Tue, Oct 22, 12:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 8:20 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

mattymanx ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 9:17 AM

Quote - I wonder if she's being rigged in Studio and exported to Poser, if they are rigging two versions from scratch, or if they have figured out an export/import of a Poser WM rig into Studio?

From its inception, DS was created to handle most poser file types so personally speaking, it would only make sense to have the new figure use what is most compatable between both software packages.  Making two different versions which would require twice the amount of work for the same piece of clothing does not make any sense.  A merchant will end up choosing which they prefer to work with leaving the other version unsupported.

mantab ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 9:21 AM

Quote - > Quote - .

Any info about genitals? Will she/he have any?

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 9:28 AM

Bobbie kicks up her feet. About time ;) Now let me have a look do some reading and see what can be done ;)

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

klown ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 9:29 AM

will this be a figure that can be used in older, legacy versions of Studio and Poser? Is it compatable with any existing wardrobes of other models?

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 9:31 AM

Quote - > Quote - I wonder if she's being rigged in Studio and exported to Poser, if they are rigging two versions from scratch, or if they have figured out an export/import of a Poser WM rig into Studio?

From its inception, DS was created to handle most poser file types so personally speaking, it would only make sense to have the new figure use what is most compatable between both software packages.  Making two different versions which would require twice the amount of work for the same piece of clothing does not make any sense.  A merchant will end up choosing which they prefer to work with leaving the other version unsupported.

But Studio can't load Poser WM figures; or can it now?  I haven't tried recently....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 9:32 AM · edited Fri, 21 June 2013 at 9:34 AM

Quote - will this be a figure that can be used in older, legacy versions of Studio and Poser? Is it compatable with any existing wardrobes of other models?

The initial info says that it's weightmapped, so that's Poser 9+ and Studio 4.0+

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

mattymanx ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 9:41 AM

Quote - > Quote - will this be a figure that can be used in older, legacy versions of Studio and Poser? Is it compatable with any existing wardrobes of other models?

The initial info says that it's weightmapped, so that's Poser 9+ and Studio 4.0+

Steve and I posted at the same time so I missed that when I made my reply.  For poser compatability, DS does not handle the poser wm nativly anymore then poser handles DS wm nativly.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 9:48 AM

So then, a sphere-rigged Dev rig would be needed for compatability for those making content in Poser, and then the item could be brought in and the WM rig added in Studio...

mattymanx ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 9:55 AM

Quote - So then, a sphere-rigged Dev rig would be needed for compatability for those making content in Poser, and then the item could be brought in and the WM rig added in Studio...

It would seem best, imho, to rig at the lowest common denominator and then take it into your software package of choice and WM it.  But that still seems like a lot of extra work just to support two versions of one figure.

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 10:00 AM

Quote - Will this be a figure that can be used in older, legacy versions of Studio and Poser? Is it compatable with any existing wardrobes of other models?

Klown, I'm also curious about the 2nd part, but Steve has said:

Quote -
Dawn will work in Poser version 9 and above, and in DAZ Studio version 4.5 and above.

And apologies, thought I clicked send yesterday to say "Thanks for the info, Steve".

Wow - good to hear from you Chris, and the names of others popping up since I last posted, like Lisa Buckalew, Sarsa, and MAB added to people who are (or will be at some point) working on this is so good to hear.

And I can't tell you HOW much it means to have those involved actually POSTING and talking to us, like it used to be :)

Not to mention the positive vibes between users of both Poser and DS (of which I'm both, though I started with Poser and now use DS more).

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 10:16 AM

Hi all, nice to see more info, now can we have a few more pics..... pleeeeeeaaaaasssssseeeee!!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 10:19 AM

Studio users, get your voice heard!!!! We need your input as well.

Plus due to deletions of posts etc. over at DAZ,  it may be better to PM Studio users you know about Dawn and this thread.

It's important that ALL sides gets a voice.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Kattey ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 10:30 AM

I'm strangely exited to see all those artists that I came to appreciate through years working on Dawn. While I'm still sceptical (but I am always sceptical), I really wish to see Dawn alive and well.

And big hellos to Steve Kondris btw ^^"

My main questions (as of DS user) are: - will I be able to develop my own clothes for Dawn in DS 3-4.5+ and if yes, what tools will I need in order to do so? Will those clothes work in Poser out of box? If those clothes won't work in Poser out of box, will there be some sort of utility to make them work in Poser without going through a full conversion?

• Will Dawn's Poser clothes/and other things (not countying dynamic clothes and hairs, of course) work in DS out of box and if no, will there be utility to ease the transition process?

• Male counterpart (I like 'Lewis' name, but I'm strage this way). I know it isn't priority to many people, but it is priority to me. What are plans for him?

