Thu, Sep 19, 10:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Wow ,,, is Renderosity bought by DAZ ?

Madbat ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:38 PM

Quote - You are entitled to your opinion of course, but bashing or attacking others won't be tolerated. You are certainly allowed to express your opinion in a productive, tactful and mature way.

LMAO!!

Oh what a dastardly villain I are!

twizzles mustache

grylin ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:39 PM

Attached Link: http://web.archive.org/web/20080306002933/http://www.renderosity.com/

this, i miss!!! was pleasant to look at too :D (hope the link works)

grylin ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:40 PM

Attached Link: http://web.archive.org/web/20120103031105/http://www.renderosity.com/

> Quote - this, i miss!!! was pleasant to look at too :D (hope the link works)

n this!!!

Madbat ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:44 PM

Quote - this, i miss!!! was pleasant to look at too :D (hope the link works)

I wasn't fond of the Daz background gradient so much, but it was certainly better on the eyes color wise.

grylin ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:45 PM

yep

FaeMoon ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:50 PM

Quote - this, i miss!!! was pleasant to look at too :D (hope the link works)

This one was stunning!  Love the colors, so easy on the eyes, love the way the thumbnails are done.

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:52 PM

Quote - > Quote - You are entitled to your opinion of course, but bashing or attacking others won't be tolerated. You are certainly allowed to express your opinion in a productive, tactful and mature way.

LMAO!!

twizzles mustache

LOL not sure "villain" is the word I would pick. I've seen my fair share of true "villains" and you have a long long long way to go :):) 

grylin ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:53 PM

it was!!! :) pleeeaaseee renderosity!! bring one of them back!! if others miss  it too ofc :) or something similar :) the grey top bit is distracting........... :(''''

grylin ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:54 PM

now, i love rendo, i buy stuff from time to time, and like all free things :) but.... aaanyway, enuff from me tonite :P

Madbat ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 5:00 PM · edited Fri, 22 February 2013 at 5:02 PM

Nevertheless, the constant deleting of posts/reviews and even thumbnail nitpicking has really ticked me off to the point where I've deleted my gallery, and everything else. I am not spending any more money here. I'd ask for for a refund on my prime membership as well, but that would mean I'd have to spend the refund here. And please make sure I get no "We Miss You, have a discount" emails either. They are not welcome.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 5:25 PM

Quote - You are entitled to your opinion of course, but bashing or attacking others won't be tolerated. You are certainly allowed to express your opinion in a productive, tactful and mature way.

Stacy Dear, if you and the rest of the 'Rosity folks can't handle a little criticism, then perhaps dealing with the public isn't for you.

If you deal with the public, get used to brick bats being thrown your way.  It is the nature of the beast.

bebopdlx ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 7:22 PM

I agree.

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 8:47 PM

It's not a matter of not being able to "handle" it at all but we have guidelines that must be followed and we are all adults here so it should be easy to express opinions without attacks or bashing. 

These threads need to be for productive feedback so we can move forward and the tos will be followed

Regards

Stacey

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 8:51 PM

And madbat, that is a setting you control on your MY PROFILE page, you can set this to NO so as not to receive any promotional emails.

Regards

Stacey

novelist999 ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 9:49 PM

Quote - LMAO!!

twizzles mustache

Ha, ha! You make me wish these posts had a "like" button.

novelist999 ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 9:55 PM · edited Fri, 22 February 2013 at 9:56 PM

For the record, I dislike the new design too. The white section at the top is glaring and way too big. It makes me feel like another site hijacked renderosity, and I'm viewing the site in a bottom frame.

tcombs ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 10:34 PM

Seems to be a lot less people on RR site last two days than there usually are?? Is this because of the site design?

Scrib ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 8:28 AM

hello rendo team,

please come back to your old design. the most important thing: picture thumbs at the market place are so tiny now, you can't see what's in.

a responsive design isn't always the best choice. on the ipad, it looks more terrible than on the normal browser.

let the technicans rule, and you will lose your customers. this story here now remembers me on SmithMicros ContentParadise, when they did their "new" design years ago and many vendors and customers moved to Rendo, as using the CP website turns to get painful.

