Fri, Sep 20, 9:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 2:05 PM

Quote - is the date for the "normal" Release known ?

Yes!

.... was that too cruel? :)

All in good time.... be patient just a little while longer

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 2:06 PM

Quote - > Quote - is the date for the "normal" Release known ?

Yes!

Yes that is cruel, funny but cruel.

Jennyver ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 2:07 PM

sigh :)

vintorix ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 2:12 PM · edited Sat, 06 July 2013 at 2:13 PM

Would any of the content creators be interested in earning some money?

?

Jan19 ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 2:49 PM

Quote - Dawn is on her way out to Content Creators as we speak!

Aha!  There IS news.  :-)

I knew the day would get better.

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Jan19 ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 2:50 PM · edited Sat, 06 July 2013 at 2:51 PM

Quote - surreality.

There are so many members at Renderosity so it is impossible to know them all. I went to surreality's gallery and store out of shear curiously. I may be only a beginner in CG but I do know something about art. I recognizes it when I see it! And I can tell you mister without a shadow of a doubt, that you are not only a great artist, you have it in your blood.

Get one of her characters.  Her work will blow your mind.  :-)

And THAT'S why I'm hoping she'll give Dawn a go!

Jessaii ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 2:52 PM

Woot Im ready fire away :D

vintorix ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 3:01 PM

Jan19,

Which one?

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 3:14 PM

I'm now caught up on email, if you have emailed me and not received a response, please email me again, it may have gotten lost with the issues I was having with email the past few days.

please email me directly, I don't check sitemail hardly at all

steve @ hivewire3d.com

ghosty12 ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 3:17 PM · edited Sat, 06 July 2013 at 3:22 PM

Quote - Final Dawn files have been delivered.

Content creators be at the ready!

Awesome sauce would love to try her out see if I can get my old morphs working on Dawn. :)

Only created one thing that was for Vicky 4 was a teeth morph somehow don't think that would apply me to getting Dawn early. lol :)

though would be cool to work out how to transfer them to Dawn. lol

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

Latexluv ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 4:14 PM

Just sent off an email!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

fabiana ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 4:17 PM

Hi Dawn's creators.

I am not fast. I am not good at all for timings or matching events, scheduled things or group releases.

So I never could promise what, or when I would have something ready for Dawn in the very close or inmediate future.

Even letting you know those that are some of my "cons" I would love to see her in my Poser and touch her, gently, as I use to do with other figures.

If you accept me and my style and those my cons, then please consider me very interested in her and ready to meet her as soon as you wish.

Thank you

Fabi

Fabi @FKDesign

One in some place under Southern Stars...
Don't tell me that I am wrong if I say I saw pointed ears this morning, in my mirror... they are there.

Faerydae ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 4:21 PM

Yes!

Grrrrrrr! lol

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 4:31 PM

Fabi, you make the most beautiful characters! Since most of your characters are poser ready but not Daz ready I had to learn to set up my own DS mats and it was worth it to use your lovely figures!! :) Your gentle touch on each figure brings it a special look. I would LOVE to see what you create with Dawn!

willyb53 ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 4:34 PM
Online Now!

And if anyone missed it, this may be of interst.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=4083068&ebot_calc_page

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

Fringewood ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 4:38 PM

The best figures, like the best rigging, do not follow the physical models found in real life.  Meshes are hollow, human bodies are relatively solid.  (A little squishy in places, but not hollow.)

Rigging in the places where human joints exist seldom create the best joints.  To mimic a solid body at the skin level with just a skin, the joints have to be closer to the outer bend, even with weight mapping.  If you place the joint where it exists in a human, you get less than optimal joints.  This has long been a problem in 3D, people thinking that the joints need to match the location in the human body.  The same principle applies to morphs.

So a realistic skin on a base figure is not going to be optimal for rigging or morphing.  It is easier to expand the vertices than it it is to shrink them and maintain the best mechanics of the figure.  So a base figure should be on the skinny side, a little anorexic, a little athletic, for the sake of mechanics.  

And like I said, Poser and DS do not have rendering engines powerful enough to touch realism.  They can get moderately close, but they aren't going to touch the top dollar rendering engines that can truly achieve realism that suspends visual disbelief.  Their strong point is representational art.  (If you're looking for realism, go spend some money on software instead of content.)

