Fri, Oct 4, 9:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Eeww...What happened to the Forum?

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 7:04 AM · edited Mon, 25 February 2013 at 7:11 AM

file_492003.jpg

Ha-ha-ha-, this is getting beyond hilarious. :-)

Is this for some hidden camera TV spot?

This is my first page, not a forum in sight.
Filled with duplicated garbadge, but no forum to be seen.

Ah?
I need to go down a few yards? Is that the trick?

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 7:14 AM · edited Mon, 25 February 2013 at 7:17 AM

file_492005.jpg

Well, then there is this :-)

ONE, exactly ** ONE** post visible on a 1920x1080 screen. :-)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 7:27 AM

And the Oscar for "Messing up a web site" goes to...........

Rendo Web Programmer!!!!!

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 8:28 AM

not sure i can take any more upheaval in my life.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Saxon3d ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 9:14 AM

Has anyone else noticed that the Renderosity teams up with MSN article over Nerdcore Channel on the homepage

http://www.renderosity.com/renderosity-teams-with-msn-video-cms-16543

features proudly an image of the "OLD" website .

I wonder if they would have been as keen to feature it if it looked like this LOL

Just saying before anyone accuses me of having a pop at anyone :)

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 9:47 AM

For me, everything works fine.  IE or Firefox, though the latter is what I use.  I like the user drop down at the top, and I like the new wishlist. 

I dont get anything like in some white/white or overlapping screenshots here, in either browser. 

The biggest issue is the dark color contrast with the new white.  I would say go one way or another...light or dark.  White on dark blue or against the charcoal, is not pleasant. 

At least let us know when you are done.  that way we can use Greasemonkey, Stylish, etc... to change the look, without having to redo it.

Has there been any communication to the community about this, maybe in these 7 pages?

foxylady1 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 10:40 AM

file_492013.JPG

Is anyone else having a problem with the forum not showing all of what is typed?

There isn't anyway of scrolling to the right to see what is written.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 10:48 AM

I can't even force mine to do that, be reducing the browser size?  Are you running NoScript, or something similar?  What browser?  It amazing I can even ask these questions with that little ball taunting me  ;-)

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 10:59 AM

I was seeing cropping of text (posts failing to text-wrap), like in foxylady's screen grab, earlier. But not now...

...all the text in the posts in this thread is wrapping fine for me now, in Firefox (currently) at least.

Will see it in Safari later...

Generally the colors look a lot better for me now. Forum looking kind of back to normal almost...

...and it looks like the color scheme in the marketplace pages has been toned down (i.e. the white has been toned down).

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 11:01 AM

Yeah foxlady1, I get that too from time to time.

Or it flows off screen, or it is masked by more misplaced advertising.

Oh dear, what a mess.

obm890 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 11:02 AM

Quote - Is anyone else having a problem with the forum not showing all of what is typed?

There isn't anyway of scrolling to the right to see what is written.

I've had that happen to a few posts here over the last week or so. The only way I could get it to wrap so I could read it was to hit the quote button, then it all shows up properly formatted in the reply window.

I figured it was caused by someone typing their post in a word processor or something and then pasting it here, but that was before all the current goings on around here. Now I'm more inclined to think it's a site problem.

foxylady1 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 11:19 AM

Quote - I can't even force mine to do that, be reducing the browser size?  Are you running NoScript, or something similar?  What browser?  It amazing I can even ask these questions with that little ball taunting me  ;-)

I am running IE8 and never had a problem before.  I tried reducing the view to 75%, but then I cannot read it.  I am on XP and love it, my husband has Win7 and I hate it.  It is like being talked down to, I cannot image what Win8 is like.

[The little ball just beckons to you Outlaw, it is calling you over to the dark side.  Just keep watching.]

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 11:21 AM

All of the wonky stuff seems to have been fixed so far as I can tell on my screen.

However, it is still a clash of ugly colours, but unfortunately I'm sad to say that the powers that be won't ever listen to the members about the colours on this site.

I still think an art site should be esthetically pleasing to look at, and that IMHO, RO falls very short in that regard.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

foxylady1 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 11:23 AM

Quote - Yeah foxlady1, I get that too from time to time.

Or it flows off screen, or it is masked by more misplaced advertising.

