Thu, Sep 19, 11:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: OT- Photoshop to go cloud only

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 12:48 PM

Clearly this thread has again moved to the 'PLease Lock This' mode so I will bow out.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 1:05 PM · edited Thu, 09 May 2013 at 1:06 PM

What Adobe chooses to do, I could care less, just not much less.  As has been said very often, a company has the right to manage.  Even when they manage to alienate most of their customer base and they "Manage" themselves out of existence.  Usually when this happens, it's not a  bad thing.

I have Gimp, I have Photo Plus, Gimp serves most of my needs.  I have PSE also, and after I had to reinstall windows to get rid of whatever that threw in the computer, you won't see me putting anything like that in again.  Once burned, twice learned.

Doric.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 1:06 PM

While they do not have a monopoly at all, they have become a huge household name.... we even use 'I'm going to photoshop that bit out and so on' regardless if you do it with photoshop or not. There are alternatives, but as soon as you start working with printing companies and so on, how far will these alternatives get you? Not too far they expect you to have photoshop and even create their own printing profiles for it.

The thing is large companies tend to misuse their position. MS is starting to do it, now Adobe, who's next? They don't sell you software anymore, they lease it to you, since that's what it really is. But..... do we get the option to keep the leased software after the lease runs out or do we as with leased cars have to pay another fee to be able to keep on using the software after a year or is the lease over and we have to move on to the next version whether we like it or not, to prevent we end up with nothing at all.

As said before, bye Adobe, just as much as I've said bye, bye, MS Office.... I can live without and get one of the excellent alternatives, that work just as good and for sure are a lot faster and less memory hungry.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 1:11 PM

Certainly, with Microsoft's volume subscription licensing, after the end of the 3 year subscription, there is a buyout option...

...which converts the licenses to perpetual. It isn't cheap. But it is cheaper than buying new perpetual licenses... even with software assurance added on.

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 2:05 PM

We're done.

Locking thread.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.