Mon, Sep 9, 3:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 8:14 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

Kerya ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 7:06 AM

Now I had to find ostrogoths ... I want that ladys outfit:

http://www.yeniansiklopedi.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ostrogoths-germenler.jpg

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 7:20 AM

Oh, I like that visual!

Quote - I fear when I hear "Goths" I think "visigoths" and "ostrigoths".  Must be the mideaval recreationist in me.  This conversation has given me a completely irreverent (to both sides) image of a deathly pale Dawn in dramatic black and red make up wealding a Zweihander dressed in early period germanic armor.

Burning within each of us are Fires of Creativity

Satira Capriccio

Fringewood ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 7:24 AM

If you're going to do Goth, don't forget the slightly darkened discolorations about the skin, like bruises.   They need to be subtle, as if they're subsurface, but it's intended to add to the unhealthy/dead look, like the early stages of necrosis.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 7:32 AM

HiveWire3D Store tour!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbJnC0BAzy4

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 7:47 AM

Registering at HiveWire 3Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPLmOZnJ1Jo

All the beast.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 7:51 AM

But.... the site is still not open yet!! Lol.

All good things come to those who wait.....

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Kerya ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 8:35 AM

Spotted 3Dmenagerie - Bloodsong's Wee Beasties?

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 8:40 AM

Not 8.00am yet in Utah land, so perhaps a few more hours before the HiveWire3D team give us a bit more info.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

isikol ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 8:40 AM

Steve can you please let me know once more your contact email? Thanks! 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 8:41 AM

I like the "I have already bought" option and how you can take those items out of the list.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

vagabondallen ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 8:43 AM

Quote - Steve can you please let me know once more your contact email? Thanks! 

If you're talking about Hivewire's Steve, it's "Steve @ Hivewire3d.com"

Kerya ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 8:43 AM

Quote - Steve can you please let me know once more your contact email? Thanks! 

As he put it in this thread anyway, I can give it to you

Steve's Kondris email steve @ hivewire3d.com

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 8:44 AM

I also like how you can name your own wishlists, just little things I know, but it sure does make things easier.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 8:46 AM

Yep, just take out the spaces and the email address is ready to go.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

velvetsanity ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 9:01 AM

Quote - Okay, how's this?

Skin tone looks good.  Darken the hair, change the lipstick to a dark crimson, and you'll be closer to a real goth. Don't think vampire, don't think marilyn manson and definitely don't think suicidal/depressed emo kid.

Try more Bauhaus, Cruxshadows, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure, Rasputina...

a dash of finding the beauty in the macabre, a pinch of the light within the darkness, a touch of victoriana...

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 9:51 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Anyways I was thinking of Alice Copper who might be the orginal something like Goth.

I'm not saying Coppers Goth but maybe influenced the look n life style.

I think of the move "The Crow" as something like Goth not a Goth movie but something like Goth.

And one of the best movie I've ever seen that cault the spirit of city life for the not rich.

All surounded buy drugs sex and violence.

The rich can play at Goth but there's a differanc at playing a character and living the life.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 10:13 AM · edited Tue, 16 July 2013 at 10:14 AM

HIVEWIRE3D STORE IS NOW LIVE!!!!!!!

http://hivewire3d.com/

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

velvetsanity ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 10:17 AM

Nah.  Alice Cooper's not goth at all.  He's more the godfather of shock rock (and the inspiration for Marilyn Manson, who's anything but goth).  Goth has its primary roots in punk, actually, with a touch of glam on the side and evolved from there, incorporating elements of the New Romantic movement.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 10:32 AM · edited Tue, 16 July 2013 at 10:42 AM

Quote - HIVEWIRE3D STORE IS NOW LIVE!!!!!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Coolies looking now..

