Sun, Sep 22, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 8:29 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:26 PM

OOOOOOOOPPPPPSSSSIIIEEEEE!!!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:28 PM

We all make mistakes, Lol.

I was an apple a short while ago.... LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:28 PM

Thorne is a woman? O_O I never knew! :O sorry sorry!

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

sarsa ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:29 PM

Quote - Well, there IS a long history of thorne&sarsa... xD

Yes....Thorne and Sarsa have been friends for a long time.  Typically when you see Sarsa...you will see Thorne too...and vice versa.  She was my first friend when I came into the 3D scene many many moons ago.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:34 PM

It's so good to have that kind of friendship!

I was a late bloomer in Poser and even after that I took forever to even start being recognized, but I do have such friends in other areas ^__^

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 12:36 PM

I thought Thorne was a she, too but....I see ya together so much. LOL Couldn't imagine you were talking about anyone else :P

Lemme think now. LOL

Laurie

AetherDream ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 1:11 PM

Silver and Bobbie 25--I am so glad to see such support from premium vendors.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

kerwin ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 1:31 PM

Quote - Sooo, when will you guys have something for content makers interested in supporting her?

I'm real excited to see Connie interested.... I love her stuff!

-K

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 1:34 PM

Quote - There are two....one is by a HE.  That one you should totally know who made that too!

Those eyes on the cover photo look like they might be Blackhearted's...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

kerwin ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 1:41 PM · edited Fri, 21 June 2013 at 1:42 PM

Quote - > Quote - So then, a sphere-rigged Dev rig would be needed for compatability for those making content in Poser, and then the item could be brought in and the WM rig added in Studio...

It would seem best, imho, to rig at the lowest common denominator and then take it into your software package of choice and WM it.  But that still seems like a lot of extra work just to support two versions of one figure.

Since both DS and PP2014 support weight map projection, it's probably pretty easy to export a non-weight-mapped version (or even something with default joint-centers) and then project the weight maps from the Dawn-DS or Dawn-PS model to get a running start at "native-izing" the weight maps.  

At least until someone writes a weight-map translator which can navigate the two systems (it would be imperfect due variations in weight-map interpretation of the apps, but closer than pure projection from the source figure.)

-K

Bejaymac ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 1:51 PM

Like most here I was excited by the news, that was until I started thinking about compatability, for her to be WM in both programs your going to need two versions, as the PZ3 Importer plugin in DS4 doesn't read Poser WM, and Tri-Ax and DSON has left most Poser 9+ users with a nasty taste.

This is also going to cause problems for content makers, they are going to have to use both programs to make their products compatable with both versions. While the idea of more Poser users having to use DS might please DAZ, knowing the feelings around here towards DAZ & DS that's unlikely to happen.

I have other concerns but they can wait until I know what format(s) Dawn comes in.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 1:53 PM · edited Fri, 21 June 2013 at 1:54 PM

They said will be two versions, one for Poser and one for DS. Unfortunately for everyone, that'll be the way it has to be. And for vendors will be twice the work, but also twice the profit, should they chose to do both ;).

Laurie

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 1:56 PM

Or there will be collaborations between various people, then they can convert the others work to the opposite system.

I work in Poser, haven't touched Studio for a looooong time, but that wouldn't stop me from workig with someone to convert my freebies to Studio versions.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 2:00 PM

Perhaps we could have a zombie character for Dawn, then we could have.....

Dawn of the Dead!!!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 2:06 PM

Quote - This is also going to cause problems for content makers, they are going to have to use both programs to make their products compatable with both versions.

Having actually worked with and created content for Dawn in both platforms, I can tell you it was pretty easy.  The big problem for content creators in supporting both V4 and Genesis was that they were two different models, thus you had to create the morphs twice.  Dawn is the same model on both sides of the fence, DS and Poser, so I only have to do the morph work once and then some minor JP tweaking for each platform.

Songbird ReMix

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 2:07 PM

Sarsa said:

Quote - I said HE....which cannot be Thorne either...since we are both female, lol  gosh you guys!!  I know I have a deeper voice...but geez!!  haha

LOL!!

Add me to those who REALLY hope to see normal looking people, clothing, and everyday type poses.  Wish finances weren't so bad right now :(

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 2:16 PM

From HiveWire3D FB:-

The response has been overwhelming, and we are SOOO grateful for all of the support and encouragement we've been receiving.

So, for those who are unclear: Dawn will be released for FREE initially. We will be releasing her on our own website (still working on the website, so don't bother going there quite yet!). We will have a few add-on products as well, but the base product including a hairstyle, skin maps, and bikini will all be available free for a limited time.

