Fri, Oct 4, 1:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:00 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 5:41 PM

Oooh I stopped getting alerts from teh thread! and here i was thinking, "what,e veryone so partied out they didn't post??" LOL

And HI REDMYSTIC!!!! waves welcome to party :)

matrix03 ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 6:37 PM

and since we're on the subject of all things goth how about some really cool outfits and jewelry for Dawn like this?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7dptiWHGx1qjvmhwo1_500.jpg

DreamerZ_Loft ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 7:36 PM

Quote - Thanks for the info Jan, but I have got to kill most of this project due to things I have found not working!!! Grrrrrr!!!

Well, it's all practice.

I have my base start for the project, so it's jus ta matter of going back and redoing things.

Probably not today as I have day 2 of webinar to do.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Well darn! :(  At least you'll know where to find the script when you need it again, it saves a ton of extra time getting things done. :)

Jan

Fringewood ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 7:42 PM

Quote - Oooh I stopped getting alerts from teh thread! and here i was thinking, "what,e veryone so partied out they didn't post??" LOL

And HI REDMYSTIC!!!! waves welcome to party :)

I am.  I slept all day, and my fingers hurt from playing music for too long.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 8:14 PM

[quote

I do transition era , but my layout is still the Great Pink Plains. Here are some pictures...

http://www.trainboard.com/railimages/showgallery.php/ppuser/1966/cat/500/page/1

I used Heislers, Climax, Shay, one American 4-4-0.  Logging landing mostly, set in the upper midwest.  Eyes went bad, that stopped too.  Never took pics, it didn't stay the same long enough.  Got a lot of lokeys that I never used, but "the price was right".  Don't know why I bought a Rivarosi Big Boy, but it's still in the box.  I'd buy a plastic kit, use the parts for templates, made all the buildings from milled or scribed sheeting.  They're here somewhere, but like everything else, might take me a couple days to find.  Somewhere I've got a Ken Kidder plantation, a couple of them, but where, I don't know right off hand.  Someday I'll get it down again, probably just look at it though.  Can't build anymore.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 10:46 PM

file_496020.jpg

Jan

You are an inspiration! I think I'm going to see about making some full body morphs of M4 and see how close I can get to that fellow's amazing (Photoshopped?) build.

Meanwhile, my poor Pale Demon Girl is feeling sadder that another Day has NOT Dawned! In fact her whole face changed to reflect her feelings. :-)

You did good!  :-)  Now, don't forget French Fries and pancakes and syrup -- and a batch of fried green tomatoes to top everything off.  Whee -- somebody's gonna need some Pepto!  :-)))

Those are fantastic screenshots of Dawn.  Her face is awesome!  The body is great, too, but that face is enchanting. :-)

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 10:54 PM

Quote - Jan19 : I'm glad ya liken Modo.
I'm sure anything borned from LW would half to be wicked kool.
Just don't want to mislead anyone .Currently Modo is not in RorrKonn's 2013 pipeline.
Ya never know about 2014.

paganeagle2001 : Since where talking about pipelines.
I would like to congratulate you on growing your pipeline to inclued Poser and DAZ Studio.
The CGI universe is the limit.

I used to be a 'waver.  :-)  Until V10...I hated V10.  Stuck with 9.6 rather than use it, then switched to Silo.  Modo's my favorite polygon modeler, so far.  As I said earlier, like Silo, ALL revved up.  :-)  I can understand why Modo was used to model all those figures -- and Dawn.

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2013 at 10:56 PM · edited Sun, 07 July 2013 at 10:57 PM

I agree with the "give us some Goth" posts.  :-)  I love Goth!

A Goth Dawn would be great. 

Edit:  With piercers!

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 1:56 AM

Quote - and since we're on the subject of all things goth how about some really cool outfits and jewelry for Dawn like this?

Gosh yes! I love this outfit! :D

icandy265 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:56 AM

Quote - and since we're on the subject of all things goth how about some really cool outfits and jewelry for Dawn like this?

I completely agree, I want something like that as well

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 6:04 AM

The question is, how many ex of this dress will appear next month then when Dawn is released?

?

dragonsfirenh ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 6:25 AM

Attached Link: More Pics

file_496033.jpg

Something I have always wanted and maybe Dawn can finally bring it to light :P

Love a texture set based on Valeria from the Conan movie. I have tried to make it a bunch of times and fail trying to get it to wrap the char correctly, but I am sure you all can do it. 

gloomy007 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 6:47 AM

I second the montion :D

I read till page 50, and got lost in the tread, but have to say I really cannot wait to have Dawn in my runtime :)

DAZ Studio Coordinator.

You can contact me in english.

Jij kan mij berichtje sturen in Nederlands,

Mozesz sie ze mna skontaktowac po Polsku

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 7:43 AM

I hope someone makes that outfit, very nice!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

FaeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 7:43 AM

I've been lurking on this thread for some time now.  I'm absolutely jumping in my seat everytime I see something new.  Those arms are fabulous, her out of the box shape and face are gorgeous.  The renders from the FB page are making me drool, especially the ability to create cute smiles and realistic puckering lips!  Her eyes look fantastic, so real!

