Thu, Sep 19, 12:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:12 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

No goats?dang, there's a goat farm just down the street. But free is always good. Will support her as soon as I learn to make content. Will use her as soon as I can get my grubby hands on her. Ok that didn't sound right, but neither does pointer.well, in any case she will get used.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:13 PM

A name for a new 3D dude? Hmmmm...."Mortimer"? LOL.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:28 PM

I like Orlando. Has that whole Legolas feel going on LMAO.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

AetherDream ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:29 PM

Quote - "We would love to have everyone chip in and help create content for her, please. If you're a merchant, please take this as an open invitation to develop for her. No matter where you choose to sell your products, we'd love to see you create stuff for her.

The minute I have her, I will begin work on character textures. I am so excited I can barely sit still.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:31 PM

Count me in for clothing sets. Specially fantasy stuff. Yup yup.

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:41 PM

Quote - Steve, can you address whether Dawn will work for Poser users with earlier versions than Poser 9/Pro2012 ?

Yes, I figured I had missed some stuff, sorry.

Dawn will work in Poser version 9 and above, and in DAZ Studio version 4.5 and above.

thx

CaptainMARC ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:47 PM

Oh dear, so she won't work in InterPoser Pro. What a shame.

And she was going to star in my next music video.

Oh well, I s'pose I'd better give V4 a call and see if she's free...

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:52 PM

Hi, I'm a DAZ Studio user, and been using Genesis pretty much exclusively since it was released and have gotten comfortable with its morph-mixing abilities.

How will Dawn handle morphs... would it be better to think of morphs more along the lines of V4 rather than Genesis, vice-versa, or would it be something else that hasn't been done yet?

Thanks,

Jabba101

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

Kenmac ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:53 PM

Quote - I like Orlando. Has that whole Legolas feel going on LMAO.

Actually I was half kidding with the "Tony" name suggestion but I agree with Lady Raines suggestion that Orlando would actually be a pretty good name for Dawns male counterpart. It's an easy name to remember and it's somewhat distinctive.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:55 PM

Quote - > Quote - I like Orlando. Has that whole Legolas feel going on LMAO.

Actually I was half kidding with the "Tony" name suggestion but I agree with Lady Raines suggestion that Orlando would actually be a pretty good name for Dawns male counterpart. It's an easy name to remember and it's somewhat distinctive.

Tony in Poserdom is already reserved to Antonia, a lot of people call her that ;)

- - - - - - 

LadyRaine ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:55 PM

Quote - I remember unfortunately. I was hoping the brain bleach worked ;).

" Tie a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree...and then knock three times on the ceiling if ya want me....."

LMAO

Laurie

< curse you laurie now Im gonna have those darn songs stuck in my head

and I think our ages are showing LOL

JVRenderer ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:58 PM · edited Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:58 PM

Quote - Okay, now if there was a possible male, what would the name be?

Dawn was easy enough, as in start of a new Dawn.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

For the male counterpart, what about "Shaun" as in that Zombie movie....

teehee

:o)

JV

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

LadyRaine ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:59 PM

Quote - I like Orlando. Has that whole Legolas feel going on LMAO.

ROFLMAO can we get a legalos morph for him drool

actually i saw orlando and bloom along with legolas popped in my mind

and you can't get much better then orlando and dawn they just work together

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 7:02 PM

what will the matching male be called when he comes out?  Maybe Dave? Or Damien?

Okay i thought it was a con at first, like too good to be true.  Now I'm as excited as everyone else here.

Really will be a dawn of a new poser era.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 7:04 PM

Hahaha...

I now have "Tony Orlando and Dawn" in my head singing "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree"

Fringewood ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 7:05 PM

If you want to stick with beginning as a theme, Bud seems the obvious name to me.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 7:09 PM

Maybe Dusk?

- - - - - - 

mantab ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 7:11 PM

(censoring my post the best i can)

I like realistic renders. Barbies are not realistic. Will this new figure have realistic parts? Or will it be like every other "realistic" character out there. With that i mean no parts.

If it has, do they actually work and look better than daz current lady parts?

jbtrimar ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 7:15 PM

Will Dawn's texture maps be better than V4's?  So many seams to take care of.  The all in one mesh of Aiko3 worked very well.

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 7:22 PM

A nice German name? "Irmingild" =P

Gotta wash that yellow ribbon out of my brain....

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 7:23 PM

I'll do clothes, shoes, hair, jewelry, textures...anything I can ;).

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 7:25 PM

Quote - > Quote - I remember unfortunately. I was hoping the brain bleach worked ;).

" Tie a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree...and then knock three times on the ceiling if ya want me....."

LMAO

Laurie

< curse you laurie now Im gonna have those darn songs stuck in my head

and I think our ages are showing LOL

Whoops sorry...lol. I know my age is certainly showing ;).

