Tue, Oct 22, 1:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: OT: Vaping, the story so far...

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2013 at 8:44 PM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 6:47 PM

It's been almost 4 weeks since I started vaping and, with the exception of a couple of real cigarettes a day for the first week, I haven't smoked. Not only that, I don't want to smoke a real cigarette. They revolt me. Seriously. Whenever I've stopped smoking before, the smell of someone else's cigarettes was a real temptation. I could have mugged the smoker there and then and eaten their cigs. Not now. I reckon I've foregone around 650-700 cigs in that time.

I love vaping and I get everything I liked from smoking and none of the stuff I don't like. I strongly recommend vaping to anyone who had to quit but could still kill for a cig.  I was a smoker for almost 40 years and the last 20 or so, I've smoked unfiltered hand rolled cigs.  If I can do it, anyone can.

@ Laurie - I've started refilling my carts, too.  I buy so many prefilled, then fill 'em again when they run out.  That's cut the cost down quite a lot, too.  All you do is prize off the cap, then drip the e-liquid into the wadding until it's soaked.  Recap the cart and leave it to stand for a while then you're good to go.  

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2013 at 9:23 PM

Good for you! Rooting for you I am!

unbroken-fighter ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2013 at 10:13 PM

ive started with the disposables and was feeling much better but then 1 failed and i had to buy real cigarettes while i wait for my rechargable to arrive and i have to say that i cant wait for it to get here

the one i went with has 4 strengths available so that i can step down over time and it wasnt that expensive to start with

i figured the costs out and its about half of the cost of tobacco ciagarettes

im happy i made the switch

charlie43 ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 12:32 AM

Hey, Sam!

I am so glad this is working for you. I have been cigarette free since 01/02/13, and it is getting easier for me. I have been a 3 pack a day smoker for over 50 years. I DO enjoy a cigar on the weekend. It is not driving me to smoke cigarettes, and is good theraphy for me. Keep it up, and be free!

C~

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 8:15 AM

That's fantastic news that your getting those feelings of revulsion towards actual tobacco cigs.

I suspect it means your body is starting to properly purge itself of the toxins, for one thing... and your subconscious (as well as your conscious mind of course!) is starting to fully absorb and recognise the benefits of this. Well, that's my, probably crackpot, theory for the day anyway...

Overall the vaping technique sounds like a great approach... certainly it's fantastic it's working so well for your good self :)

Jeez... I don't smoke (apart from a flirtation with it, on a social basis, in my teens and earlier twenties) and I'd be tempted to try vaping... he he. I won't though. I've got enough non-essential expense from my Poser addiction currently, to keep me going ;)

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 10:14 AM

way to go sam  keep  on  doin  what  you  do  and   you  will  be  cig  free

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 1:04 PM

I have no intention of ever smoking cigarettes or using tobacco again.  Vaping, however, is something I enjoy and I'm not entertaining the idea of giving that up.  It's a shade less expensive than the real thing and, since there are definite benefits to nicotine use, I'm happy to stick with it until they nail down the lid.  :)

I'm hoping Claire will make the switch soon.  She's quite a lot younger so the health benefits should be even more apparent for her.  I'm not nagging her about it, though; I hate born again non smokers.

My Store

My Gallery

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 2:30 PM · edited Mon, 11 March 2013 at 2:31 PM

well  i aint  about  to lecture  on  the  bad  points  of  smoking  but   glad you quit  and  more  power to you i have not had a  cigerette  in  six  months 

foxylady1 ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 4:47 PM

Wishing you all the luck in the world with this, great hearing it works so well.

I have been trying to get a friend to quit for a long time now, this sounds great.  But I don't see anything called vaping when I checked out the tobacco store this afternoon.  What should I be looking for here in the States?

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Mon, 11 March 2013 at 5:02 PM

e cigs

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 5:10 AM

They ain't that bad. However, they do make me choke terribly when I take a drag, so it's probably the one thing that's keeping me from switching altogether ;).

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 5:12 AM

Quote - ive started with the disposables and was feeling much better but then 1 failed and i had to buy real cigarettes while i wait for my rechargable to arrive and i have to say that i cant wait for it to get here

I've read that a lot of ppl that vape have two and I've seen them sold in sets of two - smoke one while the other one's charging ;).

Laurie

false1 ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 12:28 PM

Quote - They ain't that bad. However, they do make me choke terribly when I take a drag, so it's probably the one thing that's keeping me from switching altogether ;).

Laurie

I've been vaping for about a month and a half. I highly reccomentd the NicMaxx brand. i read that the key is not to inhale but smoke it more like a cigar. Slow drag into your mouth and back out through the nose. You don't have to be terribly disciplined as you do it but if your lungs are rejecting the vape you're probably not "saving" them.

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 12:58 PM

There seem to be a few misconceptions here.

First, nicotine of itself is not harmful in the dilute amounts found in cigarettes or e-cigs. Second, the vapour produced by an e-cig is not harmful in any way.  I smoke mine like a cigarette but more slowly, as the vapour seems to develop better if you give the heating coil a little more time to work.  