I have been disappointed by some of the other independent characters I've bought, but this one seems the real deal!  Can't wait to have her!!!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 7:44 AM · edited Mon, 08 July 2013 at 7:45 AM

What I would like to see is a whole range of styles, so tha teveryone has something to enjoy.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 7:45 AM

Hopefully the HiveWire3D team will give us some more nice pics later on.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 8:22 AM

Quote - My problem is when people (who want my money) insist their idealized/sexualized version of a female is what I should aspire to look like.  And if I have to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars for surgeries and diets and products to mask imperfections (even at the expense of my health) to get there ... all the better.

We're artists, damn it, not scientists (mad or otherwise) 😉

Laurie

Frankly, I've never undersrtood he female obsession with obtainin "perfection", especially when so many people differ on what it is. I mean, it happens, but it's rare to see a man obsessed with looking like a comic book superhero, yet women freak out if some one draws Wonder Woman with big boobs. I just don't get it.

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 8:28 AM

In a culture where men often value a woman more for her looks than her work ability... where a woman is told "come to work wearing makeup and pretty clothes" and men don't have to do anything special, looks wise.... studies show that women who are more physically attractive get more job offers, better treatment, etc....

its a bit sad, and i know, its not like that every where, and not e very guy is like that... but its also true that women also tend to judge other women pretty harshly too. I've been told that NOT wearing makeup to work is highly unprofessional.  

There's a lot of pressure out there for  women to be "perfect" despite the varying definitions of it. 

That aside, I love Dawn, can't wait to see more.... she's "perfect" to me! :) So excited to see what other "perfect' shapes she can have :P 

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 8:49 AM
Online Now!

Quote - There's a lot of pressure out there for  women to be "perfect" despite the varying definitions of it.

Yup.  In social currency, men are supposed to have wealth and power, women youth and attractiveness.

An old, ugly, fat man can still get any woman he wants if he's rich and powerful.  The same does not hold true for women, no matter how much money or power they have. 

As for the Goth outfit...I like it, but I am so tired of the bare-shoulder look that seems to be almost the Poser default.  Is it because it's hard to avoid poke-through on shoulders or what?  So many Poser dresses have long sleeves that are not attached to the rest of the dress.  How often do you see that in real life?  I know, it's fantasy, but still...there are so many bared-shoulder dresses already.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 8:56 AM

Quote - > Quote - There's a lot of pressure out there for  women to be "perfect" despite the varying definitions of it.

Yup.  In social currency, men are supposed to have wealth and power, women youth and attractiveness.

An old, ugly, fat man can still get any woman he wants if he's rich and powerful.  The same does not hold true for women, no matter how much money or power they have. 

I'd love to marry wealthy, but it's frowned upon for men to do something like that. So ever a filthy rich woman wants to marry someone richer than she is.

RawArt ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 9:03 AM

Quote - > Quote - There's a lot of pressure out there for  women to be "perfect" despite the varying definitions of it.

So thats where I went wrong....I was just born too pretty to make it in this world.

59Burst ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 9:21 AM · edited Mon, 08 July 2013 at 9:24 AM

That's all part of our hard-wiring.  Men want to impregnate women who look like they can produce healthy offspring, so youth is the ideal.  Women have to bear the burden of birth and rearing, so they are looking for a man who has access to resources.  Of course, these subconscious trends often combine with other traits to produce the wide and kooky palette of human behavior. Dawn will wind up reflecting many of our odd views of life.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 9:41 AM
Online Now!

Quote - That's all part of our hard-wiring.  Men want to impregnate women who look like they can produce healthy offspring, so youth is the ideal.  Women have to bear the burden of birth and rearing, so they are looking for a man who has access to resources.  Of course, these subconscious trends often combine with other traits to produce the wide and kooky palette of human behavior.

Yes, I'd guess it's at least partly an outgrowth of human menopause.  (Most animals do not have menopause.  Some highly social animals like whales do, but most do not.)

Among chimps, older females are highly preferred to young ones, because they are just as fertile, if not more so, and have the expertise to be good mothers.  Males will ignore young females if an older one is around.

I sometimes wonder what it would be like if humans had that pattern. Imagine a world where Kate Upton can't get anyone to look at her, while males of all ages flock around Hillary Clinton.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 9:47 AM

Quote - I sometimes wonder what it would be like if humans had that pattern. Imagine a world where Kate Upton can't get anyone to look at her, while males of all ages flock around Hillary Clinton.

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

adelightfuldeb ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 9:52 AM

Quote -

LOL.. me too

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 9:53 AM

Quote - The question is, how many ex of this dress will appear next month then when Dawn is released?

?

No exact replicas, I hope, or someone will be in hot water.  ;-)  But you're right...we'll probably see 12 different goth outfits pop up -- I may even make me one! :-)))

I surely hope Dawn's boning setup lends itself to relatively stress-free rigging.  I love another new little figure, and made a dress for her, but I could never -- no matter what I did -- get the sleeves to conform to her arms properly.  Every other body part of my dress worked fine...the arms always poked thru somewhere, no matter how much I adjusted the jps.  It was inexplicable.  So I gave up.