• Can unisex kind of morphs (stocky, etc) be interchanged between Dawn and 'Lewis' in case if latter is made?

• Is there a limit on how many morphs Dawn can have (like it was with Injection/channels system) or she is more like Genesis with dynamic list and no limit?

• In DS, will Dawn have autofit options?

I know that not all answers are possible at this stage, but I'll appreciate any.

Sincerely,
Kattey

AetherDream ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 10:34 AM

Quote - Chris, Steve, Ken, Sarsa, LisaB, and all others ... I can't tell you how excited and happy I am about all this. Not only because Dawn looks really really nice, but because there is ALREADY this sense of bringing community back to the community.  Such a wonderful breath of fresh air!

THANK YOU!

PS - I have got my Paypal account on reserve to buy a whole lotta stuff on release day. 8-)

Ditto. I am saving all my Poser budget for this. I hope they have a store up and running soon.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 10:35 AM

Hi Kattey, nice questions.

No doubt over time, they will get answered, but please keep the questions coming.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 10:55 AM

I haven't seen anyone ask about children - are there any kids in the planning ? :)

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Kattey ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 10:56 AM

hey, Paganapple, long time to see

As asked, there are some other question about Dawn that came to mind:

• will she be able to morph/bend into a child/old person, of at least female variety?

• will I be able to control her proportions in DS comfortably (sort of like Stephanie Petite 4 did or better)?

• will she be able to control/bend her toes and fingers separately? Via pose control dials?

• With initial release, is there a plan for fat/chubby morphs or only slim/muscular will be available? Pear and Fantasia are some of my favorite V4/Genesis morphs ever, btw.

As for poses support I'm all hands with somebody who suggested more mundane and non-sexusalized poses, instead or along with pinups, like 'read a book', 'give a cookie', 'smell a flower', etc.

Jessaii ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 10:57 AM

Sounds exciting cant wait to work with her :) Will definitly be on board for some character creation ;)

Sassywench ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:15 AM

Quote - Sounds exciting cant wait to work with her :) Will definitly be on board for some character creation ;)

And the good news just keeps coming! :)

"Own the Day"

*Live*Laugh*Love*Dream*Believe*

DS user since the first alpha :)

Poser user through P5

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:23 AM

Hi Kattey, yep I'm still out and about!!!! Lol.

Keep those questions coming!!!

As to children, I don't think anything has come out yet, but, yep I would like to see them appear as well.

Once the whole meshes are out, then I would so love to see family poses, teaching to read, painting at easels etc. I know the sexy pinup ones will appear, but some of us would so love to see "everyday" poses.

The fun thing I have found with this thread is that people are coming together, getting excited, getting questions answered etc.

THIS IS WHAT IT SHOULD ALL BE ABOUT!!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:27 AM

PaganAPPLE! LMAO!

Sorry, that just gave me chuckles xD

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:31 AM

I thought someone goofed. LOL

Laurie

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:31 AM

EEEEKKKKK I didn't spot that!!!! LOL.

But will paganpear and paganorange appear!!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:33 AM · edited Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:33 AM

Okay, while we are having a chuckle.....

HiveWire3d - is it a BUZZ word!!!!! LOL.

OH come on, I'm allowed one bad pun!!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:35 AM

Pagancherry would sound so cute.

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:38 AM

And so the teasing begins!!!!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:39 AM

Aww come on, you know we love you!

- - - - - - 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:42 AM

I know!!!! Lol.

Just wondering if the pic on the FB page is one by Sarsa???

All the best.

Great Uncle Gooseberry!!!! Lol.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:44 AM

By the way, remeber when I said I wanted something that was "WOW", that pic make me sit up and go WOW!!

So nice, natural, not overly sexulaised, just an amazing chartacter.

All the best.

Great Uncle Kiwi

Zaarin ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:48 AM

Quote - Bobbie kicks up her feet. About time ;) Now let me have a look do some reading and see what can be done ;)

Now that makes me excited! I've missed your awesome outfits since you've mostly been developing for Genesis. :)  

sarsa ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:50 AM

Quote - Just wondering if the pic on the FB page is one by Sarsa???

Yes...but they werent supposed to put that up cuz it was just a test render!  There will be more showing up today.  :)  Gee...you identified me from the pic??? lol

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:50 AM

Is Bobbie one of the HiveWire3D team????

Sorry, been out today and need to catch up on things.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:51 AM

And simple things like a jaw that cannot only open believably, but move side-to-side, as well as forwards and backwards to mimic natural

movement? Toes that spread, fingers and thumbs that grasp and fold like a real human hand?

