Fri, Sep 20, 1:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Photography Forum Challenge - Feb 2013 - "People"

cfulton ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2013 at 3:59 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:24 AM

file_491205.jpg

Welcome to February 2013 Photography Forum Challenge.

Candid or studio, action or portrait, old or young,

posed or self-portrait.

**Join us for a month of fun!

Two images per member per week.

Image size - No larger than:

800pixels X 600pixels

and 200KB

auntietk ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2013 at 4:15 PM

Terrific topic, and thanks for the link!  :)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

cfulton ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2013 at 4:18 PM

Have fun with it Tara, I know this will be a challenge for me - not my forte!

auntietk ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2013 at 6:42 PM

I've done some in the past, but I'll try to get out and do something new for the challenge.  Does your camera have an articulated screen?  That's very helpful for getting candid shots.  If your screen is folded out and your FACE is pointed 90 degrees away from somebody, your lens can be staring right at them and they're unpreturbed.  Of course if you're Andrea, you can get pictures of perfect strangers anywhere you want.  What on earth DOES she say to people to get those shots?  LOL!  I just settle for candids.  :P

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

kgb224 ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2013 at 8:39 PM

Thank you for the challenge Clive. I would also like to know how Andrea mezmerise all the strangers that she photograph. God Bless.

whaleman ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2013 at 10:56 PM

She must have a whole bag of tricks! Looks like an interesting challenge, let's have fun!

blinkings ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 12:31 AM · edited Fri, 01 February 2013 at 12:34 AM

Great idea for a challenge Clive. I've never been a fan of photographers who hide their intentions by looking the other way/tilting their screens whilst shooting people without their knowledge. (A) people are not silly and can tell exactly what you are doing, and (B) it's infringing on their privacy IMHO. When I shoot street scenes, I always speak to the person after I shoot the photo, or at the very least stand in plain site to let them know of my basic intentions. It gives subjects the chance to say 'Hey I don't want to be photographed', in which case I will gladly erase the photo. As a man, shooting people up close without their knowledge is a sure way to risk getting arrested for being a pervert..........

cfulton ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 12:37 AM

Thanks for all the input!

As I said, this is going to be a challenge for me, though I did do some street scenes in while in London.  I will have to get over reservations and shoot local this time!

costapanos ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 1:12 AM

file_491218.jpg

Great Challenge this month as the Chinese New Celebrations are kicking into gear here in the city. A few small street fairs the next 3 weeks or so.

This was taken a couple of months back at an opening ceremony at San Francisco's Union Square.   

In Xanadu did Kublai Khan a pleasuredome erect

cfulton ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 1:16 AM

Thanks Costa, you have this down to an art!  Thanks for the first post.

kgb224 ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 1:29 AM

Good start Costa.

God Bless.

Meisiekind ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 2:56 AM

Awesome challenge Clive! Love it!

Costa - what an absolute blast of a kick-off! Wonderful image!

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

costapanos ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 9:18 AM

file_491231.jpg

Clive,Kgb,Carin-Thank you! This challenge is right up my alley.

This shot was taken last weekend a local model shoot that I stumbled across as I was heading to the bank. 

auntietk ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 9:25 AM

Costa, you have the eye for this!  Great shots.  :)

auntietk ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 9:28 AM

file_491232.jpg

From our foggy day at the beach ...

kgb224 ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 10:16 AM

Superb uploads Costa and Tara.

God Bless.

Meisiekind ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 10:37 AM

Another stellar shot Costa and the moodiness of your shot is awesome Tara!

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

helanker ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 1:11 PM

OH!  That looks like a hard challenge to me, as there are not many people around here.

I See we already had some super shots. Looking forward to see much more this month :D  Thanks for the challenge, Clive :)  

I can promise, there will be no self portrait from me. lol!

Meisiekind ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 1:33 PM

file_491239.jpg

My little "people" Mieke on her first birthday. Theme was Minnie Mouse.

Elliott Erwitt

auntietk ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 2:17 PM

Adorable!  :)

costapanos ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2013 at 7:55 PM

Great shot Tara. Love the over mist as it fades to gray. 

Carin-Precious. Look at those eyes! 

kgb224 ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 12:59 AM

Superb capture Carin.

God Bless.

cfulton ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 11:41 AM

Wonderful Costa, Tara & Carin! All are so diverse making this a fun challenge!  I still have to 'get out there' - to the bank, Costa!?

Meisiekind ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 11:55 AM

file_491254.jpg

I captured this in Durban while at the dolphin show. This lady was on of the teachers accompanying a school group. I loved her colorful attire.

Elliott Erwitt

kgb224 ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 11:56 AM

Superb capture Carin.

God Bless.

cfulton ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 12:48 PM

That is so Africa, Carin.  I feel at home!

dochtersions ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 3:41 PM

Thank you Clive, such a nice idea.
Although I do not dare to take pictures of people, but I will search for a few and ask them. Who, who, i will be very nerveous for sure!!

