Fri, Oct 4, 2:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:00 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

Kenmac ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 12:29 AM

I have a question about Dawn that hasn't been asked yet and personally this isn't something I really care about but for those who do, what's the poly count for the Poser version of the model and the Daz version? Do they both have the same poly count?

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 1:29 AM

Can't wait to see her alive :)

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 1:53 AM · edited Sat, 22 June 2013 at 1:59 AM

Quote - A few more points on Dawn:

• have her beta tested to the point she "squeeels lahk a pig". I mean, test her in every way you can think of (IE: animation, walk cycles, proportion scaling, extreme bending/posing, morphing limits... and??).

• try to make the the UV mapping as user friendly as possible (thinking of Victoria 2 or 3 here). The less seams, the better.

• including visemes in the release (instead of later) would be a VERY good idea. As far as I know, Antonia is STILL speechless.

Mainly, avoid releasing several versions of her within 6 months of her first appearance. With Antonia, a lot of users were confused over which release did what and which UV map was the best (Antonia has 2) to use.

Bottom line, even with an officially released version, Antonia is still not complete to this day. I still use her because I enjoy the tinkering that is sometimes necessary to get her to work right. My guess is a lot of users would rather not have to deal with that... and I don't blame them.

Good luck with Dawn, HiveWire. I'm looking forward to rendering and animating her.

And... THANK YOU for offering her up for free!

Sounds like really good advice. And from a marketing standpoint, let the V6 hoopla (if there is any) die down a bit, so Dawn gets all the attention she deserves.

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

Kerya ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 1:54 AM

What about using the word "zoooooon" - it has more speed ... :)

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 2:09 AM

Quote - Sounds like really good advice. And from a marketing standpoint, let the V6 hoopla (if there is any) die down a bit, so Dawn gets all the attention she deserves.

What V6??? Oh yea, I logged on to see what Rendo forums were saying about V6, heard about Dawn and forgot all about... what's her name again?  's ok, it doesn't matter.... 

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 2:14 AM

Quote -
What V6???

Oh yea, I logged on to see what Rendo forums were saying about V6, heard about Dawn and forgot all about... what's her name again?  's ok, it doesn't matter.... 

When I got the notification, I was thinking, why are they coming out with this so soon?  I haven't even had a chance to play with her predecessor much yet!  Yeah, Dawn definately got my attention too!

-AniMajik

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 2:35 AM

By the way, Animajik, I love the kitty in your avatar, I have three black babies myself (and two gray ones, and one gray and white) They are the original BadKitteh's ;)

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

MSTene ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 2:51 AM

this is looking to be most impressive and exciting!!

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 2:59 AM

Quote - By the way, Animajik, I love the kitty in your avatar, I have three black babies myself (and two gray ones, and one gray and white) They are the original BadKitteh's ;)

I call it the laughing cat, but it's actually my cat "Boonchee" in mid-sneeze.  I have a simple animation of this HERE (yup, his own domain!).  He's also the "host" of FatCatAlley.com.

I guess you can tell I love cats too! :)

-AniMajik

nslindsay ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 3:17 AM · edited Sat, 22 June 2013 at 3:23 AM

I'm up for this, but it's gunna have to be really good to stand up against V4, yeah not V6 or V5 but V4.

Despite Smith's figures, multiple third party figures and Daz's "advancements in Genesis, virtually everything falls back on V4, you just can't shake that girl, not perfect mind you, but so well loved...

Love Genesis but not V5 and certainly not interested in Daz's latest scam with Genesis 2 and V6, seeing as the community hardly embraced the first one and coming out so hot on the heels of it's predessor.

So this would have to be damn good to get people's attention, for both the user and creators, she's going to have to make us fall in love with her, be the figure to finally replace V4 or at least challange her...

Do that and you'll have a winner, while I'm up for it and wish you the best of luck, I think it's going to be a rather tough and probably think, (although I hope not), create another niche of users with limited resourses and still keeping one eye on what's new for V4.

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 3:28 AM

Quote - Do that and you'll have a winner, while I'm up for it and wish you the best of luck, I think it's going to be a rather tough and probably think, (although I hope not), create another niche of users with limited resourses and still keeping one eye on what's new for V4.

If you see who's involved in the Dawn project, it's really not as tough.  It's a heck of a team!

-AniMajik

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 4:15 AM

Hi all, lots of nice posts.

