Thu, Sep 19, 5:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

Lisas_Botanicals ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 11:40 PM

pulling back the curtain and joining in on the "coming out" party here ...

I'm thrilled to be a part of  the incredible HiveWire 3D team and the coming of a new Dawn ... I've heard that some of Dawn's favorite things are pretty flowers, country gardens and mysterious forests ... so I'll be doing my best to provide her with lots of choices for her nature adventures.

It's wonderful to see so many supportive comments here. The HiveWire 3D vision and Chris' work on the figure inspired me. It's so cool to see it inspire others as well. :)

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 11:52 PM

I'm.....texturing one of LisaB's flowers.  >_>   I have plans for Dawn, but they're a little down the road while I learn a different 3D painting app than what I've previously used.  The timing of HiveWire3D unfortunately came at a time when I'm trying to make major, difficult-to-learn changes in my 3D workflow.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 11:57 PM

Looks like the Dawn of a new era.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Sassywench ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:01 AM

Lisa and Mab! Stop stop I can't take anymore goodness! LOLOL

"Own the Day"

*Live*Laugh*Love*Dream*Believe*

DS user since the first alpha :)

Poser user through P5

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:02 AM

This is very interesting. I am really looking forward to this.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:19 AM

Oh! The names of those involved give me a good feeling about this!

Realanise ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:39 AM

Hi, all... (waves)

(sits at feet of the great, who are here. I am but a humble learner...)

WOW! I look forward to this release so much, and I plan to start learning all about her from the very beginning. SO much to learn.

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 1:07 AM

Chris Creek?

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

nirvy ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 1:14 AM

Extremely happy to hear of this! She looks great!:)

Thumbs up guys and gals of the HiveWire 3D team!

meatSim ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 1:28 AM

I'm a little bit floored right now and trying to contain my excitement.

Can anyone speak to how content creation friendly she will be?

Realistic bends sounds great, truly great, I'm just wondering if that will translate into a challenging or complex figure to rig clothing for

swordman10 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 2:17 AM

I have goosebumps..!!!!!...

So I guess the 'non competition' clause has finaly expired eh,..????

Good to see the orginal team back in play...hopefully they will bring balance back to the force...I mean market...

Looking forward to this figure with GREAT anticipation.

S.K.

danidh ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 2:23 AM

Prayers do get answered!  Thank you!  I am so looking forward to this.  Dani

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 2:26 AM

Sooo, when will you guys have something for content makers interested in supporting her?

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

Kerya ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 2:45 AM

So many known and loved and some of the very much missed names!

I love it!

hops up and down and squeeeeeees

trumarcar ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 2:50 AM

Truly wonderful news - it's so good to see all you back!

coldrake ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 2:52 AM

Ken, Lisa and Mab! This gets better every minute!

BadKittehCo wrote;

Quote - Chris Creek?

The one and only! Pretty awesome huh?

Coldrake

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 3:06 AM

I have a sleep and things start happening!!! Lol.

Nice to see the names appearing, looking forward to seeing what news appears today!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 3:17 AM

Talk about generating interest, this thread was six pages long when I started reading and now it is on page eight.  I know I am slow at reading but not that slow.

Anyway, not surprisingly I am interested, excited even and I never was with the 'G' thingy.  I have the fittling room already warm and ready for Dawn to enter pick a new wardrobe of clothes.

Love all the names that I know speak quality that are involved in this.  Now this is really could turn out to be a 'game changer'.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Bea ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 3:48 AM

This sounds very exciting :)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 3:49 AM

Dawn of a new day..... Well, today is the Summer Solstice in the UK!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:19 AM

With what has come out over night, I know there will be some great characters appearing, and some wonderful plantssettings to go with Dawn.

Exciting times ahead and I can't wait to see who else appears!!!!!

Who is behind door 3!!!!! LOL.

Plus, everyone who has posted into this thread has been very positive about getting involved, and that's from BOTH sides, Poser and Studio.

Keep it up, bounce questions, ask for options etc. this is the time to do it, and it's so nice to have people who listen to future users. We may not get everything at the start, but those ideas help to form future projects.

Users know what they would like in clothes, settings, props etc. So start posting, give vendors and freebie artists ideas. I know we can't start until we get Dawn, but we can at least start getting sketches etc. together.

My main thing has already been confirmed, Pixie ears, so I'm happy and I would like others to be as happy as I am.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:31 AM

Quote - pulling back the curtain and joining in on the "coming out" party here ...

I'm thrilled to be a part of  the incredible HiveWire 3D team and the coming of a new Dawn ... I've heard that some of Dawn's favorite things are pretty flowers, country gardens and mysterious forests ... so I'll be doing my best to provide her with lots of choices for her nature adventures.

It's wonderful to see so many supportive comments here. The HiveWire 3D vision and Chris' work on the figure inspired me. It's so cool to see it inspire others as well. :)

Oh my!! Yes, I agree with everyone else....this IS just like old times. LOL. So great to have all of you together again :).