Also, we are very much excited for anyone and everyone to create content for Dawn. We have a very open policy and will be ecstatic to have your support in creating great add-ons for Dawn.

We don't care what you make or where you sell it, so please just have fun creating what you love to make!

We will be accepting product submissions for Dawn once we open our store, for those that would like to sell their Dawn products in our marketplace. So stay tuned for when we announce that our doors are open.

Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Netherworks ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 2:17 PM

Quote - Perhaps we could have a zombie character for Dawn, then we could have.....

Dawn of the Dead!!!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

LOL and the military line could be called "Red Dawn".

Sorry, that just dawned on me... passes out sick bags

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 2:18 PM

LOL!!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 2:26 PM · edited Fri, 21 June 2013 at 2:30 PM

Hi everyone!

So I want to take some time to address some of the concerns with developing content for Dawn.

I will eventually be posting this process in detail once things quite down for me, but the basics are pretty straight forward.

Currently supported software is Poser 9+ and DAZ Studio 4.5+. This is due to the weight mapped figure support in both programs

Poser to DAZ Studio Method:

Dev rig for Poser will be made available to Poser developers so rigging clothing will use the same processes that you are familiar with, whether that is setup room, manual cr2 editing etc... To make this same item available for DAZ Studio users, load Dawn and import clothing geometry into DAZ Studio 4.5 or later. Use the transfer utility to transfer rig and any morphs.

DAZ Studio to Poser Method:

Load Dawn in Studio 4.5 or later and load clothing conformed to her. Export .cr2 with the binary .pmd file option checked and Poser directory filled in. and done. (This method can also be used to create support morphs for your poser files, for the Poser to Studio conversion above.)

I know this is really general but you will see that technology in Poser and Studio has made things much easier for us to support. (“Por que no los dos?”)

I hope this answers SOME of those questions, lol,

Thanks,

Paul

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 2:29 PM

Thank you Paul. That helps a lot. Now, let's hope vendors are willing to go thru it. LOL

Laurie

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 2:37 PM

Lol, considering what we had to do in the old days, this is super easy! Yes it is work but not like before.

Im also looking forward to the new clothing fit stuff in Poser 10/ Pro 2014! Should be cool once I have time to use it.

:D

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 3:05 PM · edited Fri, 21 June 2013 at 3:08 PM

Sounds very straightforward. 

Thanx, Paul!  😄

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 3:08 PM · edited Fri, 21 June 2013 at 3:09 PM

Someone in chat guessed sarsa's partner on that addon character....

3D Universe. LOL As soon as she said, I KNEW it was. I shoulda seen before. It's quite obvious now ;).

Laurie

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 3:11 PM

What is the Studio version of Dawn based on?

Genesis shapes etc.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 3:29 PM

Quote - What is the Studio version of Dawn based on?

Genesis shapes etc.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Dawn is a stand alone figure that uses DAZ Studio's triax weight mapped system. It was converted from DAZ Studio to support Poser's weight mapped system, via the cr2 exporter in DAZ Studio version 4.5, and a lot of hand editing said cr2.

:D

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 3:31 PM

Thanks!!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 3:37 PM

@Paganeagle:

Perhaps you (or someone) could compile some of the questions people here have into one list to present to the developers. I'm sure a lot of questions get buried in this very long and convoluted thread.  It might be helpful to all concerned?

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:11 PM

I'm going to sticky this thread FYI

sarsa ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:15 PM

No, no....that is not a partnered work...thats all his. Mine hasnt been shown yet.  :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:16 PM

Ohhh...heh.

Laurie

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:25 PM

Quote - @Paganeagle:

Perhaps you (or someone) could compile some of the questions people here have into one list to present to the developers. I'm sure a lot of questions get buried in this very long and convoluted thread.  It might be helpful to all concerned?

-AniMajik

we are taking notes, we just can't answer all questions just yet. But keep them coming...

as for mimic, we plan to support it as soon as we have visemes ready. It won't be part of the base though.

HiveWireChris ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:26 PM

file_495433.JPG

Dawn of the Dead it is then. I've worked up a morph from Dawn that Sarsa can map when she has the time.

Still needs clothes and nasty hair, if any one wants in on that one. Want to release in time for The Walking Dead when next season comes back on.

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:27 PM

Quote - Dawn of the Dead it is then. I've worked up a morph from Dawn that Sarsa can map when she has the time.

Still needs clothes and nasty hair, if any one wants in on that one. Want to release in time for The Walking Dead when next season comes back on.

LOL!!!!!!!!!! That rocks

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:28 PM

Quote - Dawn of the Dead it is then. I've worked up a morph from Dawn that Sarsa can map when she has the time.

