Wed, Sep 18, 11:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 12:29 pm)

Subject: Product Compatibility with DAZ Studio

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2013 at 2:56 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 11:40 AM

There is a product sold here at Renderosity that I really want. The problem is that I cannot be sure if it will work in DAZ Studio. The product page does not provide enough information for my liking. I want to know that it will fully work in my choice program, DAZ Studio.

I have three versions of DAZ Studio available for use: 3 Advanced, 4.0 Pro, and 4.5 Pro. I am using a Windows 7 64 bit OS; however, the older versions of DAZ Studio are 32 bit and my 4.5 Pro version is the only one that is 64 bit. They are all able to access most of my content, with the exception of products that work only with 4.5. I just thought I'd provide this information so you can better know how to advise me.

I'm providing this link to the product so that you can look at it and see the specs, then advise me on whether I can use it or not.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dragonfly-alternating-robot/28766

BTW, I do not have Poser or Vue, both of which are mentioned in the information page for the product.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide,

Agent 0013.

AlanaDale ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2013 at 3:37 PM

After looking at the readme, it looks like the materials are designed for Poser 4 or 5. This is a plus, because DAZ Studio does not understand procedural shaders from modern versions of Poser. Actually, the older a poser model is, the more likely is will work in DS.

The geometry appears very simple.  P4 and P5 did not have any weight mapping so morphs should function OK. DS does weld adjacent vertices, so sometimes doors and lids from poser models have to be re-grouped before they function

IMO, there is a good chance that it will work in DS with only minimal problems.

jestmart ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2013 at 3:38 PM

There is nothing in the description that should be considered a red flag for Studio user.  These would be;Poser 8 rigging or newer Poser weight map rigging, Poser shaders, Poser dynamic hair or clothing.  A recent red flag is geometry switching, that no longer works in Studio 4.x.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2013 at 4:07 PM

Thanks friends. I am seeing from you what I was hoping for. I was wondering if there has been any other users of DS that have any experience with this product. Even so, as this product is a Hard Body model I figure it is most likely made using several part OBJs. (Like some of the Mechs I have purchased over in the DAZ Store.) This is a good thing for this type of model because in means that moving parts will not affect adjacent ones in adverse ways. At least in my experience, this is the case. The rigging is more about where the origin or pivot points are located within each particular part OBJ. 

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2013 at 7:55 PM

I never had any problems with any of the old VP products, still use them in DS3 myself.

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2013 at 10:21 PM

Quote - I never had any problems with any of the old VP products, still use them in DS3 myself.

-AniMajik

Thank you for your response. I am getting a lot of great news on this. I found good news because of you folks! Because of it, I have purchased the product and am looking forward to getting it installed.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.