Sun, Oct 6, 11:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: ReSizing Mats

Steeleyes101 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 5:37 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 9:23 AM

file_495458.jpg

Hello all and hope your weekend is off to a great start.

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to resize a mat so that the pattern fits a dress Im working with.

Attached you will see my problem

Thanks

Steel

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 6:32 AM · edited Sat, 22 June 2013 at 6:33 AM

Go to the image map node and where it says u scale and v scale, take it down to something like 0.25 for each to start if it's a seamless image. Uncheck autofit. Turn your image quality to crisp.

If it's still bigger than what you want, you can keep turning the scale down to 0.15, 0.10, 0.005, etc.

Laurie

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 6:40 AM

Otherwise, you would need to take both UVMapping and texture into a 3rd party, 2D paint program and resize the image to exactly fit the mesh.

Steeleyes101 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 6:50 AM

Thanks LaurieA  trying now

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 7:02 AM · edited Sat, 22 June 2013 at 7:05 AM

file_495459.jpg

Resizing the image file itself will not help. You could tile the image file in a paint app by combining a number of instances of the one image into a grid pattern.

You can tile a texture map over a surface in Poser by adjusting the values of the U_Scale and V_Scale in an Image_Map (see image above), but the result will only show in the rendered image, not in preview. Alternatively you can edit the UV map of the obj file itself. English Bob has a tutorial on "Tiling Texture Maps in Poser" which explains one way to tile the UV map of an obj.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 7:24 AM

The described method does work very well, however, you will need to embed the new object file into the cr2 if the model is a figure.  Strongly recommend working with copies only just in case something goes wrong.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:47 AM

Nobody noticed the OP material has the image scale set to 0?

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:49 AM

LOL I noticed but figured with what I told 'em that it would get fixed. :P

Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.