And what a beautiful examples I admire here.
So stylish too.
But I am totally in love with that sweet Mieke (Minnie Mouse) by Carin!
Many hugs for Mieke, hiep, hiep hoera :D!

helanker ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2013 at 4:20 PM

HEHEHE so am I... she is gorgeous LOL!

bmac62 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 7:54 AM

file_491290.jpg

Beachcomber...low light, foggy and he was camouflaged...but I still saw him:)

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."

kgb224 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 7:55 AM

Superb capture Bill.

God Bless.

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 8:30 AM

file_491292.jpg

I took this shot about a week ago. Would have taken some shots for this challenge yesterday, but no one came, as they were sick of cold or flu. Noa 12, my granddaughter would have been among the shots anyway, so here she is.

kgb224 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 9:33 AM

file_491294.JPG

Here is Two captures for this challenge that I took on the 15-10-2011 of some locals in a park.

kgb224 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 9:37 AM

file_491295.JPG

My second a group photo of some locals in a park on my route to my wife's work.

I was photographing flowers and these locals saw me and asked me if I would take pictures of them which i did.

Blessed day and wekend.

God Bless.

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 9:47 AM

WOW! Such great photos of these nice people :-)  Excellent :)

kgb224 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 9:52 AM

Thank you Helle.

God Bless.

dochtersions ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 9:59 AM

Oh, this is great Bill, everywhere you look camouflage!
Love it :)

dochtersions ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 10:35 AM · edited Sun, 03 February 2013 at 10:44 AM

file_491300.jpg

Here are two pictures I took in September in an open air museum, where everything was reconstructed of what life was like in Limburg in the years around 1930, last century. On this first you see the seller of an old fashioned candy store, she enjoys watching all visitors.

Oh, and I forgot to describe about that lady in the yellow shirt. She was 'jumping' on the music, had a lollipop in her mouth, and her sunglasses folded up; so funny.
Later, she went while dancing and swaying hips away; from which I also took a picture of.
The photos are not very good, because then I had my camera in repair and used an old.

kgb224 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 10:37 AM

Quote - Here are two pictures I took in September in an open air museum, where everything was reconstructed of what life was like in Limburg in the years around 1930, last century.
On this first you see the seller of an old fashioned candy store, she enjoys watching all visitors.

Mies i do not see a picture.

God Bless.

dochtersions ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 10:45 AM

That is because I edit it, my friend.
I had forgotten to write something about the lady in yellow shirt.

Thank you :)

costapanos ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 10:47 AM

Helanker-Lovely shot great smile,

Kgb-great capture and colors

Bill-love the  camouflaged and how content he looks seeking out his treasures. 

Doc-Love the contrast between guest and shopkeeper perfect timing

dochtersions ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 10:48 AM

file_491301.jpg

Here you see passionate dancing the lady of the candy shop with a friend. There was an accordionist in the courtyard playing old music.

dochtersions ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 10:51 AM

I'm sorry I didn't see the uploads from Christo and Helle, got no e-bots.

But now I admired them, and they really are wonderful.
The photo's as the people on it.
Congratulations both of you my friends!

costapanos ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 10:56 AM

file_491302.jpg

This was taken yesterday at the Lunar New Year's Flower Festival in Chinatown. For those who have visited San Franisco. This is looking down Grant St toward the Lions Gate  Entrance and Downtown. Lots-o-people

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 11:49 AM

Great images, everybody!  Wow. 

@ Carin - What a great image!  I like it for the same reasons you do, I think.  Wonderful colors.

@ Bill - I love your beachcomber!  I saw him, but never turned my attention in his direction for some reason.  You've shown me something I barely noticed, and I was right there!  :)

@ Helle - Noa is growing up so fast, and she's such a lovely girl.  You must enjoy her so much!  What a wonderful portrait this is!

@ Christo - I love those two shots.  How nice to have such photogenic people asking to have their pictures taken!  :)  They look relaxed and happy, which makes for a great picture.

@ Jacomina - That looks like a fun place!  I like the dancers, but the first one has such a wonderful perspective that it's hard to stop looking at it!  :)

@ Costa - OMG!  That's a crowd!  What a great shot.  I love the framing with the lanterns at the top and the buildings along the sides.  Nice!!

@ Clive - Thanks for the challenge ... this is a good one.  :D

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 1:11 PM

Jacomina, the fun place you have visited there has lovely houses... and dancers too. Beautiful shots :)

Costa, its a fantastic festival shot. ! 

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 1:14 PM

file_491304.jpg

This is a shot i took in November in Copenhagen :)

kgb224 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 1:32 PM

Thank you Mies now I enjoyed your two uploads.

Stunning captures both.

Superb capture Costa.

Stunning capture and upload Helle.

God Bless.

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 3:57 PM

Thank you Jacomina, Costa,  Tara and Christo  :-)  

Meisiekind ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2013 at 2:02 AM

Nice one Bill! I always wonder if they ever find anything!

Elliott Erwitt

bmac62 ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2013 at 2:15 AM

file_491320.jpg

"Popping A Wheelie" on a four wheeler. This guy appeared to be out testing his machine and was quite happy to put on a show for us.

This was taken on our last trip down the Oregon coast.

These four wheelers are used to cruise through giant sand dunes for fun.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."

helanker ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2013 at 2:24 AM

Awesome little machine for fun and so well captured, Bill :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.