Tue, Oct 22, 4:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: I neede a utility for exporting Poser models to use in BRYCE5

camelot77 ( ) posted Sat, 15 September 2001 at 11:41 PM ยท edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 10:04 PM

It's pretty rediculous that Byce still does'nt support Poser files, when I import wavefront obj. model files into Bryce5 I have no eyeballs or hair and eyebrow hair textures. It looks like Bryce5 still does'nt support transparency maps which are needed for VICTORIA 2.0 models, I've read there tutorial for applying trans maps but what a pain in the arse. somebody has gotten to have developed a tool for creating complete wavefront obj. file with trans maps included, to reduce this headache, if you could help I would be grateful, thanks.

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sun, 16 September 2001 at 12:22 AM

I've used the grouper utility from the freestuff section with B4 and it does a pretty good job . I don't use vicky or B5 so I don't know how it would work for you.

thgeisel ( ) posted Sun, 16 September 2001 at 2:01 AM

grouper can be a little help.I have it.But in my opinion its not a big timesaver. I still do it by applying the transmaps manually, but as you mention its a pain.Specially when you use hair with several transmaps.

Gadgets11692 ( ) posted Sun, 16 September 2001 at 2:39 PM

Does n e one know of a way to import posers bvh files in bryce! it would be cool if i can make an animating guy in bryce. thanx Gadgets

thgeisel ( ) posted Sun, 16 September 2001 at 3:02 PM

there are 2 programs with which you can do it.One is called suzanna the other one is developed by a guy called Konan do a search here in the bryceforum for it

Phantast ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2001 at 10:47 AM

Suzanna and Natural Pose, but both cost money, in the latter case $99. The problem with transparency is not all Bryce's fault it is partly Poser. Bryce won't read .pz3 (which is inexcusable, I think), but the problem is compounded by the fact that Poser doesn't export the transparency information when it creates an .obj file, which is also not very smart. Does anyone here have a full spec for the .mtl format? If I could get hold of that I might be able to run up a little utility myself. I've searched for it but can only find subsets.

Allen9 ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2001 at 6:30 PM

Whether in Bryce 4 or Bryce 5, you still have to apply the transparency maps separately. Grouper doesn't put in transmap info, only texture & bumpmap.

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 19 September 2001 at 5:14 AM

Grouper doesn't really put in any info; it just groups. When you import a Poser figure into Bryce, skin, nostrils, lips, eyeballs etc are all separate meshes, although they share the same texture file. The significance of Grouper is that you can join all the bits that share the same texture into one mesh, which means that modifying the texture in Bryce is easier.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.