Laurie

HiveWireChris ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:35 AM

So folks and fellas. First off, love to all. I finally grabbed some time to see what is going on here. I haven't been known to do much posting. I would think this would be the first time here. Probably only a half dozen posts on the DAZ forums while at DAZ for those many years. Kinda strange for sure. However, I've been a posting fool (in a good sort of a fool way) on our private CA forums at HiveWire 3D. CA is for PA. We're just referring to folks a bit differently. Contributing Artists. We know that to publish quality content takes some serious efforts and so we want artists to know we recognize their contributions. Whatever store they choose to publish with.

Our new lil' group is grateful for Poser lovers and Studio lovers. Ford, Chevy, whatever works for you. We are smart enough to recognize it all started with Weinberg, Cooper and others with Poser.

As Steve Kondris has mentioned we are supporting both software packages the best we can. Thanks to the abilities and talents of Paul Lessard (who I like to call both "Lewis and Clark" for the trailblazer he is) and the insights and tutorials from Nerd3D and Dimension3D. Paul is our magic man, ace in the hole, and so on.

Eric Merritt is a true friend and we've worked together since 91 as 3D modelers. This is what we do, this is what we think we know. Much to learn for sure, but we think we have a pretty good handle on the new Dawn figure for you. We feel it has potential to do well. We like the recipe we have with Dawn. Good solid mesh, great rigging, killer maps from our lil' sista SarahBB/Sarsa. Not sure she ever sleeps. She is just so fantastically made for this work. Her maps are so creamy. Add to this recipe a community at the ready to help add their special one of a kind touches to her. We hope you'll like her enough to develop for her, and that will do just fine. If you love her that of course is even better and a blessing to us.

We are so grateful to know Lisa Buckalew for many years and she adds a lot to what we're trying hard to make available with our new site, and the focus she brings to education and the sharing and creative process not to mention what she is known for with her delicious botanical products.

I have to say a big KUDOS to Ken Gilliland. That man is a pioneer! A true deliberate talent. His dedication and attention to his birds of the world is astounding. We love him and the others that have not yet shared their names here in this thread. They to are amazing talented and focused people.

Some one asked what is her origin, scanned data, or whatever else? No it started as a sphere in Modo for the head (actually a cube would have been a better starting point, but oh well), and a cube for the torso. I used photo reference images collected from the web, and my many years working up meshes and having done a tone of medical illustration and background with anatomy and figures. Then we were off to the races.

We've been married to our new venture for many months now. As you know when you start something like this it just takes time and attention to do things right. We are almost there. With all this preparation we have almost reached the starting line now. No time to let up. Dawn is very very close. I would not dare to say "soon" that doesn't seem to go over to well. It turns into "ssssooooooonnnn". 

I've only read the first 4 pages here and thought I'd better post because I have to get some sleep. Full day tomorrow. I will go back and catch up on what I've missed here and probably have to reread this post and see if it made sense since I'm sorta sleep walking through this, and in slow motion at that.

More to come. Much more!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:42 AM

This is what I like to see, information!!!!!!

Look at how much has come out in about 24 hours, this is what users need.

There is nothing worse than a new figure coming out and the people involved give no info, you can't ask them questions etc.

If the info can be given, then give it out, it makes sense. Speculation is no good, we like info.

Bring on more info, pics etc. Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:57 AM

waves Hi Chris! Go to bed now. LOL

Thanks for posting.

Laurie

AetherDream ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 5:14 AM

Quote - pulling back the curtain and joining in on the "coming out" party here ...

I love!!!!!! your plants and trees. My scenes would be nothing without them.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

AetherDream ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 5:16 AM

Quote - I'm.....texturing one of LisaB's flowers.  >_>   I have plans for Dawn, but they're a little down the road while I learn a different 3D painting app than what I've previously used.  The timing of HiveWire3D unfortunately came at a time when I'm trying to make major, difficult-to-learn changes in my 3D workflow.

I can hardly wait to see what you come up with!

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 5:21 AM

Holy guacamole.  Sarsa and Lisa and Mab, too?  Woo-hooo!

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 5:26 AM

Quote - Holy guacamole.  Sarsa and Lisa and Mab, too?  Woo-hooo!

I know! Exciting, isn't it? All my faves in one sentence. LOL.

Laurie

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 6:03 AM

Laurie can you do morphs? If so, and I can get a Merchant Resource for this gal, I'll do up the character texture map. I feel really good about Dawn!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 6:09 AM

I can do morphs yeah....done quite a few in my day. LOL

Laurie

Pommerlis ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 6:10 AM

O nice, a new character to pose around with!
I'm awaiting the new Dawn impatiently :biggrin:

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 6:13 AM

Would be nice if someone did a basesuitdress in low and med res for those of use that want to jump in making things.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 6:14 AM

Love seeing people getting together on projects.