Best wishes,

Scrib 

EpiEndless ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 8:36 AM

One problem that the update seems to have caused:

This item used to say that it was no longer available for purchase.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/hover-platform-/95969

NOW, we have a confusing 'Pending' button which takes you to the marketplace, and an ERROR: Invalid request: 95969 message.

(I'd really like to buy that, by the way.)

tcombs ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 11:01 AM

I made a simple statement about site traffic going down and it has been removed. I don't think that was in any way attacking but an observation. Strange.

BTW, I am going to remove all items from my wishlist that are nonessential to me, as they were before the site change.  My attitude has changed in regard to the way that RR looks at my opinion as a shopper.

I am a customer, as all others in this forum, and we should come first, as in most businesses.

tcombs ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 11:15 AM

My bad, my statement was not removed, I was looking at wrong page.:)

scanmead ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 11:25 AM

I did recheck what I'd typed in the navigation bar! Honestly, I think this is a brighter, cleaner look. No matter what you do, people don't like change. It happens every time a site freshens up their look. Someone put a lot of work into the new look, and I know they're still tweaking it. Your work is appreciated: it's not easy coming up with something new.

goldie ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 3:20 PM

Quote - I did recheck what I'd typed in the navigation bar! Honestly, I think this is a brighter, cleaner look. No matter what you do, people don't like change. It happens every time a site freshens up their look. Someone put a lot of work into the new look, and I know they're still tweaking it. Your work is appreciated: it's not easy coming up with something new.

LOL

groucho ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 3:59 PM

From time to time Rendo asks our opinion about their site - NOW would be a very good time to start a poll. But they don't care, they don't want to hear our complaints.

Some smart aleck had an oh so great idea: "There's no need for a change but let's annoy our customers and vendors nevertheless!"

SIGH - when DAZ downgraded their store I stopped buying there in June 2012. I do not want to see a similar fiasco here and be forced to draw similar consequences. I have bought here since August 2000 and my item list says I have 1193 items (there were even more items on my DAZ list). But maybe that's more than enough money spent here. I have already deleted everything on my wishlist.

And I doubt that I will renew my Prime Membership for a third year.

tcombs ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 4:45 PM

I quit daz, too at the same time. Many others followed.....same might happen here?

goldie ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 5:48 PM · edited Sat, 23 February 2013 at 5:56 PM

Quote - I quit daz, too at the same time. Many others followed.....same might happen here?

yup, same for me...once that genesis thing reared its head i was out of the PC and rarely purchase anything from Daz--only once in the while now do i purchase from them and only if that something is unique and interesting and it's for Poser.  they were so cock sure that genesis was going to be the road to fantastic success for Daz--i don't think it's been all they had counted on...i bet too the disaster of Daz' site redesign was another factor which drove customers away...beware Rosity--it could happen to you too...

scifibabe ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 7:56 PM

Wow - it is good to see that other folks are not happy about the site design.  Yeah, I quit buying as much from DAZ.  Some of it was site design.  Some of it was the whole Genesis thing.  Anyway, I hope that Rendo will revise their color scheme at least.  I really like how the site looked and felt before. Rendo has always been one of my favorite places to shop. 

hmatienzo ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 8:20 PM

The colors are dreadful.  The interface is horrible.  Do I hate it?  With a passion!  Will I stop coming here because of some bad colors?

Hell no!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Minyassa ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 11:04 PM

Trying to word this so it will be helpful feedback:

The colors chosen for the site combined with the white blocks and bland white header have changed the entire tone of the site.  We Rendo customers are snobs.  We liked an interface that looked high-end, classy, elegant and different.  This new layout looks just like all of Rendo's competitors now, and it is not an attractive or appealing look.  It's like going from Tiffany's to Wal-Mart.  I'm not trying to be vicious but that is the only way I can describe the shocking difference and the downgrade to site feel.  You've cheapened it, gone from engraved metal and enamel to plastic.  I do not associate quality with this visual style.  There is a visceral reaction that this is cheap and tawdry.  It is a 180 from the way the site felt and looked before.

tcombs ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 11:12 PM

I totally agree with Minyassa!  The huge white blocks make the site hard to navigate and the pages look like so many other sites in digital sales, now. I loved the RR look before, but it detracts from the promo images with the colors now chosen.

