Thu, Sep 19, 12:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 12:07 pm)

Subject: Ungroupe

MerryChristmas ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2013 at 8:39 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:41 PM

**Hey would some kind soul tell me how to go about "Ungrouping" in

DazStudio version 4.5.0.49 Pro.?

**Thanks.

PoppaC ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2013 at 9:07 PM

what do you want to un-group If you mean in the sean tab then rt click and unparent the items if somthing different oooopps sorry that is all I know

MerryChristmas ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2013 at 3:41 AM

Thanks PoppaC

When inporting 3ds files converted to objs via Bryce i would like to

be able to go into Surfaces Tab to apply textures to selected parts of

figuremodel.

I could ungroup in Bryce and texture there then bridge back to Daz

but thought it be faster to do in Studio as i thought an "Ungroup"

was possible in Daz 4.5 pro.

**Guess i got it all wrong!!

PoppaC ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2013 at 4:54 AM

Changing the textures under the surface tab can be done. Just not to the degree I think you are lookng for in Studio. but if you are tryung to change say the tomy as to the hip nope  not in Studio you would need somthing like photoshop and recreate the textures you would like  save them then inport the new textures under the surface tab what you seem to be looking to do is far beyound my talent. I would love to be able to use any 3d Program but I am a click and go artest.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2013 at 8:14 AM

The surfaces pane will list the defined surfaces on the imported item. If it is further divided into groups you will need to use the Polygon group editor - set that as the active tool open the Tool settings pane and click the + next to a group you wish to turn into a material. Now in the viewport right-click on the selected polygons and from the menu click Polygon Assignment>Create Surface from selected..., enter the name for the surface you want to create in the box, and click Accept.

PoppaC ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2013 at 8:22 AM

wow it is great that we have some great art GEEKS in this I do learn a lot thanks a bunch

MerryChristmas ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2013 at 4:50 AM

Thanks to you both for your advice RHaseltine and PoppaC.

Will give it a try.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.