That's one of V4's strengths.  She is so easy to model and rig for.  Since Dawn was built by the same people -- is that right? -- I hope the same will apply to her. :-)  

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 9:56 AM

file_496044.jpg

> Quote - > Quote - I sometimes wonder what it would be like if humans had that pattern. Imagine a world where Kate Upton can't get anyone to look at her, while males of all ages flock around Hillary Clinton. > > > >   > > I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.![](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/art/emoticons/tongue1.gif)

She was cute back in the Day...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 10:10 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - I sometimes wonder what it would be like if humans had that pattern. Imagine a world where Kate Upton can't get anyone to look at her, while males of all ages flock around Hillary Clinton.

She was cute back in the Day...

Wow, I never knew she was that good looking.  I'd heard she was, but never seen proof. 

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 10:18 AM

Quote - Wow, I never knew she was that good looking.  I'd heard she was, but never seen proof. 

Perhaps someone will do a morph for Dawn of young Hillary... 😄

(trying to nudge this back on topic 😉)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 10:26 AM · edited Mon, 08 July 2013 at 10:32 AM

Or a Kat Von D one?

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 10:32 AM

Quote - My rules for doing a Dev kit, and I've done enough!! Lol.

Zero figure with NO IK on, Zero all zoint rotations.

Remove materials.

Remove magnets.

Remove morphs (BIG ONE THIS!!! Copyright can bite you in the butt!!)

You will be suprised at how much that will strip out of a figure.

So. yes an official dev rig is required, it's something I always ask for with a new figure.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

So ive looked at dev rig input in addition to the quote above...Some have mentioned No IK at all, and no weights? Im thinking the weights should help avoid re-rigging. Any absolute musts for the dev rig besides what is listed above and no IK?

Thanks!

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 10:39 AM

Im thinking no geometry calls, no weld statements either.

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 10:45 AM

So. yes an official dev rig is required, it's something I always ask for with a new figure.

A good, accurate one, too -- please!!!  :-)

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 10:48 AM

another fun render from one of our testers (DAZ Studio default render)

Dawn lara croft

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 10:49 AM

Please let me know what you folks need in your dev rig. Im stripping the info now, so here is your chance to give input! :D

Strixowl ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 10:52 AM

Very nice pic. WoW and default DS shaders :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 11:02 AM

Fantastic! :)

Laurie

Sassywench ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 11:04 AM

Dawn looks super in DS! Thanks Steve! :)

"Own the Day"

*Live*Laugh*Love*Dream*Believe*

DS user since the first alpha :)

Poser user through P5

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 11:07 AM

Quote - Im thinking no geometry calls, no weld statements either.

Mostly it is just the skeleton with skeletom related erc left in. Stuff that allows you to do a copyright and technicallt clean comformer.

No gemetry and its related morphs, code details or erc, no weight center, no ik, no material info.

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 11:16 AM

Just as Connie said about the dev rig.

Love the render!!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 11:30 AM

So this is what I have...

no Mats

no IK 

no figureResFile

empty geometry section actors...ie no storageOffset or geomHandlerGeom.

no erc 

no morphs 

zeroed and memorized joint rotations.

im not sure what you mean by weight center...

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 11:38 AM

Quote - another fun render from one of our testers (DAZ Studio default render)

Dawn lara croft

Oh that is just GORGEOUS!!! just the kind of teaser we're all begging for!!! :D please keep 'em coming!

Faerydae ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 12:03 PM

Looks great!!! Now that the contet developers have her, maybe we will be getting some teases from them s**n too.

adelightfuldeb ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 12:30 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I'm LOVING that render!! Squeeeeeeeeeeee

Sooo can't wait to play with this character! You have all done an amazing job and I for one am very appreciative of all the hard work you are putting into it to give us another outlet for our passions!!!

Red 

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 12:37 PM

Oh my, Genesis clothing I see (shorts & gun)... is this a custom conversion for Dawn or is there the prospect of using existing outfits?

Quote - > Quote - another fun render from one of our testers (DAZ Studio default render)

Dawn lara croft

Oh that is just GORGEOUS!!! just the kind of teaser we're all begging for!!! :D please keep 'em coming!

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 12:41 PM

I think that proves Dawn works in Studio!! Lol.

See, both Poser and Studio users can have fun together with Dawn.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

false1 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 12:55 PM

Quote - another fun render from one of our testers (DAZ Studio default render)

Dawn lara croft

I really like those arms. That's where alot of the older figures fall short in my opinion. Especially the SM figures. I'd like to see how they look with the elbows bent more (probably on page ?? of this enormous thread).

Just to refresh my memory, what will Dawn bring to the table for DS users that they can't already get with V5 or V6?

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 12:57 PM

Choice!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 1:06 PM

Okay cupcakes, we got a release date!

From Hivewire's Facebook page:

"On August 9, 2013, Dawn will be released to the public at www.hivewire3d.com, with supporting content for Dawn released simultaneously in the marketplaces at Poser World, Renderosity, RuntimeDNA, and YURdigital."

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.