior Admin just before Xmas that I had received some verbal abuse in a thread, (fair to say i recieved an apologetic sitemail from one of the persons) and was contemplating leaving Rendo, the "sweet" reply I got, had no concern and the greatest delight in informing me how to cancel. I realised at that time how little any contribution I had made was worth.........Yep I'm a big bloke, and can handle myself verbally as well as physically, whatever made me think I would recieve support from this Senior, most senior admin , I don't know what I must have been thinking...........................

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 6:59 AM

Ah, that's a bugger then :(

Sounds like taking a mental sabbatical might be a plan then... I most certainly wish you all the best with finding the right direction out of that.

Hopefully see you back on here down the line though, reinvigorated by whatever path you discover! Anyway, got your email, otherwise as you say - take care meantime Neil ;)

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 7:47 AM

Really sorry to hear about the course particularly based on age which seems unfair to say the least.

If someone leaves because their interests have moved on then all well and good but to leave under the circumstances described is a real shame.  There is another thread here that shows how good this community can be what a shame that it cannot be like that all the time.  I saw a great deal of worth in your contributions and I am sure other did as well.

I wish you well but will miss you all the more now knowing the reasons behind it.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 7:47 AM

I'll miss you.  :sad:

Do Take Care.  Hope to hear from you again...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 8:06 AM

Home 3D should be fun, entertaining, amusing, quality hobby time.

Whenever money gets involved, it becomes another, less amusing story.

Home end user 3D is most enjoyable at hobby level for PPSE.
Pure Personal Satisfaction @ Entertainement.

Thank you for your contributions, and all the best in real life.
Tony

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 8:28 AM

Truly sorry to hear this sad farewell.  You had been a good contributor through the years.  Always a pleasure to see you post.  Best of luck, and when things settle and you have a clearer picture of which direction you are headed, please do come back. 

aRtBee ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 9:26 AM

Time to set new goals in life then, and to follow (another one of) your dreams.

Wish you a clear mind and a straight focus, and if there remains some place for 3D / animation, I bet we'll meet again.

Thanks for everything.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

cedarwolf ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 9:50 AM

Sorry to see you go dark.  We'll be here when you get back.  Be well.

Alisa ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 10:12 AM
Online Now!

I don't really chat here, so haven't gotten to know you other than through your generous freebies.  For those, I'd like to say one more huge thanks!  I wish you happiness in whatever you pursue and hope life treats you and yours well from this point on!

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Janl ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 10:45 AM

It's always sad to see people go. I hope your absence is a short one. All the best for whatever you do.

Plutom ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 11:00 AM

Neil, we are going to miss you in the chat room and really hope that you will change your mind my friend....Jan

FreeBass ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 11:58 AM

So long & tanx fer the fish...

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 12:04 PM

You will be missed. Hope things work out for you. Like others, hope you'll be back.

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 12:12 PM

:(

I'm sorry to read that you're leaving, I enjoy your posts and the absence will be noticed. But you don't have to stay away forever, I've left forum communities before for over a year and come back and felt right at home again. Good luck with sorting things out but don't stay away too long!

aeilkema ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 12:45 PM · edited Wed, 23 January 2013 at 12:47 PM

Shame you're leaving this way. I had an issue with a mod once too, while someone clearly broke the rules and quite some people were offended by his statements, the mod didn't want to act.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 1:56 PM

Hey cousin!  I hope you keep in touch.  A damn shame to find a long lost relative, only to lose them again.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

templargfx ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 4:30 PM

Goodbye MysticEagle.   I didnt really know you, but from the input you have given on the forum that I have seen,  its a shame to have you leave!

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

167 Car Materials for Poser

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 6:21 PM

best of luck, mystic.  hope things change for the better and ye'll be back here again someday.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 8:33 PM · edited Wed, 23 January 2013 at 8:33 PM

You can get a great educations on Max ,zBrush , CGTalk etc etc forums.
They have jobs on the forums also.
Much more affordable then collage ,books ,student loans etc etc
Ooo the thought of all that debt scares me.

Good Luck

C Ya Around Cuz

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Eric Walters ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 9:30 PM

Best wishes!

I too have enjoyed your thoughts on the many threads. I am sorry about your educational situation. Hardly seems fair.

I hope you come back after a break!

Eric

Daymond42 ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2013 at 11:55 PM

In the great words of Peter Cetera:

"Everybody needs a little time away, I heard you say.. From each oooooooootherrrrr"

Take care of yourself!

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2013 at 10:02 AM

I hope you reconsider.

I hope you return.

I know of age discrimination and the callous nature of some people.

I try and not let negative comments and events affect positive ones. Yet we all have buttons that can be pushed.

We, as a community, are better with you than without you.

Let me say, thank you for your time, generosity and sharing of your enormous talent and intelligence.  Once more, I hope you return. Whether you do or choose not  to, I wish you only the best in any future endeavor.

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2013 at 4:19 PM

We will miss you.  

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

TheOwl ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2013 at 4:43 PM · edited Thu, 24 January 2013 at 4:44 PM

Renderosity is a place to find updates about new things about our craft. Who knows maybe next time someone would post his discovery of an untapped GOLDMINE that financially rewards poser creations.

Just take a break. Drink some beer. Unclutter your brain. Then come back again.

Dont be a quitter.

