Thu, Sep 19, 11:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:56 pm)

Subject: runing two compuiters?

kimbersue ( ) posted Mon, 22 April 2013 at 1:24 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:38 PM

Hi, I am trying to set up a second computer to use only for rendering with Daz, Reality and Lux.  Anyone know if i can install a second copy of DAZ and Reality software without it causing issues on my main computer?  I know some time when you install a second copy with the same activation code there can be problems.

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

the_architect ( ) posted Mon, 22 April 2013 at 2:42 PM

Not sure of any issue with installing a second copy of Daz/Reality .... that's something Paolo could answer best, obviously.  However ... there really isn't a need to do so necessarily.

You could always set the scene up on one machine, and in the Reality output tab, tick the "Collect Textures" box ... choose Highest Quality. Then, start the render and let Lux create it's necessary files .. resources, .lxs and .flm ... then stop it and start it up again on the second machine.

That's actually what I do, in sorts. All my scenes are created and started on a primary machine with Lux set to save it's files on a network drive. Then, I start the render process from a second "primary" machine that heads up another 4 slaves for network rendering.

kimbersue ( ) posted Mon, 22 April 2013 at 7:31 PM

Quote -  

You could always set the scene up on one machine, and in the Reality output tab, tick the "Collect Textures" box ... choose Highest Quality. Then, start the render and let Lux create it's necessary files .. resources, .lxs and .flm ... then stop it and start it up again on the second machine.

That is what I had planned to do. I have a second computer that is older but I stripped out all the software but windows and maxed out the ram. It never crossed my mind that I only lux on that computer.  Thank you, problem solved.

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

klown ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2013 at 2:36 PM

You can open LuxRender on one system and tell it to connect to another system running luxrender and have both systems rendering provided they both have enough RAM to render the image as if they were rendering it alone.

if you own the system you can install Lux or Studio or Reality on it and you can install multiple versions on the same machines, the license allows this.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.