Thu, Sep 19, 12:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 12:07 pm)

Subject: Clothing Data File?

kimbersue ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 8:48 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:41 PM

file_493408.png

Hello, I made genesis clothing which I offered for free but was told the data file is missing. I've looked in the data file folder and have no idea what I am looking for. Here is the zip file [ https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53910208/poser/Genesis%20Workout%20Clothing.zip](https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53910208/poser/Genesis%20Workout%20Clothing.zip)

Can someone please advice.

Thank you

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

kimbersue ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 9:34 AM

I resaved them and found the data file.  Thanks anyways

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

PoppaC ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 10:08 AM

The file link you posted under the Pic does not have the data files in it  It only had the clothing

kimbersue ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 11:08 AM

Quote - The file link you posted under the Pic does not have the data files in it  It only had the clothing

I resaved it and found the data file after I had posted. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53910208/poser/Workout%20Clothing%20Genesis.zip  I assume this works correctly unless someone tells me differnet.

I never found the orginal data file but I made a folder for mine and was able to save where I could find it.  Thanks

kimbersue ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 11:39 AM

I guess it is still not working. Over at ShareCG I am being told  "Hi, it keeps not working: there are wrong references in .duf files to .dsf files in /data folder (eg. /data/3DK4/Workout Top/Workout Top/capri-top.dsf: /3DK4 folder doesn't exist)"

I am clueless, any advice?

Thanks

TheHalfdragon ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 12:45 PM

i dunno if you now wilmap over in sharecg but he/she may have a better understanding of genesis clothing since there have been put out alot of genesis clothing lately

kimbersue ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 12:52 PM · edited Mon, 08 April 2013 at 12:56 PM

Quote - i dunno if you now wilmap over in sharecg but he/she may have a better understanding of genesis clothing since there have been put out alot of genesis clothing lately

Wilmap has been a huge help in the past and helped me over at the daz3d forum. I think it is correct now. I made a stupid mistake when I copied the data folder to be zipped.

It is back up over http://www.sharecg.com/v/68525/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Workout-Clothing if anyone wants it.

TheHalfdragon ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 2:26 PM

just dl'ed it and tried it in DS4 and DS4.5 the black set loads in DS4.5 the pink doesn't but the black definately does and lol of course basic female is bigger built than basic women haha.  but other than that it does load up in blac set in 4.5 but not 4.0.  part of your issue with this may be with the fact that in the data folder you have the top and pant in redundant folders.  in other words you may only want one folder saying workout top and one saying workout pants instead of there being a folder of same name in the folder named such.

not sure if that will make a difference but it may i haven't created much for ds4 or 4.5 yet

halfdragon

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 3:04 PM

I would advise crating a new, empty folder for your projects - even one per project if you work on more than one at a time. Add that folder to the DAZ Studio Content Directories list. Place your textures in that folder, in RuntimeTextures, before applying them to your model. Save the figure asset to that folder, and make sure that the Base path in the options dialogue is also set to that folder. Save your presets there. Add a readme, and zip the folder up - it should contain all and only the files needed for your set.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.