I can only assume that those items that dissapear at a certain store will appear on the HiveWire3D site, so it wil just be a matter of waiting for them to appear.

I don't know if anyone has notices, but we are now on 14 pages and........

No kick offs!!! Just happy people. from both the Poser and Studio sides getting together and discussing things.

And that's the way it should be, ALL voices listened to and respected.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 4:18 AM

The one thing I was VERY happy to read was the bit from HiveWire3D about making things for Dawn.

The fact they said that they were happy for people to sell things at ANY store is quite a good idea. At least they are not trying to lock all content makers to a single store.

Creative freedom is a great thing.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 5:31 AM

Holy cow.  Lisa's stuff is gone from DAZ now.  No longer even shows up in search. 

Did she jump or was she pushed?

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 5:34 AM

file_495457.png

Hi Hivewire,

any chance you can make dawn import into vue?  This problem which I illustrate with a freak 5 being imported into Vue in a pz3 has been there since genesis was first released.  the mapping of the figure goes haywire like some sort of UV problem (it's a bit hard to see in this render but it is mostly his face and neck particularly) and a ghost subd mesh appears.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

AetherDream ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 6:10 AM

Quote - Holy cow.  Lisa's stuff is gone from DAZ now.  No longer even shows up in search. 

Unsure, but several pages back she entered the conversation and said she was onboard with HiveWire3D.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

toastie ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 6:12 AM

Quote - ......I'm thinking about possibly switching gears and rigging them for Dawn......

So I guess making stuff for Anastasia never went anywhere then? Real pity - I was looking forward to that.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 6:44 AM

Quote - Holy cow.  Lisa's stuff is gone from DAZ now.  No longer even shows up in search. 

Her stuff was about the only stuff still in my Daz wishlist. LOL. One more reason I don't  have to go there anymore sigh. In a way, it's like losing an aunt or uncle. ;)

Laurie

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 6:58 AM

Quote - Hi all, lots of nice posts.

I can only assume that those items that dissapear at a certain store will appear on the HiveWire3D site, so it wil just be a matter of waiting for them to appear.

I don't know if anyone has notices, but we are now on 14 pages and........

No kick offs!!! Just happy people. from both the Poser and Studio sides getting together and discussing things.

And that's the way it should be, ALL voices listened to and respected.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Boy do I agree with the above. 

Whether you agree with the marketing stratagy of a particular company or not it is their their choice and you have two choices.  However, beyond that there is the perception of the company by it customers and, unsurprisingly, people tend to buy from companies and individuals that they like and trust.

I sort of fell into 3D around 2005 and Daz was the only site I visited for years as I liked and trusted them but things changed and about two years ago I began to loose the warm feeling I had.  Nothing to do with any particular product or policy it was just that the concentration appeared to move to the bottom line and very little else.  Every company needs to make a profit to stay alive but I have never thought making a profit and looking after your customers were mutually exclusive objectives. 

Then came the dark period of the new 'G' figure I say dark because of the annimosity it created for whatever reason. 

So far the Dawn team seem to be interested in giving customers what they want and involving potential customers .  I admire the reluctance to set a date and not even use the word soon, so as not to disappoint. They describe what they feel the new figure will do from day one and future plans.  They want content for their figure and no boubt would prefer for it to come from their web site, but are intelligent enough to know that the any content can only benefit them in the long run.

So no surprise then that all of the posts here have been positive, so they should be.  Yet many are the same people who were not as happy during the 'G'  launch and after.  The customers have not changed, treat them with respect and they respond, treat them with contempt and they will walk.

I not only support Dawn but the whole team on what they have done so far and hope they continue in the same way for years to come they deserve to be successful and I am waiting with my credit card in hand to try and do my bit to make it happen.   This is not just for Dawn either, because I have used products from some of the artist that have moved and would love to do so again, the reason I stopped buying more of thier items had nothing to do with their products or them.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

LadyRaine ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 6:58 AM

maybe Laurie but its also like an old friend has returned :)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 7:18 AM · edited Sat, 22 June 2013 at 7:20 AM

Well, I have been watching since I saw the other "Something of Interest for Poser Users" thread.

First impressions, were , lets see where this goes, nothing to worry about, base free etc.

Then the detective work came in and the names that were coming up for the HiveWire team made me double check....

The names were confirmed and info started coming out.

