Thu, Sep 19, 10:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:56 pm)

Subject: New DAZ installer?

kimbersue ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 8:50 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:06 PM

Hi, I have a question about the new DAZ new installer which creates a public folder with "My DAZ Library".  While I like the fact the new installer gives me a clean daz library which I need badly.  When making clothing for Genesis or other characters to give away or sell.  Where do I now save those too with this new installer.

For Genesis I tried this:

Clothing to:  C:UsersPublicDocumentsMy DAZ 3D LibraryPeopleGenesisClothingmyfoldernameclothing

Textures to: C:UsersPublicDocumentsMy DAZ 3D LibraryRuntimeTexturesmyfoldernametexture

Material to:  C:UsersPublicDocumentsMy DAZ 3D LibraryRuntimeLibrariesMaterialsmyfoldernamematerial

but could not find the materials but when I tired (using Genesis for an example)

Clothing and materials to:  C:UsersPublicDocumentsMy DAZ 3D LibraryPeopleGenesisClothingmyfoldernameclothing and material

Textures to: C:UsersPublicDocumentsMy DAZ 3D LibraryRuntimeTexturesmyfoldernametexture

Which worked better but I'm still not sure this is correct.  Any thoughts?

Kimberly

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 9:40 AM

You can use any folder you like - the public documents folder is just the default. If you are planning to share content I would advise creating a folder only for your content, or even one folder per project if you work on multiple projects at once, and select that as a DAZ Studio Content Directory (most easily done by right-clicking on DAZ Studio Formats in the Content Library panbe). Place your textures in that folder, and when you save assets set that as the base path or when you save presets save them to there - that way you should get a folder that contains all and only the files for your item, ready to have a readme added and to be zipped up.

kimbersue ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 10:01 AM

Quote - You can use any folder you like - the public documents folder is just the default. If you are planning to share content I would advise creating a folder only for your content, or even one folder per project if you work on multiple projects at once, and select that as a DAZ Studio Content Directory (most easily done by right-clicking on DAZ Studio Formats in the Content Library panbe). Place your textures in that folder, and when you save assets set that as the base path or when you save presets save them to there - that way you should get a folder that contains all and only the files for your item, ready to have a readme added and to be zipped up.

Thanks, I always use my own folder name then each project inside that folder. Now to get the path I want to use and use that.

Thanks

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.