Mon, Sep 9, 7:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Bullet Physics question (PP2014)

Allogagan0 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2013 at 8:16 AM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 4:45 PM

I am playing around with the bullet physics thing in the new PP2014 and so for I could get 2 props to react to each other (like to balls, a box and a ball) as long as their both props. But my question is how to get a figure to react to something else so I can have like a person kicking a ball or something?

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 2:13 AM

Set up your physics simulation as normal and add your figure to the choreograped section.  Then set up your keyframed animation for the figure and job is done.

That will get it working but the collision is not perfect.  Collisions with the figure will be to it's bounding box, not it's geometry.

To get it to collide with the geometry, add the figure to the softbody setion and set the weightmap to 1.0 on it, so that it doesn't collapse onto itself.

Hope that helps

John.

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.