Wed, Sep 18, 5:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 3:46 pm)

Subject: Can't find it, hope the community here can/will/and will tell me :)

Daidalos ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 4:03 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 9:45 PM

Hello everyone I am searching high and low for some chin/jaw morphs for M4 that resemble those seen on the teifling here:

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/stormgaard/wikis/tiefling

If anyone knows of a pack for sale, or a freebie morph that would at least let me get close to this using M4 and would share either a link here or to me via pm I would very much appreciate it.

Fwiw I have the creature creator morphs from DAZ but there's nothing in those for the jaw/chin, save the angle and width.

Thanks

D

"The Blood is the life!"

jonnybode ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 10:14 AM

file_495813.jpg

Hi!

Its a kinda small picture in your link so its hard to see the excact features of the character.

But... I gave it a try, would something like this work? (click picture for larger image)

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 1:33 PM

Just use the poser morph brush for something easy like this. It would take less time then posting a request for it.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

jonnybode ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 1:47 PM

Such a helpful answer, maybe hes got Poser 5, 6 or 7? No morph brush there...

Daidalos ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 2:48 PM · edited Thu, 04 July 2013 at 3:00 PM

Jonnybode yeah I"m a poor stone and chisel user errr I mean poser six user lol.

Yes that would be great, could you add two more lumps in front of those near the jaw corners?

Sorry the ref pic was so small btw, I thought I'd posted a link to a decent sized image. Here is a better one I hope.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/ufJCdrxS-3w/maxresdefault.jpg

What you did above got me thinking, I could import the M4 geom .obj into wings and modify the head, but for the life of me can't remember how to do that and then use the modified .obj as a morph. Like I once did to make a gem hadar pic way back with poser four. 

But I also don't know doing that with the .obj is even allowed nowadays either, I quit making morphs that way long ago (hence why I forget how to do it now) because I'd heard it's not allowed/legal to do so, so I don't better safe than sorry.

Thanks Jonny for the work on that too btw.

Regards,

D

"The Blood is the life!"

jonnybode ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 3:17 PM

file_495830.jpg

Like this?

jonnybode ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 3:36 PM

file_495833.jpg

Are the other changes I made ok?

Daidalos ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 6:57 PM · edited Thu, 04 July 2013 at 7:00 PM

Those are awesome Jonnybode. Can I please have it as a morph? lol The only change I would make is that on the chin it's seperated sort of like a beard coming down off the points of the chin. Insted of the central point/bump, just move the two next to it closer together and you'd have a picture perfect one. Identical to those in the game.

But that said what you have is awesome and I can make do with it if you'd be willing to share it with me.

I tried doing the .obj alteration and importing it as a morph but poser keeps telling me "error wrong vertice number" or some such nonesense. What I did was just extruded some bumps on the .obj gemoetry then tried to import it using the add morph button. 

So...since that wouldn't/didn't work.

I went back to the drawing board and made bumps as a seperate add on prop and now am trying to map them so I can texture them to match the rest of em. lol

That's not working out so well either, can't seem to do nothing in Poser anymore I swear...had better luck back in the day on my old gateway than I do nowadays on this new fangled "faster, bigger, better" machine. lol

Your morph there would work great though, far better than what I"ve come up with in trying to make this Tiefling lol.

D

"The Blood is the life!"

Daidalos ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 8:39 PM

For those interested just did a test render using my "bumps" prop...I'd be embarrassed to let anyone else see it, yes that baaaad. lol

Jonny please? lol

"The Blood is the life!"

jonnybode ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2013 at 1:14 PM

file_495868.jpg

Like this?

jonnybode ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2013 at 3:15 PM

file_495870.jpg

And heres with a texture on it, be aware that the "spikes" on the chin causes stretching in the texture, you may have to postwork that part.

Daidalos ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2013 at 3:24 PM

Yep truly awesome Jonnybode!

"The Blood is the life!"

jonnybode ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2013 at 3:40 PM

Send me a PM with your email and i will send you the morph, its in the format of an injectible Pz2, or write down your email here.

Daidalos ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2013 at 5:03 PM · edited Fri, 05 July 2013 at 5:05 PM

I've sent it via sitemail Jonny. I would just like to say thank you here again as well for the help. I wouldn't be able to do my image without the help so I really appreciate it lots.

Guess it's time I move out of the stone age, break down and get me a new version of poser or zbrush.

Regards,

D

"The Blood is the life!"

jonnybode ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2013 at 5:08 PM

File sent, hope it works as expected!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.