Wishlist is unrecognizable and pics are way too big.

sioc ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 5:37 AM

hello,

I don't understand how a pro site like renderosity that lives by ad on visual  vitual things can go live with an unfinished template on its website. It's just nonsense.

If you pay your webmaster you pay him/her/it to much !

A template / a css can be tested outside production damnit, that's why we got sandboxes.

I am webmaster for few communities and I NEVER went live without testing under at least IE/Firefox/Opera ... and without validation of the result.  I loved Rendo because it was out of damn white and to bright colors.

Every time you change something I lost something I liked / used, last time it was the daz studio category in the store search, now it's the peace of my eyes... not sure I'll go over that one.  And I know you work on it, but the Marketplace was never so slow before.

So, buy or rent a test server, duplicate your site there, play with it but don't bother the custumers, do some charges tests and once ok propose it, not force it on custumers. We are creatures of habits, nothing wrong to want to expand / change / wanting to get new custumers but if you loose the old one in the process i'll say it's not a win win it is a loose loose choice. The old ones are those that do reputation.

You saw what happened to daz3d when they went through the change of their website... don't repeat others errors.

Please be smart people... only smart people acknowledge their errors and fix them.

so i surely did some so I apology already but never forget the french expression "Le client est Roi" (tl: The custumer is king).  

edosan.sakura ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 7:26 AM

I am a member and customer for many years and this is the first time that a GUI is also ugly at Renderosity. It does not want to go shopping.

helgas ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 11:15 AM

I have to agree with the majority of members. I still can't believe this has happened.

Renderosity looked classy and inviting. Often I couldn't resist an item because the presentation was irresistable. With the new design the products seems to disappear into the background. They look so unattractive that I don't even bother to take a closer look.

Yesterday I deleted more than half of my Wishlist because it has become unmanagable. The huge thumbnails with part of the info on the site and part below the thumbnails is irritating. The pages have become so long that it hurts to scroll through 10 ore more. It is close to impossible to find the Prime items because there is only a tiny miniatur banner on the top left of the huge thumbnail.

The large amount of white space is another problem. My eyes are very sensitive and I do need them more than another item from the store. Please, please, tone it down. Not everybody likes to use Firefox. 

I too haven't done my usual weekend shopping and I let the coupon go. At the moment I can't bring myself to buy anything. I stopped buying from DAZ after their site change and I would be devastated if I had to loose Renderosity as well. I feel very attached to this site and I can only hope that Renderosity is more inclined to listen to the despair of their customers.

booksbydavid ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 12:21 PM

Why anyone would go live with a screw up site change like this is beyond me...and over a weekend. Who's bright idea was that?

Sabby ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 1:11 PM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 1:12 PM

Quote - Yesterday I deleted more than half of my Wishlist because it has become unmanagable. The huge thumbnails with part of the info on the site and part below the thumbnails is irritating. The pages have become so long that it hurts to scroll through 10 ore more. It is close to impossible to find the Prime items because there is only a tiny miniatur banner on the top left of the huge thumbnail.

Out of curiosity, are you looking at the wishlist with your browser window full sized and the browser zoom set to default? Since this is a "responsive" design, it basically looks wrong if you have too small a window or zoomed in too much, etc.

I only ask, because for me, the thumbnails are small sized and the info appears all in the right place on the wishlist.

Renderosity Store :: Daz3D Store :: Facebook

grylin ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:35 PM

please bring tha older look back! or make the colours a bit lessss grey? :(

DocMikeB ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 5:00 PM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 5:04 PM

The main problem is that the current look of the site "forces" many users (me included) to leave after 10-15 minutes... to prevent a severe migraine LOL

The huge header now is light grey (and not white like it was yesterday) but this is only a very litte improvement. The browsing experience is still quite unpleasant.

I really hope that this is just a temporary interface... a transition state between the old and a new (hopefully more eye-friendly) layout.

So... let's be patient and lets give to webmasters & designers some days to fix all...  But I agree with people who says that the layout should have been tested elsewhere (a mirror site) BEFORE to apply it to Renderosity.

Mike.  

tcombs ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 5:01 PM

To answer Sabby about wishlist....I am using IE, with full page view at 1440x900 settings and I have to scroll my wishlist 10 pages long to see all 34 things on the list, due to the HUGE white thumbnails.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 8:34 PM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 8:46 PM

Yes unfortunately for me the new look does hurt my eyes a lot.  The reason I see it so is so much white on a dark colour background bad idea.  The reason the Daz site works well is that the colour scheme is not so over powering and easier on the eyes.