Oh dear, what a mess.

Strange that it only happens sometimes, and not every thread on every forum I have read.

obm890  Thank you, that is a great idea and it works!

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 11:26 AM · edited Mon, 25 February 2013 at 11:27 AM

Yeah, please DO let us know when you're through...everytime you change something my Color That Site setttings get borked.

Laurie

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 11:32 AM

IE8?

Well, least its not IE6 I guess... ;)

foxylady1 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 12:05 PM

Quote - IE8?

XP will not run IE9.

I know, soon XP will not be supported anymore.  I need to think about getting Windows 8.  I am not looking forward to that.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 12:10 PM

XP -> Win8 will be very painful!  I struggle with Win8 coming from Win7.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 4:21 PM · edited Mon, 25 February 2013 at 4:28 PM

Quote - > Quote - IE8?

XP will not run IE9.

I know, soon XP will not be supported anymore.  I need to think about getting Windows 8.  I am not looking forward to that.

Have you tried the Chrome Frame plugin for IE8?

http://www.google.com/chromeframe?prefersystemlevel=true

EDIT: Actually, wouldn't help I don't think... I don't see the necessary meta tags in Rendo's head tag anyways...

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 5:06 PM · edited Mon, 25 February 2013 at 5:07 PM

If Renderosity turned the white down to a H.S.V. H-000 S-000 V-050.
I would appreciate it.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 5:14 PM

I see they have yet to change the ridiculously large header and footer on the pages. This is killing my scrolling finger just to get down to the forum posts or cruise the galleries.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

JoePublic ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 7:12 PM

file_492026.jpg

Umm, while I can live with the way the forums are set up now, the marketplace is now completely unuseable. (See pic)

Am I really supposed to scroll through a single column of gigantic promos with no thumnail overview whatsoever anymore ?

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 7:13 PM

I suspect the re-design is meant to look good on the vertical format of iPads and other tablets.  A lot of sites seem to be doing that.  Unfortunately, it's a pain in the butt if you are looking at it on a conventional computer screen.  Especially the widescreen ones.

JoePublic ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 7:16 PM

file_492027.jpg

Oh, wait, the thumbnail formatting is back when I scale down the site:

JoePublic ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 7:17 PM · edited Mon, 25 February 2013 at 7:17 PM

file_492028.jpg

But then the forums become unreadable small on my screen:

JoePublic ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 7:18 PM · edited Mon, 25 February 2013 at 7:21 PM

file_492029.jpg

This is the size setting I need the forums to be but it makes a mess out of the marketplace.

JoePublic ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 7:25 PM

Not to mention the white background tiles in the marketplace are very distracting.

These "improvements" are very badly executed.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 8:19 PM

Quote - I suspect the re-design is meant to look good on the vertical format of iPads and other tablets.  A lot of sites seem to be doing that.  Unfortunately, it's a pain in the butt if you are looking at it on a conventional computer screen.  Especially the widescreen ones.

Well,if the re-design is meant to look good on an iPad, 'Rosity has reached epic webdesign fail.

I have an iPad and the site looks as crappy on the iPad as it does on my 23" computer monitor, boxes are all different sizes, the entire site is off center, regardless or orientation.

Of course, I may be holding the iPad wrong.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 9:34 PM

Yep, can also attest...it looks bad on my ipad too (and my Android phone btw).

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 9:58 PM

file_492032.jpg

On my Android phone...pretty hideous.

Laurie

jif3d ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 10:06 PM

Hello Mr Pat'e (what, am I chopped liver or something = basicwiz)

The weekend is over and the site still looks CRAP !

So now I'm really starting to PANIC...will it ever look kool again ?

The main white banner is now white with tiny small blue dots...WOW...NOT !

WFT happened to the size of the comments box, is it just for Artchart surfers who only give two word comments ? and that sort of behaviour sucks, as most artists will give a comment back...maybe we all should just ignore those imposters or maybe they should just be banned ? LOL

How about a panel of Artistic judges choosing who deserves to be there and not the artists (???) who copy & paste on every single post...yeah, I know it's a dream, but one can only hope. Geez, you can't post an image at GC society without it being screened by a panel art experts !

Also the artist when posting, now have a tiny window as well, not very kool if you have a bit of info about your artwork or want to add a link to say YouTube or something...PAH !

