Sat, Oct 5, 7:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Poser Sketch Render for newbie

putrdude ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 1:37 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:05 PM

Hi,

Anyone have experience using the sketch renderer.  I tried the presets, but a simple model sketch comes out as barely discernable.  I can see that they are the same figures but most of the detail is lost.  I realize it's a sketch, but is there a any setting that can create a sketch that looks less like a painting and more like a detailed colored drawing?  Maybe more like comic book art?

Thanks!

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 6:10 PM

There were a few freebie sketch settings , I never got anything to work well. It seemed very specific to a scene..

Comics you can do with some toon shaders.

ashley9803 ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 1:54 AM · edited Fri, 10 May 2013 at 2:00 AM

There are so many variables in the sketch render controls I find it essentially incomprehensible to achieve the effect I want.

Another approach could be to do a standard render and use a filter/s in a 2D app to get a painting or drawing or cartoon look.

PhotoFXlab apparently can do this to a photo (or render) using one of their filters. About $80 but I think you also need to buy the filters on top of that.

photofxlab

putrdude ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 2:45 PM

Thank you. Top one looks very nice.  I'll play around with photoshop and see if I can do it that way.  Just seemed like the sketch render "should" do it, alas.

Thanks

vlgraphics ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2013 at 12:10 AM

Have you checked out Fotosketcher? It can do a decent job and best of all, it's free.

putrdude ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2013 at 1:31 AM

Wow!  Thanks, worth a try.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.