Well I have signed up and everything now we wait. :)  I like how you get started on rewards points. :)

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 10:50 AM

Great Uncle LROG will be there, as you said, just waiting now..... lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

ghosty12 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 10:55 AM

You will find me on the forums as Ghostrider. :)

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 10:57 AM

Go to Profile and then Customise!!! You can change everything!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 10:57 AM

Quote - > Quote - ... I wonder if they're still tweaking Dawn, or if they have a final version that the vendors are working around, to model their clothing.  Her release is only about 3 weeks away!  :-)

Afrodite-Ohki Posted Mon, Jul 15, 2013 6:31 pm
Be sure you got the latest version of Dawn though ;)

So they're still working.  :-)  Ok, thank you, kerya.

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:02 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - It's because you're special, Jan ... the nice kind of special.

Thank you very much.  :-)  That's very kind, and I appreciate it.

**Dunno about kind but I do know about honest.  We've talked before on another site although long enough ago you probably don't remember. 

Quote - Ha...I told my mother the theories behind my strange eye, and all she said was, "thank goodness, there turned out to be only one of you."  (The twin thing is fascinating, in a macabre way.)

**Oh, I don't know ... "Double your pleasure, double your fun ... "

Quote - This thread grew three pages, in 12 hrs!  :ohmy:

Interest in Dawn is obviously not flagging. 😄

I don't think it's going to either, not for a while.  Despite a few nay-sayers (2% of any group won't "get the word."), this is a new character developed by some of the Old Masters that both sides can agree and work together on.  I suspect both big houses will take a "not invented here" approach until they see how well Dawn is received in the community.  With Rendo & RDNA behind her as well as some top names in content creation it will be difficult for them not to take public notice and possibly even do the "me too!" thing in support sometime in the future.  The fact that some of those content creators have worked with them in the past may also be an interesting factor.

Quote - My type is messing up.

I don't think anyone takes off points for typos etc.  :-)

Oh, so we knew each other in a previous life?  :-)  Well, hello, again.

As for interest...mine isn't flagging.  I'm SO glad to see Dawn.  I hope I can contribute to her period-style wardrobe.  :-)  And REALLY looking forward to seeing the characters created for her.  Character junkie here.

I'm glad nobody takes points off for typos, or I'd be disbarred already.  ;-)

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:08 AM

Thanks, LROG, for the heads up!  :-)

Are we moving to the HW forum, now?

Quote - Anyways I was thinking of Alice Copper who might be the orginal something like Goth. I'm not saying Coppers Goth but maybe influenced the look n life style.

Alice Cooper rocks!  I've got one of his cds...and was delighted to see him resurrected in Dark Shadows.  "Ugliest woman I've ever seen."  Ha.

Would Angie/Angelique on DS qualify as Goth?  She's mighty pale.

Cimaira ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:10 AM

OK, quick question about the forum, is that a separate registration? 

I tried to log in using my store registration and got the "invalid" error ;(

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:10 AM

Quote - > Quote -

Woot. Are we all allowed to use those? -

Yes, they're available for anyone to use for any project, doesn't have to be Dawn related.

And if anyone needs any other of the texture packages as merchant resources, ask.  I can change the EULA.  For now, they are available for rendering projects, personal or commercial, as they always have been, so you can at least play with them to see if they work for you.  Just be warned that I'm about to take off for a camping trip and will be out of touch for a few days.  But it gives you time to play.

You're so kind. Thank you very much!

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:13 AM

Quote - OK, quick question about the forum, is that a separate registration? 

Tis separate login details drom within your main.

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:14 AM · edited Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:15 AM

Quote - OK, quick question about the forum, is that a separate registration? 

It is... but within the store account settings you can link your forum account to your store account.

You'll also notice that there is a public chat within the forums

Songbird ReMix

Cimaira ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:17 AM

Thanks ghosty12 & KenG, I found it :)

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:23 AM

Quote - First attempt at Gothic. My roommate says the white face isn't white enough. Which I can fix, I was being conservative. But I do have a question for those that want a Goth look. Do you want only the white face, or do you want the body also to be whitish????