Fantastic!! How I miss the creature packs where ya could mix ur own tho ;).

Laurie

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:32 PM

Cool!

Cheers,
Alisa

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:35 PM · edited Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:37 PM

That's a great morph! I need 'undead/zombies' for a different project. And thank you so much Sarsa for FINALLY solving the mystery of Thorne! Way back when (must have been 1998 or so) I was talking to Thorne in chat and trying to figure if Thorne was male or female, and Thorne just toyed with me and wouldn't say and there was much online giggling. Well, now I have the answer!

As for her male counter part, I'm liking Dusk for his name. But we'll find out what you guys have in mind to call him. May he NOT have the M4 should bulk problem!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

ryverthorn ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:38 PM

Since other people have started to come forward I guess I will too.  :)

I feel very honored and happy to be working with the wonderful people at HW and have a few projects in the works for Dawn (her movement and bending is seriously awesome)

I look forward to seeing what all people come up with for her :)

Sunfire ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:45 PM

is starting to wonder if there is anyone left over at that other place now. LOL Such great names being named and coming forward.

Sunfire's Creations

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:52 PM · edited Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:57 PM

Other than one, I haven't heard anyone is leaving Daz. No reason they can't broker both places I would think ;).

Laurie

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:54 PM

WOW!!!! Zombie Dawn!!!!!! LOL. Now don't forget when the male version comes out we need a Shaun one as well. LOL.

More names appearing!!!! Come on, lets see who else is going to appear!!!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:57 PM

So..... I could have Pixie eared Zombies!!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 4:58 PM

Yeah, most are not planning on leaving DAZ that I know of.  They're just also expanding their market into HiveWire3D. 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 5:15 PM

Okay in the spirit of being nice.........

DS4.6 installed, Genesis 2 base female in, waiting for Dawn so I can check things in both systems when I make things.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 5:26 PM

And now ryverthorn ??  Just keeps getting gooder and gooder :)

Latexluv said:

Quote - As for her male counter part, I'm liking Dusk for his name. But we'll find out what you guys have in mind to call him.

I was the first to mention Dusk in this thread, and stand by it  :)  Dawn & Dusk!!!

Cheers,
Alisa

toastie ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 5:27 PM

Quote - As for her male counter part.......................

May he NOT have the M4 should bulk problem!

Or the thunder-thighs problem I hope! :scared:

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 5:30 PM

Quote - This is also going to cause problems for content makers, they are going to have to use both programs to make their products compatable with both versions.

That is up to the content developers, although we have to remember that DS reads Poser formats so it could be that a solution is to use the CR2 for distributing clothing. I'm not an expert in this so it's possible that that option will not work. It might work for some and not for others. 

On the other hand the idea that Dawn will work natively on both programs is great. 

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 5:37 PM

Sneaky me found something!!!!! Lol.

https://hivewire3d.submittable.com/submit

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

LadyRaine ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 5:37 PM

Quote - Okay in the spirit of being nice.........

DS4.6 installed, Genesis 2 base female in, waiting for Dawn so I can check things in both systems when I make things.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

is it on your 17? and does it work?

if its that easy I'll attempt it if not I'll need someone to convert it for me

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 5:37 PM · edited Fri, 21 June 2013 at 5:38 PM

Quote - Hi everyone!

So I want to take some time to address some of the concerns with developing content for Dawn.

I will eventually be posting this process in detail once things quite down for me, but the basics are pretty straight forward.

Currently supported software is Poser 9+ and DAZ Studio 4.5+. This is due to the weight mapped figure support in both programs

Poser to DAZ Studio Method:

Dev rig for Poser will be made available to Poser developers so rigging clothing will use the same processes that you are familiar with, whether that is setup room, manual cr2 editing etc... To make this same item available for DAZ Studio users, load Dawn and import clothing geometry into DAZ Studio 4.5 or later. Use the transfer utility to transfer rig and any morphs.

DAZ Studio to Poser Method:

Load Dawn in Studio 4.5 or later and load clothing conformed to her. Export .cr2 with the binary .pmd file option checked and Poser directory filled in. and done. (This method can also be used to create support morphs for your poser files, for the Poser to Studio conversion above.)

I know this is really general but you will see that technology in Poser and Studio has made things much easier for us to support. (“Por que no los dos?”)

I hope this answers SOME of those questions, lol,

Thanks,

Paul

Ah, well that leaves me out.  I don't have DS installed, I won't ever have it installed and I won't use it.

I like Roxie and Rex anyway, so my development work will be done in PP2014 for them and Miki4.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.