Enough dummy spitting, please sort this mess out soon or there won't be any decent artist posting here anymore.

:o(

Janl ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 10:47 PM · edited Mon, 25 February 2013 at 11:01 PM

file_492035.jpg

Looks bad on my iPhone. The Renderosity image is not loading.

Edit to add: The image does load on my iPad. Maybe it is because I'm not logged in on the iPhone.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 11:19 PM

Quote - How about a panel of Artistic judges choosing who deserves to be there and not the artists (???) who copy & paste on every single post...yeah, I know it's a dream, but one can only hope. Geez, you can't post an image at GC society without it being screened by a panel art experts !

cgtalk are a long long long ways from cool.
It's no secret that I bloody hate cgtalk.

The cgportfolio ,if there is a second page and you click on a thumb on the second page.
it always takes you back to the first page.
Been like that for a long time ya think they would have fix that buy now.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 12:03 AM · edited Tue, 26 February 2013 at 12:04 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

file_492036.PNG

Yeah, Rendo looks bad on my ipad too ;) The stark white with the dark bkgnd is annoying as hell.

Laurie

vampchild ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 5:52 AM

I guess this store just don't want us folks

who still love XP being able to buy stuff here

anymore. I guess my years of buying here are

over. But thats ok cause this ain't the only house

on the block. I used to like this place.

Beware-The Smoking Man Still Lives!

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 6:40 AM · edited Tue, 26 February 2013 at 6:42 AM

file_492040.jpg

Some one from the east coast?? Can you read the missing parts for us? ---------------------------------------------------- OK, OK, OK. I wanna be a member of the mile high club.

But that does not mean we want a mile high header.

A few more days, and I will sue for prescription glasses.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 7:01 AM

I do miss hovering over the What's Hot, and seeing if its hot because it is on sale, just went prime or new (based on price that would show during a hover)

Otherwise, site's been workin' fine for me (other than white on dark).  I guess after the other sites fiasco of months of periodic non-working forums, market, account and more...color irregularities just seems like small potatoes.

My guess is they are background testing changes before deploy, so as not to break anything critical. (or at least I hope :tongue1: )

I tried the Color That Site add-on, but I could not get it to work?

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 7:03 AM

Can whoever is messing the site up, please come and explain yourself to the users.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Janl ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 9:59 AM · edited Tue, 26 February 2013 at 10:00 AM

Attached Link: Color That Site Tutorial

> Quote - I do miss hovering over the What's Hot, and seeing if its hot because it is on sale, just went prime or new (based on price that would show during a hover) > > Otherwise, site's been workin' fine for me (other than white on dark).  I guess after the other sites fiasco of months of periodic non-working forums, market, account and more...color irregularities just seems like small potatoes. > > My guess is they are background testing changes before deploy, so as not to break anything critical. (or at least I hope :tongue1: ) > > I tried the Color That Site add-on, but I could not get it to work?

Yep, it is mostly only the colours that are messed up so it is not as bad as it could be. However, the glare gives me a terrible headache after a few minutes so I'm using Color That Site and have basically just inverted all the colours so I'm now looking at black pages in the forum and dark purple in the store.

For anyone who wants to delve a bit deeper into changing the colours there is a Color That Site tutorial here:

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/webmaster/toolbox/article.php/3919261/Firefox-Extension-for-Web-Development-Color-That-Site.htm

I hope the web dev team manages to sort out the colours very soon though.

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 10:57 AM · edited Tue, 26 February 2013 at 11:02 AM

The reason they changed the site is rather simple...

Since there was no major controversies Basicwiz (A Mod) was getting bored which is not healthy and wanted the forums to become a little warmer in their tone. Hence the changes. First to give themselves something to do. Second, when the forums heat up it cuts down on their heating bill.

During times of controversay here in the forums, their cpu fans run more, blowing off warm air as they jump from post to post. Plus their flat screen monitor not being in sleep mode all the time, gives off more heat too.  More heat from an alternative source and their furnace runs less, therefore cutting their heating bill. The activity of having to read a lot of posts and the mousing activity causes physically motion which also raises their body heat. The side benefit is an increase in blood pressure, which promotes cardiovascular activity coupled with the increased mouse movement promotes better over all general health. Which in turn should reduce their health care costs.

