Fri, Sep 20, 4:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: What is the best .pz3 viewer?

Michaelab ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2013 at 10:26 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:37 AM

After looking thru endless .pz3 files trying to determine which is the one I want to order I realized there must be a .pz3 viewer that lets me see an image of the file.

Isn't there? If so, which one do you recommend?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2013 at 11:18 PM

Hi

I don't know if there is any such thing.

I'd like to have one too, but I don't think it is possible, since it's not really an image file.

You essentially have to open the 3D object to view it.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2013 at 11:46 PM

Quote - After looking thru endless .pz3 files trying to determine which is the one I want to order I realized there must be a .pz3 viewer that lets me see an image of the file.

Isn't there? If so, which one do you recommend?

Where are these files located that you are looking through? I've never run across a site that posts PZ3's for download that would call for this sort of utility.

Michaelab ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 12:01 AM

the files are on my hard drive.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 12:24 AM

A preview render .jpg of the .pz3 before you close out the scene...

Paul Francis ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 12:26 AM

Sigh....Bryce used to always save a BMP of the current scene when saving said scene.  Really wish Poser would do it too!

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

Michaelab ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 12:50 AM

Would this do it?

http://www.senosoft.com/softp3dopro.php#showhide

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 1:06 AM

It says that P3do exporer pro's viewer can view .pz3, so it look's like the answer is yes...

see this page... http://www.senosoft.com/p3doproFileFormat.php?soft=pro

Also you might want to look at this script on PhilC's python forum... Apparently a script to render out a .png for a .pz3. I myself never got it to work but I think that was just a formatting error on my part. Might be useful if dashing off a preview render is too tedious.

Lully ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 4:52 AM · edited Sat, 20 April 2013 at 5:04 AM
Online Now!

I have the same problem with hex and i end upsaving a small screendump  image of anything i want to keep.

P9 and PP12 has a scene library built into the programme which produces thumbs (just like any other library, so long as you save the scene within the programme to the scene library it will generate a thumb) 

If you are inclined to upgrade from time to time then this will eventually solve the problem.

EDIT - Ive just noticed your other post regarding installing p9 error so assume you have just got it , you should be able to from now save as above and see a thumb, the old scenes you can (if you want ) reload but then resave to the scene library so you dont go through all that again at a later date, then delete the old scene file.

Tools:- Win10, Dell XPS8900, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer 11, Hex 2, PSP8. PSP 2019 Ultimate, DAZ Studio, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Filterforge 11, flowscape,  Classic UVMapper, and several headache tablets. 

Michaelab ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 10:31 AM

Yes, I do have Poser 9, Lully. So you're saying I need to save my files within what folder exactly? And then how would I see the thumbnails?

Lully ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 10:43 AM · edited Sat, 20 April 2013 at 10:47 AM
Online Now!

file_493761.jpg

Yes, ive attached a preview with a few notes, sorry for the colour, it showed up better

this was one of the first things i noticed when i updated,

you can save and delete from here but be warned, in my experience dont delete from here as i can never find it in recycle bin if you did it by mistake, think it chucks it out and bypasses the bin.

if you move your scenes to the scene folder in your runtime they wont show thumbs, not sure if the rsr converter tool will help with the thumbs as there aint any rsr files :/

Tools:- Win10, Dell XPS8900, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer 11, Hex 2, PSP8. PSP 2019 Ultimate, DAZ Studio, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Filterforge 11, flowscape,  Classic UVMapper, and several headache tablets. 

Lully ( ) posted Sat, 20 April 2013 at 10:50 AM · edited Sat, 20 April 2013 at 10:51 AM
Online Now!

file_493762.jpg

What you can do is after transferring the files to your scene folder in the runtime, load them and resave by clicking the + button, this will add the thumb, i know that will be a pain but you only need to do that once, as previsouly said if you dont and you want to find the scene again in the future you will  have to go through the whole process again, once done its done.

Any new scene saved from now within the programme will have a thumb

attached is where you save your old files within the runtime

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.