Question:

Will this new figure be Mimic/Daz LipSync compatible? Will it come with a .dmc file?

Dawn's gotta be able to voice an opinion too! :)

Seriously, I do a lot of animating and this is an important feature to me.

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:52 AM

I recognise certain styles Sarsa!!! Lol.

Very nicely done.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:52 AM

Quote - All the best. Great Uncle Kiwi

- - - - - - 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:54 AM

Hi AniMajik, interesting....

Yet more questions that need to answered.

Good to see people with all types of interests coming in with questions, I admit I never thought about animation etc.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:54 AM

Quote - I know!!!! Lol.

Just wondering if the pic on the FB page is one by Sarsa???

All the best.

Great Uncle Gooseberry!!!! Lol.

I thought so too until they said "HE was nice enough to send it over" LOL

Laurie

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:55 AM

Too cute to be me!!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:55 AM · edited Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:00 PM

Quote - > Quote - Just wondering if the pic on the FB page is one by Sarsa???

Yes...but they werent supposed to put that up cuz it was just a test render!  There will be more showing up today.  :)  Gee...you identified me from the pic??? lol

OH, I KNEW it!! LOL

I was even gonna comment "Looks like Sarsa" until I read "he" LOL. Unless of course you are a he, then it would be correct, wuddn't it? LOL

Always thought ya were a she ;).

Laurie

DustRider ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 11:56 AM

I've got to say, like others have noted, at first I thought here we go again, another figure that will be good, but won't quite have the polish and support that the DAZ figures have. As I read on (here and in the Poser forum), and saw who was involved, I began to get a lot more interested, and quite happy to see that some of the people who seemed to have gone MIA are back and working with other great artist in the community!!!

WOW!!! Dawn will have support for both Poser and DS..... Woohoo.....but .... but.....but.....what about Carrara? (you knew it had to be comming). I use all 3 apps, so having a well supported "new technology" figure that works in Carrara, as well as Poser and DS would be fantastic!! Really, I use all three...honestly....they all live quite happily on my hard drive .... and don't fight with each other at all (the proof can be seen in my gallery here). I'm guessing that Dawn would work in Carrara 8.5 if she works in DS, but it would be nice to know for sure. I know this is a lot to ask of a new product, especially for a much smaller market like Carrara - but it would be really nice.

I've thought about this quite a bit (mainly because of limited time right now), and I'm actually so impressed with this effort that if needed, I would be more than willing to test Dawn in Carrara, and even create a set of Carrara specific shaders if a merchant resource for Dawn will be available (with semi retirement status nearing - I will have a bit more time available .... soooon).

Anyway, you can count me in as wanting both the Poser, and DS versions of Dawn, and the Carrara version as well ;-)

Good luck - looking forward to learning more!!!!!

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:00 PM

Quote - Hi AniMajik, interesting....

Yet more questions that need to answered.

Good to see people with all types of interests coming in with questions, I admit I never thought about animation etc.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Most don't and it's always an issue with me.  I almost never buy or use a fiqure that''s can't talk.

I suspect Dawn will be a great fiqure to animate, but if she's mute, then she's just another manikin to me.

I seriously hope this is part of the plan!

Best, AniMajik

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:02 PM

Hi Duestrider, perhaps you should send Steve an email about being a tester in Carrara.

His address is back on page 3 of this thread, just take out the spaces.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

sarsa ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:06 PM

There are two....one is by a HE.  That one you should totally know who made that too!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:06 PM

The good thing about this thread AniMajik is that people can voice their thoughts and it gets listened to.

I've always said that if they asked us what we wanted and listend I would be happy.

We might not get everything at the start, but everything has to start somewhere. The only way that the HiveWire3D team will know about things is if we ask.

So, folks, ask.... You never know. You are ALL at the start of something new and exciting, use your voice and be heard.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:07 PM

Thorne?

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:10 PM

Quote - There are two....one is by a HE.  That one you should totally know who made that too!

Thorne?

Laurie

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:13 PM

Snap Laurie!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:20 PM

Well, there IS a long history of thorne&sarsa... xD

- - - - - - 

sarsa ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:23 PM

I said HE....which cannot be Thorne either...since we are both female, lol  gosh you guys!!  I know I have a deeper voice...but geez!!  haha

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:25 PM

Quote - We might not get everything at the start, but everything has to start somewhere. The only way that the HiveWire3D team will know about things is if we ask. So, folks, ask.... You never know. You are ALL at the start of something new and exciting, use your voice and be heard.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

I'm askin'  I'm askin'  :)

I'm sure I'm not alone with this request as others may have this same wish as well.

"I want Dawn to talk!!!!!1"

-AniMajik

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.