Everything has an explanation. You just need to look beneath the surface to get to the root of the intended consequences. Unfortunately every action has unintended consequences as evidenced by 8 pages of forums posts by those that feel they have been impacted in a negative way.

And as the man of the radio used to say, "And now you know the rest of the story!" :blink:

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Janl ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 11:03 AM

Yeah, life would be boring without a few little hiccups. :lol:

I hope everyone is keeping warm and healthy! :lol:

goldie ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 11:18 AM

i don't own an i-phone or a tablet, and i would like to understand something about these modes of web usage vis a vis a web site such as Rosity.  are people who use these instruments actually able to purchase and download with them, or are they just able to browse and perhaps view/comment in galleries/forums? 

foxylady1 ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 11:31 AM · edited Tue, 26 February 2013 at 11:35 AM

Would it be possible to lighten the blue background a little, just a little would be fine.  Right now the whole color scheme is giving me a headache.

Normally, I have a wait and see attitude when web site change to a new format.  We can get used to anything if the change is handled right and the colors are easy to read.  But, you guys really made this hard to read and it is not an enjoyable experience.  Please note, I rarely ever visit the Daz store since the change almost a year ago.  Please, please don't make me leave Renderosity also. 

Janl ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 11:42 AM · edited Tue, 26 February 2013 at 11:43 AM

Quote - i don't own an i-phone or a tablet, and i would like to understand something about these modes of web usage vis a vis a web site such as Rosity.  are people who use these instruments actually able to purchase and download with them, or are they just able to browse and perhaps view/comment in galleries/forums? 

Yes, it is possible to purchase via an iPhone/tablet. The web site is displayed in a browser just like on a desktop/laptop with the same functionality. However, if I purchase via my iPad I always download the zip files to my normal computer later.

goldie ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 12:00 PM · edited Tue, 26 February 2013 at 12:02 PM

Quote - > Quote - i don't own an i-phone or a tablet, and i would like to understand something about these modes of web usage vis a vis a web site such as Rosity.  are people who use these instruments actually able to purchase and download with them, or are they just able to browse and perhaps view/comment in galleries/forums? 

Yes, it is possible to purchase via an iPhone/tablet. The web site is displayed in a browser just like on a desktop/laptop with the same functionality. However, if I purchase via my iPad I always download the zip files to my normal computer later.

thanks, jan.  but if you didn't use the i-phone to purchase, would that actually hurt your buying ability here at Rosity.  i have on occasion purchased something while at work, and then downloaded it when i got home, but, i could have waited to purchase until i got home (impulse shopping :D)...

i am just trying to determine if catering to i-phone/tablet users at the expense of the old conventional computer user is the way a site should go.  because i get the feeling this so-called Rosity site update is leaning towards the i-ohone/tablet.  i could be wrong though.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 12:04 PM

To confirm, at present they're not catering to iPhone or tablet users

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 12:07 PM

Posting from my iPhone is totally broken. It wasnt great before bit now if I carriage return the text editor freezes up. 

Although strangely its fine for this post ;)

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 12:07 PM

Posting from my iPhone is totally broken. It wasnt great before bit now if I carriage return the text editor freezes up. 

Although strangely its fine for this post ;)

Janl ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 12:08 PM · edited Tue, 26 February 2013 at 12:13 PM

Quote - thanks, jan.  but if you didn't use the i-phone to purchase, would that actually hurt your buying ability here at Rosity.  i have on occasion purchased something while at work, and then downloaded it when i got home, but, i could have waited to purchase until i got home (impulse shopping :D)... i am just trying to determine if catering to i-phone/tablet users at the expense of the old conventional computer user is the way a site should go.  because i get the feeling this so-called Rosity site update is leaning towards the i-ohone/tablet.  i could be wrong though.

It's handy having something portable if away from home for an extended amount of time and don't want to enter your log in details into several strange computers, I guess.

I think portable computing is what we will be seeing more of in the future. I'm thinking of those new computers that are only the size of a thumb drive here. However, at the moment Poser only works on a desktop/laptop but maybe that will change in the future too.

I don't know but it seems trendy at the moment to cater for the smart phone / tablet market.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 12:08 PM

Whoops spoke too soon there... anyway

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.