Laurie

Faerydae ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 7:34 PM

She looks great!!!! Nice to see all the familiar names :D

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 7:38 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

For a male ounter part, names meaning night;

Balin, Cavelier, Cricket, Dusk, Faris, Isra, Kishi, Kitkun, Nox, Otieno,Rider, Ryder, Squire

Names meaning Morning or Day

Abeeku, Addae, Awendale, Dayshaun, Duha, IIAn, Kodjo, Kofi, Kojo, Kwabena, Kwame, Kwasi, Nodin, Noel, Noelle, Povitamum, Taariq, Wabanang, Xiao Chen

this is according to babynames.com

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Eric Walters ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 7:55 PM

Very nice! I am quite interested!

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:01 PM

Interested but only do facebook for beta testing so guessing unless they post pics here I'll have to wait until it's released.

Morana ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:03 PM

Very interested in seeing how Dawn turns out!

I hope she can be a sophisticated woman of her mid-30's (or older) as easily as a young thing like the new picture.

lady-morana.deviantart.com

coldrake ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:08 PM · edited Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:09 PM

To be honest, when I first saw this I thought, good grief, here we go again, yet another also ran.......

Until I found out who was involved. :biggrin: Great to see you Steve, I was wondering what happened to you! With Chris involved, I'm absolutely positively 100% on board! Very exciting! Congratulations to the new company and everyone involved! Dawn of a new day indeed!

Coldrake

Latexluv ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:19 PM

If you've got a base map and templates, I've got lips, eyes, eyebrows, and body bits galore. I can edit the heck out of a texture map. I'd love to give this girl a go in my paint program!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

sarsa ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:21 PM

Since the names are coming out, lol  I have been working on Dawn since Chris passed her to my hands months and months ago...and I will continue to support her.  :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:23 PM

Awesome! Always loved your textures sarsa...clothes and figures. Great to hear ;).

Laurie

rty ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:23 PM

Great news! Sounds like the band is reforming...

Looking forward to getting her, and I wish her to have (hope she has) at least as much success as Vicky had.

sarsa ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:24 PM

Thanks Laurie!!

Faerydae ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:25 PM

Dawn is sounding better and better!

LadyRaine ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:30 PM

I agree its like xmas, a kid in a candy store and all other good things rolled up in one

... now how long do we need to wait for her lmao

rty ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:30 PM

Anybody knows how clothing will be handled? I mean between the DAZ Studio and the Poser version?

My biggest fear is we might see DS or Poser-only add-ons (if only because the creator isn't comfortable with rigging/materials on the other platform)?

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:32 PM

Probably jumping the gun here, already trying to name Dawn's male counterpart, but I like JV's idea.  "Shawn."  Go for a rhyme rather than a complementary meaning or the same initials like SM went with.

coldrake ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 9:10 PM

Great to hear Sarsa!

Coldrake

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 9:25 PM

Quote - To be honest, when I first saw this I thought, good grief, here we go again, yet another also ran.......Until I found out who was involved. :biggrin: Great to see you Steve, I was wondering what happened to you! With Chris involved, I'm absolutely positively 100% on board! Very exciting! Congratulations to the new company and everyone involved! Dawn of a new day indeed!

Hey there! It's good to be back!

We've got a great group already forming around Dawn, it's great to hear everyone is so willing to join in and help make this a reality.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 9:26 PM

Me me! Pick me! LMAO!

- - - - - - 

Zaarin ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 9:53 PM

Wow, all these old names popping up! It's like DAZ before G*nesis! :D Looking forward to the new figure--and getting away from the divisiveness at...other venues. ;)

AetherDream ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 10:33 PM

Quote - Since the names are coming out, lol  I have been working on Dawn since Chris passed her to my hands months and months ago...and I will continue to support her.  :)

Yay! I love your work so much!

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 10:36 PM

Male counterpart name.  How about Breaker.

Dawn and Breaker. hehe

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 10:39 PM

It's so exciting. What makes it more exciting than any indie modeler of people before is that there are sooo many big names working on this project.  I am on tenterhooks to see what happens next.

AetherDream ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 10:57 PM

Quote - It's so exciting. What makes it more exciting than any indie modeler of people before is that there are sooo many big names working on this project.  I am on tenterhooks to see what happens next.

Yes, this sure has caused quite a stir. I see change on the horizon for all of us, and I am pretty sure it will be change for the better.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 11:13 PM

Sooo looking forward to this.

Sassywench ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 11:17 PM

Steve! Chris! There you are! You abandoned us. LOL So happy to see you back! And Eric and Ken and Paul and and and Sarsa?! OMG!

This is way too exciting. :) I can hardly wait :) It feels like the good old times LOL

"Own the Day"

*Live*Laugh*Love*Dream*Believe*

DS user since the first alpha :)

Poser user through P5

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 11:17 PM

Name for Male counterpart:  "Coming Soon"

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

Sunfire ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 11:28 PM

I am so excited and looking forward to this, it actually gives me something to think about besides the weird way my left hand feels right now. bounces about in chair and giggles

Sunfire's Creations

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 11:38 PM

Quote - Steve! Chris! There you are! You abandoned us. LOL So happy to see you back! And Eric and Ken and Paul and and and Sarsa?! OMG!

This is way too exciting. :) I can hardly wait :) It feels like the good old times LOL

Ditto...really looking forward to seeing more of Dawn! : )

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.