Wed, Sep 18, 11:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 9:12 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Programs for clothing and etc

tony9031 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 11:39 AM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 11:50 AM

Wanting to start making my own stuff like clothing, headwear, shoes props, etc. Anyone have any suggestions  on what programs to use, where to start. Any information would be greatly helpful. thank you.

26Fahrenheit ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 1:06 PM

MODO ! not cheap but not expensive too ..

Loads of tutorials for Modo etc etc great forums at Modo ... 

Chris

HERE are my FREEBEE's

fly028 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 1:46 PM

Hello,

Modo is effectively a great program. Personnaly, i choose Silo, just to be in line with Fugazi's tutorials. Wanted to learn how to model my own stuff. Fugazi 1968 did a very great serie to learn how to model your own dress, pants, shoes, etc...

Already had 4 modeling programs, finally, Silo is a very good and affordable program. It also has tools for easy UVMapping.

Just a suggestion,

Hope it helps

26Fahrenheit ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 1:54 PM

i have silo .. since i have MODO i never even used it anymore..

Silo is good ..but not in on the same level as Modo..

I agree with you on the price Silo is a low priced tool but its ONLY modeling..

One thing i learned the hard way .. buying cheap in the beginning might be even more expensive in the end ..

I have Silo, Hegagon "before it was free", Vue, carrara, zbrush "sold it btw" ,shade ..etc etc..

At the End ..it was 5 times more expesive as bying One tool from the start ..

BEST advice keep your money save ..TRY em all out for at least 2 weeks and think about hwat you want and need .. like UV mapping render option texture baking etc etc ..

Chris

HERE are my FREEBEE's

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 2:56 PM

It depends on your budget and sense of commitment to a tool.

I would love to buy modo. There is no way I can afford $1200.00 as a hobbyist. If I were a professional modeller and were looking for the optimal tool and price was not a consideration, I wouldn't hesitate: modo would be my first choice.

I have Silo. It is a decent modeller and there are some great tutorials written for it (Fugazi). It's currently on special as well (well, was on special from SM, not sure if this is still true).

Then, if your budget is really tight - that would be most of us battlers, I reckon - there's always Wings3D... or Blender3D. Blender is full-featured, with more to come, but some find it a bit difficult to learn. However, there is a lot of support - tutorials and videos and more - and you can't beat the price.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

26Fahrenheit ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 3:07 PM

Quote - It depends on your budget and sense of commitment to a tool.

I would love to buy modo. There is no way I can afford $1200.00 as a hobbyist. If I were a professional modeller and were looking for the optimal tool and price was not a consideration, I wouldn't hesitate: modo would be my first choice.

Well then Check out the MODO luxology forums .. often .. the marketplace forums has people selling their Modo .. for 50% etc etc and you are then ligit to upgrade for discount etc etc..

Chris 

HERE are my FREEBEE's

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 3:08 PM

Great idea, Chris - thanks for the tip! I will be in the market for modo - eventually... 😄

Metaphor of Chooks

26Fahrenheit ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 3:12 PM

here : http://forums.luxology.com/topic.aspx?f=42&t=73075 

some one is selling MODO 501 at low price ..when you buy it you can upgarde to 601 or 701 when its out for upgarde price ... i know its money, but its a good deal ..

BTW i dont know the seller and its not me , i just picked one from the list 

Chris

HERE are my FREEBEE's

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 4:01 PM

Thanks for that, Chris - bookmarking the page of that thread! Thanks again - suddenly, modo becomes affordable... now, still need to save up a bit. :biggrin:

Metaphor of Chooks

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2013 at 5:18 PM

if you want Silo at a reasonable price... Steam!

currently £29.99 on there...

amileduan ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2013 at 9:43 PM

I do agree that Modo is better than Silo.Personal feeling...

render farm :Intel Xeon E5560 * 2, 16 cores with hyper-threading,Win7 64bit.

LuxXeon ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2013 at 9:18 AM

Modo is a great application, but I haven't used it in about a year, because i'm used to a non-destructive modeling workflow, and Modo doesn't, or didn't at the time, didn't offer this.  Some sort of non-linear workflow, I suppose, could be had through reorganizing the command history options, but I'd prefer a much more parametric workflow, where modifiers, deformers, or even polygon and edge operations could be stacked and reorganized very simply in the process, as in the Modifier Panel of 3dsmax, or even to a lesser degree, hypergraph in Maya.

Have the newer versions added any kind of non-linear modeling features?

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

Pol ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 3:13 PM

The more I understand Blender the more I love it.  I'm still using Lightwave, which as a great modeler, but this days, Blender is a really GREAT software.

Janl ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2013 at 10:49 PM · edited Mon, 11 February 2013 at 10:50 PM

I use both Modo and Silo. They are both great programs. However, if you are new to modelling then I would suggest Silo and Fugazi's tutorials. Blender and Wings 3D seem to be good free alternatives.

arat ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2013 at 6:04 PM

Love my Modo, just need to do something practicle with it, sigh!!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.