The more the better.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 6:15 AM · edited Fri, 21 June 2013 at 6:17 AM

Well Laurie, my room mate taught me how to make pots and vases in Hex three years ago and I've totally forgotten how to do it! :) I made one face morph for Posette a loooooong time ago with Amorphium. So let's just say, this girl can't model. But I have texture resources. I'm a queen of the clone brush. And I know just enough about UVMapper to be dangerous. smirk

(P.S. I once worked with Xurge on his body jewels project and had textures for them in the early version of the Rendo Market Place.)

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 6:16 AM

Come on Studio users, we need your input as well. Don't be shy!!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 6:18 AM

Like what I'm hearing, people who are good at certain things, getting together with others that can do other stuff.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 6:27 AM

file_495417.jpg

Just for giggles. Here was one of the promo pics for Xurge's body jewels. Hah, wonder if I could refit them to Dawn when I get her?

Weapons of choice:

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 6:27 AM

Hi all, put this into Google:-

hivewire3d dawn

and you will get an idea of what the new site store will be about. There are no actual pages, but you get an idea from the descriptions.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 7:12 AM · edited Fri, 21 June 2013 at 7:13 AM

Chris, Steve, Ken, Sarsa, LisaB, and all others ... I can't tell you how excited and happy I am about all this. Not only because Dawn looks really really nice, but because there is ALREADY this sense of bringing community back to the community.  Such a wonderful breath of fresh air!

THANK YOU!

PS - I have got my Paypal account on reserve to buy a whole lotta stuff on release day. 8-)

isikol ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 7:15 AM

Quote - > Quote - To be honest, when I first saw this I thought, good grief, here we go again, yet another also ran.......Until I found out who was involved. :biggrin: Great to see you Steve, I was wondering what happened to you! With Chris involved, I'm absolutely positively 100% on board! Very exciting! Congratulations to the new company and everyone involved! Dawn of a new day indeed!

Hey there! It's good to be back!

We've got a great group already forming around Dawn, it's great to hear everyone is so willing to join in and help make this a reality.

Steve from your surname...do you have any relation to Greece? 

isikol ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 7:18 AM

I second the project and im also very excited about this...you will have all the support i can provide!

FabricationBot-6 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 7:33 AM

Quote - Looks excellent!  

How about Adam?

.............. Or Dag?

Erm, isn "Dag" Australian slang for the bits of dries faecal matter stuck to the back of a sheep's fleece......?

Just a thought..

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 8:18 AM

No, no... there are DAZ Studio users here too, but our questions maybe gettin' lost among all the hootin' and a hollerin'  LOL

Quote - Hi, I'm a DAZ Studio user, and been using Genesis pretty much exclusively since it was released and have gotten comfortable with its morph-mixing abilities.

How will Dawn handle morphs... would it be better to think of morphs more along the lines of V4 rather than Genesis, vice-versa, or would it be something else that hasn't been done yet?

Thanks,

Jabba101

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

OrphanedSoul ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 8:45 AM

Sounds great so far!

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 8:50 AM

I wonder if she's being rigged in Studio and exported to Poser, if they are rigging two versions from scratch, or if they have figured out an export/import of a Poser WM rig into Studio?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Faerydae ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 8:54 AM

Just sitting here giggling like a crazy person. All the involved artists popping up have me extremely excited. Can't wait to see who else will emerge. We should all spread the word and make sure as many people as possible find out.

Risika75 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 8:58 AM

Ditto Faerydae!

I haven't been this excited about a new figure in ages. Looking forward to seeing more :)

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 9:07 AM

Quote - Steve from your surname...do you have any relation to Greece? 

Yes, good catch. :) It's altered, from when my grandfather emigrated, it was originally Koundouriotis (we think, he spelled it different ways, hah).

Wish I could speak Greek, but haven't had the opportunity to learn it yet. 

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 9:12 AM

Quote - No, no... there are DAZ Studio users here too, but our questions maybe gettin' lost among all the hootin' and a hollerin'  LOL

Quote - Hi, I'm a DAZ Studio user, and been using Genesis pretty much exclusively since it was released and have gotten comfortable with its morph-mixing abilities.

How will Dawn handle morphs... would it be better to think of morphs more along the lines of V4 rather than Genesis, vice-versa, or would it be something else that hasn't been done yet?

Sorry! Don't mean to miss things, but it always seems to happen in big posts like this.

I want to give you a more detailed response, but we'll need to get that from Paul once he comes up for air. Either he'll post in here directly, or he'll pass some info to me that I'll post once I get it, ok?

Here's what Paul shared with yesterday on a related topic with me:

Quote - Dawn is converted from studio to poser with native weight map support for both programs. What developers need to know is if you create in studio just export as a cr2 and it works in poser. If you create in poser using the legacy or non-weight mapping method, it will work in studio automatically, so easy content creation either way. Folks may want to tweak mats since they render differently but they do work.

Hope that provides a bit of info, tho probably raises other questions, too. lol. Bring 'em on we'll get you response as quickly and thoroughly as we can.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.