(And yes, Jan, modo is the best thing that happened to 3D, IMO.  It takes a while to learn, because it is different, but different for a very good reason.  It was no small coincidence that it was used to model Dawn.)

fabiana ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 5:46 PM

Quote - Fabi, you make the most beautiful characters! Since most of your characters are poser ready but not Daz ready I had to learn to set up my own DS mats and it was worth it to use your lovely figures!! :) Your gentle touch on each figure brings it a special look. I would LOVE to see what you create with Dawn!

thank you, the smile I have now is yours :)

Fabi @FKDesign

One in some place under Southern Stars...
Don't tell me that I am wrong if I say I saw pointed ears this morning, in my mirror... they are there.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 5:47 PM

Looks like things happened while I was away!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 5:48 PM

Quote - The best figures, like the best rigging, do not follow the physical models found in real life.  Meshes are hollow, human bodies are relatively solid.  (A little squishy in places, but not hollow.)

Rigging in the places where human joints exist seldom create the best joints.  To mimic a solid body at the skin level with just a skin, the joints have to be closer to the outer bend, even with weight mapping.  If you place the joint where it exists in a human, you get less than optimal joints.  This has long been a problem in 3D, people thinking that the joints need to match the location in the human body.  The same principle applies to morphs.

So a realistic skin on a base figure is not going to be optimal for rigging or morphing.  It is easier to expand the vertices than it it is to shrink them and maintain the best mechanics of the figure.  So a base figure should be on the skinny side, a little anorexic, a little athletic, for the sake of mechanics.  

And like I said, Poser and DS do not have rendering engines powerful enough to touch realism.  They can get moderately close, but they aren't going to touch the top dollar rendering engines that can truly achieve realism that suspends visual disbelief.  Their strong point is representational art.  (If you're looking for realism, go spend some money on software instead of content.)

(And yes, Jan, modo is the best thing that happened to 3D, IMO.  It takes a while to learn, because it is different, but different for a very good reason.  It was no small coincidence that it was used to model Dawn.)

And your point is what?

matrix03 ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 5:54 PM

Hi, just wanted to let everyone know that I started a hairstyle request thread in the wishing well for Dawn in case anyone is interested in adding some of their own suggestions.

the more of us chime in and make our requests the better.

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 6:00 PM

Quote - The best figures, like the best rigging, do not follow the physical models found in real life.  Meshes are hollow, human bodies are relatively solid.  (A little squishy in places, but not hollow.)

The issue is that most human (or animal, for that matter) joints are not a simple pivot, but are two nonidentically curved surfaces rolling against each other...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 6:19 PM

The funny thing is.....

On the tv at the moment  is...... Dawn of the Dead!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

SekayiAsha ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 6:27 PM

Quote - And if anyone missed it, this may be of interst.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=4083068&ebot_calc_page

Bill

Thanks for this link. :) I really hope this product gets made.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 6:34 PM

file_495901.jpg

CRUEL!

I am going on a HUNGER Strike until Dawn is released.  My PaleDemon WIP is expressing her consternation!

Uhm- at least until I get hungry.... :-)

Yes!

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 9:36 PM

Quote - And that's exactly my point.

And then you go on to describe what would be the most hated people in model railroading, the "rivet counters".  Find one little detail that isn't letter perfect and scream bloody murder the hated cry of the rivet counter, "THAT AIN'T PROTOTYPICAL!".

When it's running on a layout on a four by eight sheet of plywood, grass matting and buildings from half a dozen different eras and areas.  To what end? 

Some don't like the Roxie figure, saying the same thing, not realistic, however, she's a lot closer to the women I see every day than vicky in any of her many iterations and morphs, and from what I see, Dawn isn't going to be any different.

Wonder woman isn't realistic either, but she has her following.  Twiggy, she has her own following.  Big deal.  People come in an equal number of shapes as the number of people.  One will probably be a match for any 3d mesh figure.  Only better.

Doric

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

AetherDream ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 9:37 PM

Quote - Hi Dawn's creators.

I am not fast. I am not good at all for timings or matching events, scheduled things or group releases.

So I never could promise what, or when I would have something ready for Dawn in the very close or inmediate future.

Even letting you know those that are some of my "cons" I would love to see her in my Poser and touch her, gently, as I use to do with other figures.

If you accept me and my style and those my cons, then please consider me very interested in her and ready to meet her as soon as you wish.

Thank you

Fabi

I am so excited. I hope they send it to you soon. I love your hair characters and outfits.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

Jan19 ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 10:34 PM

Quote - Jan19,

Which one?

I think she's got three characters here at Rendo.  I've got the Ivorette Bundle, and it's awesome, but my favorite Surreality characters are Lady Jane (she reminds me of Jane Burdon) and Amalie (think I spelled that right).  LJ and Amalie aren't at Rendo though.  And it's according to which style you want -- otherworldly or romantic.  Amalie was the character that floored me, with all her options.  She's romantic (for lack of a better word). 