Yes, nicotine is extremely addictive and in concentrated form is highly toxic but so is chocolate (yes, really).  Anyone who wants a nicotine hit should switch to e-cigs because you'll get what you want without any of the 4000-odd toxins.    

My Store

My Gallery

false1 ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 4:17 PM

Quote - Yes, nicotine is extremely addictive and in concentrated form is highly toxic but so is chocolate (yes, really).  Anyone who wants a nicotine hit should switch to e-cigs because you'll get what you want without any of the 4000-odd toxins.  

I heard of a woman overdosing on water. She was binge drinking as part of a contest (hope that's not an urban myth I'm spreading). Glad e-cigs are working for you. I like them as well, maybe too much. I do wish the FDA or some respected third party would do a thorough safety study on them though. I don't really trust the various unregulated manufacturers very much.

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 7:11 PM · edited Tue, 12 March 2013 at 7:13 PM

That is true. She was trying to do a contest and win a game console for her kids and ended up dying for it. Of course, everyone should know that drinking too much water is fatal. I've known it since I was in grade school. LOL. Hopefully someones head has/will roll for that one.

As for the ciggies, I'm sorta of the thought that anything introduced into your lungs other than air is probably not good for you in the long term, but vaping is certainly better than smoking if you're gonna do either one ;).

Laurie

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 7:15 PM

smoke free  for 6 months  now  no cigs at all

unbroken-fighter ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 7:38 PM

my kit arrived today and came with 2 batteries ,5 refils, the plug in charger, and a USB charger  i dont think thats too bad for $60 with free shipping

i ordered an extra pack for now, they offer a free battery if i get on an auto delivery schedule but they want me to order more than i would need in a month so for now ill just order what i need when i need it

FalseBogus ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 3:33 AM

Been vaping for over an year now.

Started with those usb loading batteries and those small ego tanks. 

Didn't take too long until those tanks started to leak and switched to cartomizers.

After about 6 months switched to using lavatube with li-on batteries, last for 3 days before recharging. And using those big tanks now too (not the small ego things with atomizers). 

Those usb charged batteries seem to die within 3 months, some even earlier. So as an advice, always keep a spare parts with you ;)

I have a 30ml bottle of liquid, couple of li-on batteries and couple of extra cartos.

I had been smoking for about 20y before and not even once I have wanted a smoke after starting vaping.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 1:34 PM

Went to my asthma clinic today - routine check - and I've already shown a huge improvement in lung capacity, blood oxygen and general health.  That's after only 4 weeks not smoking.

They tell me it could take 3 months plus to get rid of all the crap from smoking but everything is on the up and up.  

My Store

My Gallery

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 1:51 PM

Quote - Went to my asthma clinic today - routine check - and I've already shown a huge improvement in lung capacity, blood oxygen and general health.  That's after only 4 weeks not smoking.They tell me it could take 3 months plus to get rid of all the crap from smoking but everything is on the up and up.

Huzzah!  The little person in your avatar needs you to stick with it. :D

scanmead ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 2:14 PM

Wow, Sam, excellent! I'm going to have to look into the sort you're describing.

I tried one that has the separate vaporizer, 2 batteries, and you just order cartridges, and was down to about 1 pack of old-fashioned cigarettes per week. Then I caught a cold and couldn't use the e-cig without launching into a coughing fit.

Besides the health benefits (just getting rid of the tar alone is great), the house didn't stink, the car didn't stink, there were no nasty ash trays scattered around, and no stray ashes all over. The cats didn't even leave the room! Plus, you only smoke a few puffs instead of having to finish a whole cigarette. (too expensive to waste)

You're giving me incentive to give it another run.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 3:30 PM · edited Thu, 14 March 2013 at 3:32 PM

Quote - Huzzah!  The little person in your avatar needs you to stick with it. :D

That little person is now 2 and her brother is 3 and a handful, I mean, half.  :)

@ scanmead - my ecig is nothing special; not one of the uber geek tank things, anyhow.  Just a cartomizer and a big battery.  

My Store

My Gallery

CaptainMARC ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 6:35 PM

Started vaping in January. I don't want to stop smoking, but have cut down considerably (from two packs a day to two packs a week).

I enjoy it, and it means I can still have a puff in a pub.

And if I feel the need for a serious nicotine hit, I can always take a line of snuff!

unbroken-fighter ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 9:30 PM

just had to recharge the battery for the first time and i changed to a new refill cratridge today as wel since i started using it full time on tuesday

the company said the refills would last obut 300 drags/ puffs or equal 30 cigarettes and 1 lasts 5 days  which equals 50 cigarettes

im happy with the choice and now i can have the kids in the truck when i use it without getting to them

Touchwood ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 12:49 AM

Be aware though that in the UK JD Wetherspoons policy is not to allow e-cigs in their eatablishments as their staff cannot tell the difference between them and the real thing. I kid you not . . . . 

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 5:22 AM

When one gets the flu and then a cold in the same two week period, one realizes how one REALLY needs to stop smoking. LOL.

I think I may cough for another three months (anything I get usually devolves into a horrible case of bronchitis).

Laurie

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 8:34 AM

Been 5 weeks now.  No desire for a real cigarette at all; in fact, they revolt me.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.