The white face is mostly a photography thing - not every goth is that white, and painting just the face white while the rest of your body is darker looks just ridiculous. I'd say just a tone lighter in the face and the black makeup is fine. That one looks good. ;)

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Mazak ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:37 AM

We already crashed the server... ^^

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:38 AM

Quite a few goths I have seen do go for the all over white look.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

ghosty12 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:39 AM · edited Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:40 AM

Yeah the server did a China Syndrome. :(

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:39 AM

We already crashed the server...

That's because we are so eager!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:40 AM

Yeah they had a China Syndrome over there already

What!!! They couldn't choose what pattern for the plates!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:40 AM

Okay, why did you have to have a discussion about goth style while I was asleep? LOL

I dated a goth guy back then and I dealt with a lot of such people. What you're describing is mostly what they'd call "poseurs": those who pretend to be goths just for show.

There's goth lifestyle, goth fashion, goth music, goth art etc. People can choose to follow just one, or all:

The lifestyle is about respecting death and enjoying life. Carpe Noctem, he thaught me, enjoy the night. Some are introspecting and mysterious, enjoying to read (think Byron) and to philosophy about what we're to become, others like to simply enjoy. Pleasure is a goal, but not to be forcefully taken: they tend to be respectful towards others. If you see someone who claims to be a goth but wrecks a cemetery, he's a poseur, disrespecting death. If you see someone who's sad about really sad things, ok, but someone who's sad about idiotic things like my nail just got broken, he's most likely emo, those love to claim they're goths.

Goth fashion can be quite variable. There's renaissance goth (think classy vampire fashion!), fetish goth (corsets, latex and cuffs oh my!), cyber goth (decadent and technologic combined)... The thing you're saying about being as white as it gets and with black all over? Yep, most often a poseur thing.

Goth music's been mentioned, but I add to that: there's things like doom metal, which I love (like Haggard which is a basically orchestra band and sings of things like condemning the Inquisition and such), and new age (which I also love and is soft and lyrical and romantic and full of magic).

Goth art is an ode to where life meets death, it can be from a maiden's mourning over the death of her lover, to the grotesque of fetishing over horror.

Nothing wrong with "goth makeup" for Poser/DS being poseurish stuff, but if you wanna go actual goth, you don't need to limit yourself so much, be creative. Give me a moment, I'm gonna pull some references :)

- - - - - - 

ghosty12 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:41 AM

Yeah lol though just as well they found out now.. :)

velvetsanity ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:55 AM

AO, thank you for explaining what I couldn't...(I've never been very good at that sort of thing.  understanding, yes.  explaining?  not to save my life)

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:58 AM

Goth references: (just linking so I won't flood the thread. Some have nudity, I'll warn which)

(nudity) http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/114/3/e/Apnea_by_chadmichaelward.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/114/d/4/Apnea_in_Prfct_Pineapples_by_chadmichaelward.jpg

(kinda nudity) http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/035/d/f/Lithium_Picnic_Latex_by_AdrianneAnderson.jpg

(nudity) http://fc07.deviantart.net/images2/i/2004/08/b/9/fetish_bride.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/131/2/c/domiana.jpg

(nudity) http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs42/f/2009/085/8/a/part_of_zivity_set_by_xxLaloxx.jpg

(nudity) http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs11/f/2007/120/5/f/See_No_Evil_by_lithiumpicnic.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs27/f/2008/034/8/9/The_Zyryel__s_Purple_Moulin_by_Nothingincontrol.jpg

(nudity) http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs27/f/2008/106/c/1/Inked_Magazine_Ad_by_lithiumpicnic.jpg

(male-nipple-nudity xD) http://fc01.deviantart.net/images/i/2002/31/b/e/The_Devil_May_Care.jpg

http://fc00.deviantart.net/images/i/2002/48/9/8/Jeirehneen.jpg

(remember I mentioned life meets death?) http://fc00.deviantart.net/images/large/indyart/fantasy/The_melody_of_your_demise.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/images/i/2003/45/b/c/Game_of_cards.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/images/i/2003/49/1/b/Calamity_of_Touch.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/images2/i/2004/02/e/6/Layers_of_beauty.jpg

