Thu, Sep 19, 9:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:20 pm)

Subject: 3D Product Rendering

kimbersue ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2013 at 5:53 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:45 PM

Hi  A local woman saw a 3D render I did and called to ask if I could do 3D Product Rendering.  What exactly is 3D product rendering?  Is it where you make a model of the product to render or render a photo of a product?  I don't want to turn down work but I'm really not sure what 3d product rendering is suppose to mean.

Thanks
Kimberly

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2013 at 6:06 PM

3D product rendering allows someone to digitally create their product or invention without actually having to manufacture it. In the good ol' days, when you wanted to market or patent a product, you needed to have a prototype of the product in order to sell it. Now you can do that with product rendering.

Hope this answers your question. 

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2013 at 6:09 PM · edited Fri, 05 April 2013 at 6:10 PM

She'll need to clarify.  Might mean "make of model of my product and render it in a suitable setting", or she may mean "3D-print (rapid protoyper) an actual physical model for me of the item which I saw in your render".

If it's the first, you'll need to know how to model & map, as well as render.

If it's the second, you'd need access to a 3D printer/rapid prototyper, and know how to rebuild the mesh into a topologically closed (airtight) form, and have license to do so if the item is purchased content.  Several places will do the mesh work and printing for you.  R'osity's eula requires that you contact them to seek special license for 3D printing of RMP items.

*"...The Buyer shall not copy, modify, reverse compile, or reverse engineer the Product, or sell, sublicense, rent, or transfer the Product to any third party.  *

This License does not grant permission to produce a real, tangible replica of the 3D mesh/model/product acquired.  An additional license for production rights may be purchased by contacting Renderosity and will be subject to negotiation and approval by the vendor.  Renderosity will contact the vendor on the Buyer’s behalf."  

.     edit:  cross-posted by Rokket!  ^^

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

kimbersue ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2013 at 5:04 AM

Quote -      She'll need to clarify.  Might mean "make of model of my product and render it in a suitable setting", or she may mean "3D-print (rapid protoyper) an actual physical model for me of the item which I saw in your render".

If it's the first, you'll need to know how to model & map, as well as render.

If it's the second, you'd need access to a 3D printer/rapid prototyper, and know how to rebuild the mesh into a topologically closed (airtight) form, and have license to do so if the item is purchased content.  Several places will do the mesh work and printing for you.  R'osity's eula requires that you contact them to seek special license for 3D printing of RMP items.

*"...The Buyer shall not copy, modify, reverse compile, or reverse engineer the Product, or sell, sublicense, rent, or transfer the Product to any third party.  *

This License does not grant permission to produce a real, tangible replica of the 3D mesh/model/product acquired.  An additional license for production rights may be purchased by contacting Renderosity and will be subject to negotiation and approval by the vendor.  Renderosity will contact the vendor on the Buyer’s behalf."  

.     edit:  cross-posted by Rokket!  ^^

I've not talked to the woman myself yet and was just doing some research including posting here so I wouldn't be totally stupid on the subject.

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

Zev0 ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2013 at 7:50 AM · edited Sat, 06 April 2013 at 7:55 AM

3d product rendering is renders of like perfume or stuff like that. If that is the case you will have to find 3d models of the specific product. So unless you can model, its gonna be tough because clients are strict with guidelines of how their product looks. EG you cannot take a generic bottle and just brand it. It must have the exact shape etc... Here is an example of a product render http://www.3dartistonline.com/users/802/thm1024/1347231447_CG%203D%20Product%20Design%203.png

My Renderosity Store

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.