Then....... The other BIG names started coming out from behind the curtain and I knew something VERY exciting was starting up.

The ebst thing is that Dawn is 2 seperate versions, yes, I know we would all like a single one, but options couldn't do that.

So, we can now support Dawn by using her in Poser 9+ AND Studio 4.5+.

Those that want to do just Poser or Studio items can do so, but... Those that want to go that one step further and have a go and doing it for both versions can do so.

Obviously there will be things that singlke people alone can't do, so join up with others and do YOUR part in a project.

I can't do great poses, but I can texture items, make clothing items etc.

The same with making things work on both sides. If you work in just one version, either Poser or Studio, find someone would works in the other and join up. Test your things etc. This way the users get the benefit of that collaboration.

I've already put DS4.6 on my system to try rigging for Studio and have said I will give it go with things made by Raine in Poser. It's just my way of giving something back. If I have to learn a few things along the way, no probs, I'm sure that if I ask questions, people will help out.

I can see lots of new friendships being formed and that's a great thing.

Stuff the Studio - Poser spilt thing of the past, bring it ALL back together for the benefit of BOTH sides (Okay, add in Vue, Carrara etc. LOL) and bring the 3D community back to being one big happy family, that all sides can use to their own uses.

No doubt, once HiveWire3D has their forums up and running, there will be something like a "I need s beta tester for...." section, that others can ask for help in testing their products, freebies etc.

This is the time to get invloved as it's not every day that something like this comes along.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Kattey ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 7:39 AM

Some are still there but 99% plants are gone, including the newset ones.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 7:41 AM

Quote - > Quote - Holy cow.  Lisa's stuff is gone from DAZ now.  No longer even shows up in search. 

Unsure, but several pages back she entered the conversation and said she was onboard with HiveWire3D.

I saw that.  I also saw the part where someone said most of the Hivewire PAs would not be leaving DAZ, they'd just be selling in both stores.

But I wonder if DAZ will allow that.  Though I guess Lisa was kind of a special case.  She was one of the PC artists, wasn't she?

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 7:45 AM

Quote -
Her stuff was about the only stuff still in my Daz wishlist. LOL. One more reason I don't  have to go there anymore sigh. In a way, it's like losing an aunt or uncle. ;)

Laurie

Between Ken and Lisa (and maybe others?), my DAZ wishlist is a shadow of its former self.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 7:48 AM · edited Sat, 22 June 2013 at 7:50 AM

I haven't really checked any others. I guess we'll hear sooner or later if any such things happen. Up to the individual vendor what they'd like to do ;). LisaB has been with Daz for almost as long as I can remember in the Poserverse - maybe she just wants a change of pace. LOL.

I hope that's all it is anyway. If Daz told them they couldn't sell at Daz because they sell at Hivewire, well...that would be really petty (and cutting their nose off dispite their face as well). No matter what I think of Daz personally, even I don't think they'd do that, but stranger things have happened I guess. I just hope that's not the case (and if it was, talk about shooting yourself in the foot!). Of course, all Lisa's fans would follow HER, not stay at Daz without her ;).

Laurie

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:05 AM

Quote - Of course, all Lisa's fans would follow HER, not stay at Daz without her ;). Laurie

I'm sorry, Laurie, but I don't think this logic is sound.  I know lots and lots of Poser users who simply refuse to do business with DAZ, therefore didn't follow their favorite vendors at all.

I love Ken's birds, but DAZ doesn't get my money, so I did without new birds as long as he was at DAZ exclusively.  The same with LisaB's plants.  True with Jack Tomalin as well.

I just did without as long as the only way to get their products were through DAZ. 

Lots of folks have a problem with the idea of supporting unethical businesses with their money - that's what boycotts are all about.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:11 AM · edited Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:19 AM

I did still get what I could of Stonemason's, LisaB's and Jack Tomalin's things from Daz so long as I didn't have to use DSON. But anything DSON is a deal breaker. I never had a problem with any vendor, and still supported the ones I like whether they were with Daz or not when I was able ;). A lot of them are nice, nice people, they have families, they have to eat and besides, they make great stuff ;). Daz is just the vehicle. i know Daz gets a big chunk of their money, but they get it too. I don't mind supporting them. And I sure mind a lot less now that some are willing to make things for Poser. I hope it works out for them. I don't tend to hold any grudges - in the end it's only me that it spites. LOL.

