Fri, Sep 20, 4:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Help a newbie

death ( ) posted Wed, 19 September 2001 at 11:54 PM ยท edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 4:13 AM

Hi all.I'm really new to this poser stuff,so I was wondering if someone could help me find a free good model,most ones I tried were pretty crappy.Also,does anyone know where I can get the auto install utility for poser figure zips,the link here doesn't work. Youri

Kelderek ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2001 at 8:38 AM

Which ones have you tried? The problem is that good models requires a lot of development resources, something that is reflected in the price tag of the resulting products. I doubt that we will ever see models like Michael and Victoria for free. They are simply to costly to develop. That is the simple truth. And frankly, considering the complexity of these models and the amount of work that must have been spent on development, the price is pretty reasonable.

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2001 at 10:08 AM

heyas; good free models: anton's dragon v 1 (wyvern), my swan, debbie's sea lion and clown fish.... hmmmm... oh there's this nice cardinal that emperor ken fixed up... anton's peacock and pleisieosaur... oh oh oh! tbkoen's predator and sixpackwolf/virus' alien. brycetech had a nice lizard/salamander, but i havent tried it yet. dedicated digital did/might again have free models from time to time. daz also, rarely, has a figure for their freebie of the week. now where the heck is all this stuff? i've lost track of the dragon (wyvern), but somebody here knows where it is. anton's other free critters are at props guild. um, what's props guild's url again? me: www.3dmenagerie.com emperor ken: www.empken.com debora: http://home.wmis.net/~dross/ dd: www.dedicateddigital.com daz: www.daz3d.com oh and did i forget scott's dinosaurs and godzilla? d'oh! and i can never spell his site's name right. http://skyscraper.fortunecity.com/tyrell/769/index.html oh that's the old one. www.pixelatious.com if you meant humans, you're outta luck ;)

Questor ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2001 at 10:23 AM

Eve & Azura from MorphWorld. http://morphs.bbay.com/ They're good models, and free too.

death ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2001 at 11:48 AM

thanks a lot guys,i'll be checking em now:)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2001 at 1:58 AM

Oh, and dismissing most of what you found as crappy isn't going to win you friends around here. Many people put their first efforts into free stuff as they learn and try to give something back to the community. Many others continue to give freebies even after they are quite professional and selling their products. Remember also that lighting and texturing and posing make a lot of difference. Some folks are wonderful modelers, but it takes more than that to make a compelling image. Carolly

death ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2001 at 1:56 PM

Perhaps I should have said it differently,what I wanted was just a bunch of models that weren't that hard to use,didn't mean to insult anyone or something.I do feel this is a cool community with people ready to help.... Youri

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.