But here it is to much of a contrast and thus harder to look at and after awhile one begins to get headaches.

Just looked at my wishlist and well it is a close copy of  Daz's in terms of giving you a cost total of the items on it there was nothing like this before wondering why now.

And looking at the header even more it is a close copy of Daz's colour scheme, will be interesting to see what happens next.

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

helgas ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 10:27 AM

Hi Sabby,

Today the "Quote" is no longer working. Maybe they are changing the Forums.

It does not matter how I look at the Wishlist. Reduced or full screen makes no difference in the appearance. Window is at 100% and not zoomed in. The thumbnails remain huge and the white space is forbidding.

I am not the only one with this problem. A large number of members have the same experience.

Sabby ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 12:30 PM

;( IE 8? Granted, I am not at all defending this disaster of a site update. I am just trying to understand the problem.

gypsyangel ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 12:38 PM · edited Mon, 25 February 2013 at 12:38 PM

Quote - ;( IE 8? Granted, I am not at all defending this disaster of a site update. I am just trying to understand the problem.

This ^ LOL

I'm on Firefox and deleted my entire wishlist...it was just brutally annoying to the point of ridiculous. So 480.00 worth of items, in the trash. I'll try and spend my rewards and maybe the GC I have, but that will be all for the foreseeable future.

helgas ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 1:52 PM

Quote - ;( IE 8? Granted, I am not at all defending this disaster of a site update. I am just trying to understand the problem.

Hurrah, Quote is working again.

Yes, IE8 and Chrome. I too would like to understand the problem. Part of it is quite clear. Since my Wishlist was just perfect before the change the problem can't be on my end. Nothing has changed on my side.

You are very kind and I really do appreciate your interest. I do have some knowledge about foreground and background design plus professional testing procedures.

I am afraid that there is very little I can do from my side to remedy this look of the Wishlist. Therefore, I have deleted more than half of it. This is of course of no benefit to the vendors and I feel very, very sorry for them.

Only Renderosity can fix this and I am sure (since so many customers experience the same thing) it will be fixed in the near or distand future. If I can help with more information on the problem I am happy to do so.

Thank you again for your kindness and interest.

Sabby ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 1:59 PM

Helgas, I see what you mean, in IE, they are practically full sized thumbs, I can cross post this into the bug forum thread we vendors have.

~Sabby

helgas ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 2:19 PM

Quote - Helgas, I see what you mean, in IE, they are practically full sized thumbs, I can cross post this into the bug forum thread we vendors have.

~Sabby

Thank you Sabby, this would be a big help. You are a very lovely person and a favourite vendor of mine.

Sabby ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 2:21 PM · edited Mon, 25 February 2013 at 2:21 PM

I posted this and Jennblake says that is a problem being addressed today. :D So, YAY~ And thank you for the kind words! You made my day a lot brighter. 8)

jennblake ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 4:24 PM

Should be fixed now. :)

tcombs ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 4:44 PM

Yes, wishlist is fixed as far as the thumb size is concerned. Too bad that many have deleted their list, and in my case, half of it.

Still a 'blinding' white background against a dark blue page background, which is too much contrast for my eyes to look at for more than a few seconds. 

It doesn't help that every button on the page contains most colors in a first grader's box of crayola crayons!

I think that this is what most are complaining about because the RR site had such pleasing colors to look at before this change, and now it chaotic.

helgas ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 6:44 PM

Quote - Should be fixed now. :)

A heartfelt Thank You to you, Sabby (for taking action), and of course the Rendo Team.

This was incredibly fast.

I know, this is going to sound ungrateful but I will at least give it a try. The size is perfect but the background (white) is blinding. After page two I felt pretty much blinded. Is there a way to tone the background to something a little bit darker? It is not urgent - maybe after everything is fixed it could be considered?

Thank you again,

Helga 

Sabby ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 7:25 PM

I believe they are still working on the colors.

Also, no thanks to me, this fix was already underway when I posted it in the vendor thread. :) Three cheers to the R-Team~

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.