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs10/i/2006/101/0/4/Hajieelkhe_by_enayla.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs6/i/2005/108/9/d/Into_Your_Eyes_by_enayla.jpg

http://fc06.deviantart.net/images2/i/2004/04/a/d/Euthanasia.jpg

(some nice makeup styles for the eyes) http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lksakcnpiK1qjgnf7o1_500.jpg

(you're not required to have pale skin) http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/12/4/1354625268684/Woman-with-black-lipstick-008.jpg

Here are a few stores that sell clothes and accessories in the style:

http://www.galleryserpentine.com/

http://heavyred.com/

http://www.moonmaiden-gothic-clothing.co.uk/

http://www.morganafemmecouture.com/mfc07/philosophy.htm

http://www.noctifer.de/index3.html

http://www.spookyboutique.com/shop.shtml

If you search for "goth" or "gothic", most things you'll find are the things by teens who want to be in. Try searching for "couture" instead. ;)

- - - - - - 

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 12:34 PM

Since y'all broke Hivewire before I was able to get there, are we able to flag products as "I have already bought" when we purchased the product elsewhere?

Quote - I like the "I have already bought" option and how you can take those items out of the list. All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

I am impressed by the Hivewire store (based on the video) since it's broken :(  

It's got features I've wanted for like ... forever.  Like ... excluding already purchased products and customizable wishlists.  Makes me think Magento might actually be able to provide a functional store geared toward customer's needs.  The points system sounds rather cool.  Too bad I only have one birthday a year.  Could senior citizens get double birthday points?  There's gotta be something good about being over half a century old.  (None of these bands/groups even existed when I was a teen!  But we did have the Beatles.  and everything came from the Beatles 😉)

I didn't notice, but will there be sale end dates?

Burning within each of us are Fires of Creativity

Satira Capriccio

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 12:50 PM

Not sure about the I have bought it elsewhere, it may only be for the new site.

Yep, we broke it by jumping up and down on the new furniture!!! LOL.

Naughty us!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 12:50 PM

Quote - Since y'all broke Hivewire before I was able to get there, are we able to flag products as "I have already bought" when we purchased the product elsewhere? > Quote - I like the "I have already bought" option and how you can take those items out of the list.

...I didn't notice, but will there be sale end dates?

There will be probably be several maintenance closures daily over the next week as they find and fix issues that didn't show up in the store during beta testing.

I think the "I've have bought" suggestion is a good one though I think it may be hard to implement based on what I know of the store software.  They’d probably have to manually flag each product in customer’s purchase list which is very time consuming.

And yes... there are "sale ends" dates on the product pages.

Songbird ReMix

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 1:00 PM

Ken said:

Quote - And yes... there are "sale ends" dates on the product pages.

HOORAY!!! And I swear I wasn't the one who broke the new site even though I did jump up and down a lot :)

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

DanaTA ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 1:09 PM

Quote - But.... the site is still not open yet!! Lol.

All good things come to those who wait.....

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

I got an email from Ken Gilliland saying that it's now live.  But it's not.  Did Ken jump the gun?

Dana

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 1:11 PM

Nope, we all jumped on the furniture while having a rave party over there and broke it!!!! Lol.

Hopefully it will be up again in the near future (didn't say the S word!!!) Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

DanaTA ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 1:12 PM

Quote - HIVEWIRE3D STORE IS NOW LIVE!!!!!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Nope, I still get the page that says, "We're not open for business yet!"

Dana

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 1:15 PM

Quote - Nope, I still get the page that says, "We're not open for business yet!"

It was live this morning-- they found some issues, so turned it off to work on them.  It should be up again soon.

Songbird ReMix

ghosty12 ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 1:17 PM

Yeah me, LROG and a few others were having quite a lot of fun and we broke the site. lol

Unfortunately supa glue was not enough to stick it back together. :)

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 1:18 PM

An hour or two ago, I was able to get in and register. I registered for the store and then it offered (not required) that I create a forum account joined to the store account!

I even posted! But it seems they have to approve every post first, which I'm not fond of.

- - - - - - 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.