FWIW, I don't mind if no one agrees with me. Everyone has a right to spend their money (or not) how they see fit. :)

Laurie

Kattey ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:16 AM

I really hope Lisa will chime in and explain something, but currently I'm also interested in more of Dawn renders if there are any.

Faerydae ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:17 AM

Quote - > Quote - Of course, all Lisa's fans would follow HER, not stay at Daz without her ;). Laurie

I'm sorry, Laurie, but I don't think this logic is sound.  I know lots and lots of Poser users who simply refuse to do business with DAZ, therefore didn't follow their favorite vendors at all.

I love Ken's birds, but DAZ doesn't get my money, so I did without new birds as long as he was at DAZ exclusively.  The same with LisaB's plants.  True with Jack Tomalin as well.

I just did without as long as the only way to get their products were through DAZ. 

Lots of folks have a problem with the idea of supporting unethical businesses with their money - that's what boycotts are all about.

I agree with both of you. Some Poser (and even DS3) users have been boycotting Daz since Genesis came out. I'm not one of them. I don't visit anywhere near as much as I used to with the drop in Gen 4/Poser support, but if one of my very few favorite vendors there has something new that I can use, without jumping through hoops, I buy it. I see it more as supporting friends and favorite artists whose work I love, rather than supporting business decisions by Daz that I don't like and don't agree with.

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:18 AM · edited Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:18 AM

I go where i can get what I need - not as principled as some maybe, but the fact I buy what I use is good enough for my conscience  ;)

But I'm a DAZ Studio user that uses Genesis as my main workhorse, so would be pretty inconvenient to shoot myself in the foot just to get the moral high ground, LOL

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:21 AM

I wouldn't mind getting back to Dawn btw....lol. I still can't wait to get my grubby hands on the figure ;).

Hope more revealing images go up soon.

Laurie

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:25 AM

Quote - Holy cow.  Lisa's stuff is gone from DAZ now.  No longer even shows up in search.  Did she jump or was she pushed?

Wow.  There are just older DO items; the plants are all gone.

She was in charge of the Platinum Club, IIRC...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:26 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Of course, all Lisa's fans would follow HER, not stay at Daz without her ;). Laurie

I agree with both of you. Some Poser (and even DS3) users have been boycotting Daz since Genesis came out. I'm not one of them. I don't visit anywhere near as much as I used to with the drop in Gen 4/Poser support, but if one of my very few favorite vendors there has something new that I can use, without jumping through hoops, I buy it. I see it more as supporting friends and favorite artists whose work I love, rather than supporting business decisions by Daz that I don't like and don't agree with.

My point (poorly stated, evidently) is that vendors need to make decisions based on an honest market assessment, not a blanket statement.

As you suggest, blanket statements prove to be false too many times to make marketing decisions with.  Sadly, brokerage reputations and decisions over which they have no control can greatly affect the vendor's business.

Hopefully, this situation will get the attention of brokers as well as the vendors and they will act accordingly.

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:29 AM

Yeah, I was originally back in the thread to ask when we can see some test renders of Dawn.

Dawn, where are you?  You can't still be putting your makeup on... can you?

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

tparo ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:35 AM

I'd really rather not see this thread descend into a Daz bashing it would be a real shame.

People are intitled to their opinions and different people have different opinions and view points about a lot of things.

I'd also love to see more images odf Dawn. I really really love the slight Anime look of the latest Facebook image.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:40 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Quote - Yeah, I was originally back in the thread to ask when we can see some test renders of Dawn.

Dawn, where are you?  You can't still be putting your makeup on... can you?

I think I heard that dreaded phase "I hate my hair" so it could be a bit. I haven't been to facebook this much since opening an account there.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:41 AM · edited Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:41 AM

Quote -
The best thing is that Dawn is 2 seperate versions, yes, I know we would all like a single one, but options couldn't do that.

So, we can now support Dawn by using her in Poser 9+ AND Studio 4.5+.

Oops; I deleted my message by accident!
 The process in creating both versions for Dawn is more complex than it would have been to create Poser versions of Genesis and its content; the only tricky parts are morph injections, which can be done as either a standard injection of via a python script, and switching UVs, which can be gotten around with additional cr2's or possibly geometry switching.