And I think that Dawn -- done in either otherworldly or Modern Muse style -- would be fabulous! :-) 

Jan19 ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 10:42 PM · edited Sat, 06 July 2013 at 10:43 PM

Quote - (And yes, Jan, modo is the best thing that happened to 3D, IMO.  It takes a while to learn, because it is different, but different for a very good reason.  It was no small coincidence that it was used to model Dawn.)

You're kidding!!!  I honestly did not know that!  I discovered Modo through a tutorial pdf, decided Silo was close enough, and stuck with Silo for awhile.  But Silo isn't being upgraded, so I decided to test drive Modo 701 for 30 days.  I love it.  :-)  It is fabulous.  Great tutorials at Luxology, too!

So Modo was used to model Dawn, huh?  I knew the universe was pushing me in Modo's direction.  :-)  (BTW, I posted a note about an upcoming sale in the Modo forum here at Rendo, if anyone else is interested.)

Jan19 ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 11:00 PM

*CRUEL!

I am going on a HUNGER Strike until Dawn is released.  My PaleDemon WIP is expressing her consternation!

Uhm- at least until I get hungry.... :-)*

You better not!  You'll be unconscious somewhere, when Dawn is released...and you'll miss the whole party.  :-)

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 11:13 PM

Thanks Jan- I guess I'll go get some food! :-)

Quote - *CRUEL!

Uhm- at least until I get hungry.... :-)*

You better not!  You'll be unconscious somewhere, when Dawn is released...and you'll miss the whole party.  :-)

Jan19 ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 11:32 PM

Be sure you go for something healthy -- like pizza and a liter of Coke.  ;-)

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 11:45 PM

Quote - > Quote - And that's exactly my point.

And then you go on to describe what would be the most hated people in model railroading, the "rivet counters".  Find one little detail that isn't letter perfect and scream bloody murder the hated cry of the rivet counter, "THAT AIN'T PROTOTYPICAL!".

What scale do you model?  I do N Scale...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

vintorix ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2013 at 11:48 PM · edited Sat, 06 July 2013 at 11:55 PM

Got it!

This lady Jane is a highly dramatic figure with both beauty and character suitable for a Greek tragedy like Electra or Jane in  Jane Eyre. Thank you Jan, why didn't I think of this before? always ask another before you buy! Now I only have to find a suitable Mr. Rochester.

The default render with Jarita hair looks like a classical painting by Bouguereau...

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 12:48 AM · edited Sun, 07 July 2013 at 12:48 AM

Quote -> Quote - (And yes, Jan, modo is the best thing that happened to 3D, IMO.  It takes a while to learn, because it is different, but different for a very good reason.  It was no small coincidence that it was used to model Dawn.)

You're kidding!!!  I honestly did not know that!  I discovered Modo through a tutorial pdf, decided Silo was close enough, and stuck with Silo for awhile.  But Silo isn't being upgraded, so I decided to test drive Modo 701 for 30 days.  I love it.  :-)  It is fabulous.  Great tutorials at Luxology, too!

So Modo was used to model Dawn, huh?  I knew the universe was pushing me in Modo's direction.  :-)  (BTW, I posted a note about an upcoming sale in the Modo forum here at Rendo, if anyone else is interested.)

I would try the demo before I bought a app.
Some App's will just click with you better then others.
Some App's are better at certain things.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 1:47 AM

Quote - > Quote - Exactly.  Some people love recreating real people and objects, others prefer to create what ifs.

Personally, I prefer creating what ifs.  I don't recreate a specific person, but create one that is representative of the people around me or in paintings/photos/film/tv or what I imagine a fantasy/otherworldly figure to look like.

This is really beautifully put, and is my take on it also. :)

It's possible enough to create 'clones' of really real people in this medium. It's also possible to make depictions of things that aren't, or could not be. Personally, I find the ability to depict the latter pretty dang valuable artistically! If we as human beings weren't interested in idealized forms or 'impossible' beauty from time to time, we probably wouldn't have half the use for photoshop that we do in realms far beyond this medium. ;) (Though I'm also in agreement that the 'buy my product and you, too, can be impossible in real life!' grinds my nerves camp.)

Something I hear in art school from high llama artist teachers very often is that 'you can only push reality so much', you can push imagination a lot more.
Another thing that everyone is learning is that in order to succesfully push reality intop imagination, you have to become pretty darn skilled in realistic depiction first.

