Thu, Sep 19, 12:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 12:07 pm)

Subject: V3 Male Morphs

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2013 at 7:41 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:49 PM

Through a bunch of mistakes I ended up purchasing the V3 male pack at Rundtimedna. Then, I needed the V3 male morphs at DAZ. I already had the v3/m3 head and body morphs. Anyway after wasted money, I still can't figure out what good they are. If I use them on V3, I can't flatten her breasts properly. if I use them on M3, what is the use. I sort of like M3 except for his arms. I thought this might help. Of course, I now mostly use Genisis, but I like to experiment and now want to see if these V3 male morphs can do anything. Please help!

Thanks

PoppaC ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2013 at 8:04 PM

out of thr shadow comes the chost of days gown by wow almost forgot i had V3 and M3.  as I remember you need to have most if not all the v3 morphs loaded into V3 before this will work but it has been 3 lifetimes ago

SickenlySweete ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2013 at 8:05 PM · edited Tue, 02 April 2013 at 8:10 PM

v3 male morphs and paks were made only for v3, there were created to change v3 into a male character...have you applied the morphs to v3? what happens?

do the morph dials load into the v3 character?

if those morphs don't load then you need this:

You could use Kuroyume’s free MorphExchange to get the pmd into stuff:
http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/poser/freebies/

www.bloodyrosesdesigns.com

http://www.aldaraproject.com/aldara/

http://www.dreamslayervisions.com

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2013 at 8:57 PM

I forgot to say I am using DAZ Studio 4.5. I will try to load all the male pack morphs and see if that makes a difference. Thanks

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2013 at 9:28 PM · edited Tue, 02 April 2013 at 9:29 PM

Ok -I was able to accomplish a better looking male than M3. The trick was injecting the morphs as SickenlySweete suggested and then, using Runtime Adrian which is how this whole mess started. But no clothes will fit on it. M3 clothes don't fit nor do v3 clothes, nor do I want V3 clothes to fit. I think this was an expensive excercise in futility. Does anyone have an idea? I have tried using morphs with the clothes, but that was a disaster. The shapes went all over the place. I even tried genesis clothing although I suspected it wouldn't work and I was correct

PoppaC ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 5:04 AM

Some Optitex will work just do not use the fit to. attach it to your model so it will move with it and use the colide with as normal  works for me but not sure how it will in DAZ4.5 as I use DEZ3 for all this type of work

jestmart ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 9:46 AM

Yes you have wasted a lot of money and if you insist on using the custom V3 male morphs you are going to have spend even more.  To get M3's clothing to fit V3's rigging you will a utility like Cross Dresser or Wardrobe Wizard.  And that is just to adjust the rigging, the morphs will then need to be transferred to the clothing and I don't know if those utilities do that.  But even if you decided to use M3 not all clothing is going to have all morphs, Studio has a Transfer Active Morphs that does a good job on most clothing.

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 11:23 AM

It started as a mistake and continued as one. I am not adding more money to this project. I'll try Optitex's free clothes. However, it has become a challenge to me. If these morphs were created, they should be ab;e to be dressed. If anyone knows of some free clothing converters, please let me know. I don't want to keep throwing money down a hole.

On another note, totally OT, it is bad enough I must have ticked 2 on my iPad and ended up with 2 coffee makers from Amazon instead of one. If you like drip coffee. The manual Melitta is unbelievable. This is the first cup of decent coffee I have had since leaving NYC 30 odd years ago.

SickenlySweete ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 9:31 PM

in daz studio 4.5 you can take that v3 and convert it to a weight maped character and then use the clothes utility to make other character clothes fit, just like genesis.

you will find that this is why genesis was made to begin with as any character that has morphs will not be able to fit into clothes unless those morphs are also in the clothes.

also you can not put other figures clothes on anouther figure with out converting it first ever...unless its genesis or a weightmaped version in ds.

www.bloodyrosesdesigns.com

http://www.aldaraproject.com/aldara/

http://www.dreamslayervisions.com

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 9:45 PM

I've never played with using weight mapping. I guess that is a project I should tackle. Thanks a lot for the idea.

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2013 at 9:39 AM

I tried to look up weight mapping and find a tutorial, but all I found was the one on using the weight map brush to bend a sash. How would this apply to cconverting the clothes? Also, when you mention a clothing utility, do you mean auto fit or something else. I have never tried this type of alteration but am interested in flearning this.

thanks

jestmart ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2013 at 11:38 AM

Converting to weight mapping is the easy part.  Load V3 and in the Scene tab be sure she is selected.  The is a little icon with a sidways triangle and several horizontal line in the right corner of all tab, when you click on them they bring a bunch of options, these options change depending on the type of tab.  So in the Scene tab click the icon then Edit, Rigging, Convert Figure to Weight Mapping.

Getting clothing to fit is the part I don't know.  I suspect it has something to do with the Transfer utility.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2013 at 2:27 PM

You can also use Edit>Figure>Rigging>Convert to Weight mapping To use clothing for another figure with your new weight-mapped V3 you need the clothing to fit the base state of V3, which could be tricky - you would need to use DForms to do at least some of the work, plus some scaling and posing. Once you had a fite you would hide V3, export as OBJ, reimport using the same preset (this freezes the changes you've made) and then launch the Transfer utility (Edit>Figure>Transfer Utility), set the Source item as V3, set the target as the imported OBJ and click Accept.

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2013 at 7:11 AM

how about gen x for genesis? with the v3 morphs for gensis and the v3 extension for gen x, you be able to load the morphs into genesis.

Grey_cat ( ) posted Sun, 12 May 2013 at 10:20 AM

file_494368.jpg

Just as a point of reference, here’s Genesis with the V3 morph, V3 male morphs, and V3 male texture wearing Hiro’s clothes. I used D/S 4.5, Gen-x, and texture converter 2.

dyret ( ) posted Mon, 13 May 2013 at 12:23 PM

thats a really good character I think. :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.