The enthusiastic discussion here and DAZ' actions on their Forum is quite telling; DAZ seems to have lost touch with many of its customers. In light of this development, I'd bet a donut that DAZ will be selling native Poser versions of Genesis content by year-end...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:45 AM

Quote - ...I haven't been to facebook this much since opening an account there.

LMAO! Same here ;).

Laurie

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:51 AM

I don't think we will get much yet, perhaps in a few hours, it's only just coming up to 8.00am in Utah.

I still have my DAZ Time clock from when they used to have certain sales.

Have to admit, I would like to see some more pics.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 8:58 AM

Well, the only reason I installed Studio 4.6, was to learn how to rig clothing etc. for Dawn.

The basic process was outlined earlier and a mention of more detailed instructions gave me the push. I'm one of those that likes to learn new things, and this part would be interesting to do.

As I said, nothing to stop a Poser user, getting someone who is a Studio user to rig their items, and then is the Studio user needs help in rigging for Poser, they can get that help.

No one person knows everything, but a few people can bring that knowledge together.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 9:19 AM

Quote - I go where i can get what I need - not as principled as some maybe, but the fact I buy what I use is good enough for my conscience  ;)

I totally agree and everyone's conscience is theirs and varies from person to person.  On princple I only give my custom to the companies I feel deserve it.  I follow this policy on everything I buy not just 3D.  I love sports but in the UK sports TV are often broadcast by a company who's ethics I dislike, if the coverage is only on that company's channels, I do without the sports coverage.  To many that will be extreme but at the end of the day it is my conscience I answer to and I do not condem anyone for following their conscience

While my early submission was critical of Daz it was more aimed at trying to encourage a company policy that, to me at least, appears to be going in the right direction.

I understand that others would like to get back to subject of Dawn and I am very interested indeed at what is happening here and it is much wider than just Dawn. It may well be theddawn of a new day. Perhaps we should split the thread or move the wider issue to the 'Of interest to Poser' thread, but even that is limiting because I feel this is of interest to Daz users and the wider community.

I also apologise if it appears I am knocking Daz and I am not looking to upset anyone, what I am stating is what has happened to change my 3D buying habits over the last few years.    I may be alone, I may be one of many, but I am what I am.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 9:43 AM

A quick question for when someone can give details:-

Will Dawn have a single body texture like Roxie, or multi sections, arms, thighs, shin etc. like V4.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

heatherlee7292 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 9:53 AM

First time in a long time that I have been excited about a new character being released, and I think this product will give me the push I need to start creating  and share with everyone.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 9:55 AM

I thought it was obvious - the male counterpart to Dawn should be called Ray.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 9:59 AM

As a content maker, thought i would just do this.

Great Uncle LROG's Wish list:-

Dev rig for Poser and Studio version of Dawn - Yep, seen the post for this.

Info on rigging - Yep, seen the post for this.

An obj of Dawn - Easier for me to extract a template & grid file in Stitch Witch to work on.

A freebie users skin - By that, I mean something that can be worked on and released as a freebie texture set. I know most will have the non freebie option, but it would be nice for people like me. It doesn't have to be brilliant, just something for us freebie makers to play with.

A Quicksuit and Quickdress mesh, similar to those at Morphography to get content makers up and running.

These are basics for me, others may have other ideas to bounce around, so please bring in those ideas.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Kattey ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 10:03 AM

Quote - I thought it was obvious - the male counterpart to Dawn should be called Ray.

Why it is obvious?

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 10:08 AM

From what I can see with Dawn the only BIG limitation between Poser and Studio content would be dynamic clothing.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 10:08 AM · edited Sat, 22 June 2013 at 10:09 AM

Quote - > Quote - Holy cow.  Lisa's stuff is gone from DAZ now.  No longer even shows up in search.  Did she jump or was she pushed?

Wow.  There are just older DO items; the plants are all gone.

She was in charge of the Platinum Club, IIRC...

I hunted a bit, and she was indeed PC Co-Administrator, but stepped down in April and was replaced by Jack Tomalin.

I guess we now know why she stepped down... 😉

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 10:12 AM

Yep, check HiveWire3D site info, it was set up 2 months ago.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2013 at 10:13 AM · edited Sat, 22 June 2013 at 10:13 AM

Quote - From what I can see with Dawn the only BIG limitation between Poser and Studio content would be dynamic clothing.

It's not hard to make Studio dynamics work in Poser, (export from Studio as obj and bring in as a prop) but I haven't the faintest idea how to go the other way...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.