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2013 at 5:34 PM

I agree with our fine feathered friend above.  Also, in the years I've been here I've come across all sorts of interesting personalities.  I don't get upset about any comments or criticisms.  It's just like water off a ducks back to me.  I've never felt the need to talk to admin about other people's posts to me, as I don't really care about that sort of stuff.  

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2013 at 1:36 PM

I enjoyed our discussions, mystic...

davlin ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2013 at 10:09 AM

Gonna miss you Neil......I really hope you return soon ...best of luck  .

Mogwa ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2013 at 9:01 PM

Good bye and God bless! You always know that you're welcome back.

moriador ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 7:42 PM

Whatever it was that made you leave, I missed it. I haven't been in the forums much lately. Hope you find whatever it is that you enjoyed about this forum elsewhere.

I'm leaving too. Trolls are annoying. But never knowing whether a thread you've contributed to will suddenly be locked is just as bad because it makes the time you took to post seem like an utter waste.

waves

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 10:31 PM · edited Sat, 02 February 2013 at 10:33 PM

Quote - Whatever it was that made you leave, I missed it. I haven't been in the forums much lately. Hope you find whatever it is that you enjoyed about this forum elsewhere.

Quote - 1st Mysticeagle was told he was go to Max,zBrush school.
Then they told him he wasn't.
That has to be hard to take.

2nd Then Mysticeagle was blown away buy this wicked kewl sculpt of Stan Lee
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=1064562&utm_source=cgsociety&utm_medium=cgchoice&utm_term=1064562
Some gave mysticeagle a hassle about it. They just blew it off like it wasn't that much.

Not a lot of positive motivation throw mysticeagle way around here.

Don't know much about Max.
I know zBrush has killer learning materials.
Hope mysticeagle learn Max & zBrush on his own.

I'm leaving too. Trolls are annoying. But never knowing whether a thread you've contributed to will suddenly be locked is just as bad because it makes the time you took to post seem like an utter waste.

waves

Moriador : You know a lot about CGI. Thanks for the schooling.
Hate to see you go also. The forum will lose value.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 4:41 AM

This thread gets sadder by the day and what is also annoying is that , to a degree, the trolls have won.  Thanks to their efforts we have now lost two very valuable contributers in this thread alone and they are not the first.  How many others leave without saying goodbye.

If you do read this moriador I will miss your input, which I always read with interest.  May you too find somewhere that you can find enjoyment and help others with your extensive knowledge of the 3D world.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 10:50 PM

*"*Some gave mysticeagle a hassle about it. They just blew it off like it wasn't that much."

That's not exactly accurate IMO, RK. No one disagreed that it was a great technical achievement. The discussion, quite a pleasant one I think, was over the diifference between technique and art. Unless I misread what he said, that thread was not part of why he left, but I could be wrong about that. * *

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 11:49 PM · edited Sun, 03 February 2013 at 11:53 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Quote - *"*Some gave mysticeagle a hassle about it. They just blew it off like it wasn't that much."> Quote - *

*> Quote - That's not exactly accurate IMO, RK. No one disagreed that it was a great technical achievement. The discussion, quite a pleasant one I think, was over the diifference between technique and art. Unless I misread what he said, that thread was not part of why he left, but I could be wrong about that.

I can't speak for Mysticeagle

I don't have the time debating with intellectuals about what I'm making
,what it should be classified as.
Just not inspirational to me.
They can debate all they want it's there time.
I'll be off making what I call my Art.
Sincerely don't give a damn what anyone else calls it.
As long as it makes me happy.

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2013 at 12:53 AM · edited Mon, 04 February 2013 at 12:59 AM

Let's see what you are making, RK. You obviously are very passionate about your art.

I thought it was one of the better, more coherent, discussions that I've participated in. Perhaps you might examine the dialogue near the end of the thread to discern whether things rounded out on a negative note?

Coleman ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2013 at 1:11 AM

Good friends are hard to find in life, MysticEagle. From all the responses posted here, it's probably worth the trouble of a few goofball trolls. The community changes, but the good friends remain the same.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2013 at 1:41 AM

Quote - Whatever it was that made you leave, I missed it. I haven't been in the forums much lately. Hope you find whatever it is that you enjoyed about this forum elsewhere.

waves

:(

waves back

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2013 at 7:59 AM · edited Mon, 04 February 2013 at 8:02 AM

Quote - Let's see what you are making, RK. You obviously are very passionate about your art.

I thought it was one of the better, more coherent, discussions that I've participated in. Perhaps you might examine the dialogue near the end of the thread to discern whether things rounded out on a negative note?

I have some of my Art in the Gallery here.just click my Avatar.

Some of my Art is just for fun or practice,avatar.
The ones that matter to me the most are the ones that mean something to me.
When I get the time I'll make 3D versions of my 2D Art.

Most my CGI work are contract jobs.I just model them ,others map n texture,rig.
Don't even know if I could post them.I've never asked.
I don't consider them my Art.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2013 at 12:11 PM

waves

Well, that's a bit of a bugger.  :(

Sorry to see you go.  

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2013 at 5:24 PM

Quote - I'm leaving too. Trolls are annoying. But never knowing whether a thread you've contributed to will suddenly be locked is just as bad because it makes the time you took to post seem like an utter waste.

waves

Please don't go.
Seriously, please don't.

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.