Once you can depict realisam well can you start learning how to twist reality and make something interesting on demand - which is what working artists and illustrators have to do, rather then just by accidenttal discovery. While accidental discovery is very valuable, a working artist needs more then that in their toolbox of skills.

As for preferences, I like things that present a bit of a challenge, regardles of the genre... and some genre and techniques present more of a challenge then others - mostly because of my current skillset.

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 2:00 AM

I wish I could have taken art lessons in school.... you guys who got to study art, you sound so nifty professional, I can't really do more than say, "gee, this looks good... cuz... well... hmm. Just does!" :P

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 2:17 AM · edited Sun, 07 July 2013 at 2:28 AM

Quote - I wish I could have taken art lessons in school.... you guys who got to study art, you sound so nifty professional, I can't really do more than say, "gee, this looks good... cuz... well... hmm. Just does!" :P

I just finished my freshman year..... there is so much more to learn. I felt very odd going back to school at 43 years old, but man, I looove it now.  The only thing is, I'm starting to talk like a college freshman, cause that os who I hang out with in school.
kitteh giggles like crazy  
I never do things in a normal way.
shrug

I am sooo glad that I decided to bite the bullet and do it.

Quote - I wish I could have taken art lessons in school.... you guys who got to study art, you sound so nifty professional, I can't really do more than say, "gee, this looks good... cuz... well... hmm. Just does!" :P

I hear ya, TOTALLY! That was my approach till last year.   

...anyway... sorry I digressed....

___

HiveWireChris ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 2:48 AM

file_495939.JPG

Hey there folks. Thought I'd show a few images of some morphs that didn't make the cut for Dawn. They were fun to create though.

That Modo does some amazing stuff. I love the sculpting tools. So fun to create with them.

HiveWireChris ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 2:49 AM

file_495940.JPG

Kinda fun. No?

HiveWireChris ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 2:50 AM

file_495941.JPG

Still another.

HiveWireChris ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 2:51 AM

file_495942.JPG

And one more.

HiveWireChris ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 2:52 AM

Dawn's mesh is quite versatile in my view.

Exciting time are upon us!

vintorix ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 3:00 AM

Chris will you behave or I tell your mama!

HiveWireChris ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 3:05 AM

file_495943.JPG

Okay, I found one more rejected morph. Still fun to share.

Off to bed.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 4:37 AM

Hi all, a quick question for Studio users:-

Does Studio still use the Content folder before the Runtime folder:-

EG. ContentRuntimeLibraries etc.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

vintorix ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 4:45 AM

Yes and you can still call it that but the default name is now "My Library"

Zev0 ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 4:58 AM · edited Sun, 07 July 2013 at 5:04 AM

Quote - Yes and you can still call it that but the default name is now "My Library"

It's not called my library by default. Content from "My Library" must be dragged into the root content folder named when you install studio. Most people end up with C:/Daz Libary (if thats what you called the content folder) and then C:/Daz Library/My Library essentially making a library within a library. The correct way is to take all contents from "My Library" And move them to the root folder. EG content from C:/Daz library/My Library/data should be moved to C:/Daz library/data. Same with runtime and any other folders within "My Library" But rendo requires you to save content that way but fail to mention that the content should be moved into the root folder.

My Renderosity Store

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 5:10 AM

My computer still follows the content runtime setup, except that it is called 'DS4' now... and my program is on the C drive and the content is on the D drive (for necessity of space).  So my content is all in D:/DS4/runtime/etc.

DS4 holding all the daz related stuff above the runtime, such as data and so on.  

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 5:13 AM

Quote - Hey there folks. Thought I'd show a few images of some morphs that didn't make the cut for Dawn. They were fun to create though.

That Modo does some amazing stuff. I love the sculpting tools. So fun to create with them.

ROFL, I almost chimed in saying, nooo, you're not supposed to show unauthorized previes... till I realized who was posting them.....     Oooops!
kitteh laughing at herself

___

ointment ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 5:19 AM

Quote - > Quote - Yes and you can still call it that but the default name is now "My Library"

It's not called my library by default. Content from "My Library" must be dragged into the root content folder named when you install studio. Most people end up with C:/Daz Libary (if thats what you called the content folder) and then C:/Daz Library/My Library essentially making a library within a library. The correct way is to take all contents from "My Library" And move them to the root folder. EG content from C:/Daz library/My Library/data should be moved to C:/Daz library/data. Same with runtime and any other folders within "My Library" But rendo requires you to save content that way but fail to mention that the content should be moved into the root folder.

Really? When I set up Daz it set up a a My Library folder by default so I have Daz 3d/Studio/My library for content. I don't have this C/ Daz library thing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.