Wed, Sep 18, 11:01 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:28 pm)

Subject: new to galleries

buffalosoldier ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2013 at 8:10 PM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 7:00 AM

this is more for getting information than anything else. as a new person to renderosity and gallerys, in still have questions about how to handle some things, as for one how can you have a min of 100, and a max of 4000@512 kb and still have big dimentions with out going over the 4000 max. i have just a couple of images out on my gallery, and those are stripped down to a few thinks, like a figure and the background, but when you look at other people in the gallery you can find images that has to be over 4000@512 kb. question how is that done.

this is open to all

3doutlaw ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2013 at 8:15 PM

Work in a lossless format as much as possible before posting, then save as a JPG with like 85 quality, and you should get a nice large image, small size and good quality.

(if you save that way often, your image will deteriorate)

Just a guess.

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2013 at 8:54 PM

I render large, sometimes over 5000 pixels and up, and save as a png.  Do my postwork and save as I go- as a png.  When I finally save the piece to post, I save as a jpg- lower the quality to hit below the 512 kb and make sure the size is at the max that's listed in the galleries to post.

When you save and work the render as a png file rather than a jpg, you don't lose data in the picture as you go.  I've tried to upload larger sized pieces than the max setting, but it won't let me do it.  Not sure if anyone else has.  

PoppaC ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2013 at 9:25 PM

I use Photo shop to reduce the numbers of my renders

buffalosoldier ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2013 at 12:57 PM

darwinsmishap

that is what has happen to me, anything larger tham the max will not upload, and as i see it, it does not matter if it is in jpg or png, one is just bigger than the other,

3doutlaw

can you tell me what is a lossless format remember this is for people that dont know that much about this. and are trying to find out

so can you go into what a lossless format please 

im trying to upload my images to the gallery and learn as much as i can,and i do not have photo shop

tparo ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2013 at 6:38 AM

GIMP is a free alternative to photoshop.

PNG and Tiff are both lossless formats.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 25 April 2013 at 6:46 AM

I use PNG while working and JPEG for posting, similar to DarwinsMishap

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.