Fri, Oct 4, 3:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:00 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 6:12 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2013 at 6:14 PM

What exactly were you expecting for free???

If you want more options get the Starter morphs

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 6:28 PM

Dang.  That's a great price for so many complete outfits.  I will definitely be making a purchase at the RMP tonight - just gotta go through the entire Dawn section and see what else I want.

I did buy the starter moprhs at Hivewire, but I'd love more. Like RDNA and Capsces has done for other characters.  Willing to pay, for sure.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 6:30 PM

Oh I'm sure more morphs will appear!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

nakamuram ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 6:46 PM

Quote - By popular demand, here is a tutorial:

Make a V4 Clone for Dawn

This is wonderful 3D Outlaw!!  Can you post your v4 pose settings as a .duf, please?  I guess the same technique can be used for Genesis 1 & 2, V3, and any other characters.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 6:55 PM
Site Admin

Give the content time. Dawn only came out yesterday. It takes time for things to get made and get things through the quality assurance at the sites. And if it was to be sold at Hivewire, it may take even longer where they are having server/store issues.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 7:29 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2013 at 7:30 PM

Quote - This is wonderful 3D Outlaw!!  Can you post your v4 pose settings as a .duf, please?  I guess the same technique can be used for Genesis 1 & 2, V3, and any other characters.

Glad you like it!  :)

The settings were not hard to do, move hip in x translation, bend abdomen2, y-scale abdomen2, shoulders back a little, bend thighs, side-side thighs...and then a little tweaking.  The smoothing modifier took care of the rest.

I don't understand the legality of sharing .duf's enough to feel comfortable post a pose preset.  I am sure someone will do it, who knows more than me.  Also, I did not spend any time on the hands/fingers or feet.  So feel free to post a good one if you make one, and I will point to it via the download page I made for the tut!  :)

...and yes, I suppose the same can be done for V3, A3, etc.  The same premise should work, I believe.

Zenrel ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 8:41 PM

I was thinking of getting the Essentials for Dawn, but I'm a Daz user. Anyone who have it on Daz experienced any problems?

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 9:01 PM

Quote - I was thinking of getting the Essentials for Dawn, but I'm a Daz user. Anyone who have it on Daz experienced any problems?

I'm using the starter kit on Dawn with no problems...

Zenrel ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 9:05 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2013 at 9:06 PM

Quote - > Quote - I was thinking of getting the Essentials for Dawn, but I'm a Daz user. Anyone who have it on Daz experienced any problems?

Oh, I was talking about this from Powerage.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=100244

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 9:10 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - I was thinking of getting the Essentials for Dawn, but I'm a Daz user. Anyone who have it on Daz experienced any problems?

Oh, I was talking about this from Powerage.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=100244

sorry...I haven't bought that.  

smallspace ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 10:20 PM

Got Dawn and her morphs. Don't see any "Eye Size", Eye Height", "Eye Width" "Eye Slant", "Forehead Wrinkle" or "Brow Squeeze" morphs. 

I really, really need those morphs. In fact, something on the scale of V4's Morph++ head morphs would do nicely.

Anyone?

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 10:40 PM
Forum Coordinator

Quote - By popular demand, here is a tutorial:

Make a V4 Clone for Dawn

Thank you:) If I get a chance I'll definitely try this out.

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 10:52 PM

Quote - Got Dawn and her morphs. Don't see any "Eye Size", Eye Height", "Eye Width" "Eye Slant", "Forehead Wrinkle" or "Brow Squeeze" morphs. 

I really, really need those morphs. In fact, something on the scale of V4's Morph++ head morphs would do nicely.

Anyone?

I mentioned eye size during testing, but they obviously had their hands full.  I have not heard of anything, but it would sell, so someone is probably working on it  ;-)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 4:21 AM

Certain things were asked for and got into the final release, other things were left out.

If users need something for Dawn, why not pop over to this thread I have started at HW3D:-

Link To Thread

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

ghosty12 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 4:36 AM

Evilinnocence has done and released the Dawn plugin for Crossdresser can find it over at their site..

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 7:07 AM

Looks like they've set up a forum at Hivewire just for product requests, call The Wishlist.

Someone's already asked for advanced morphs:

http://hivewire3d.com/forum/showthread.php?386-Advanced-Morph-Dials

I really hope Hivewire does an "official" face morph pack that lets you do things like change eye size, height, etc.  I will probably buy any morph pack released by anyone, but I think Dawn needs an "official" morph pack.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 7:16 AM

Dawn TT Basics 01 now available in the Free section:-

LINK To Item

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Zenrel ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 7:40 AM

Quote - Looks like they've set up a forum at Hivewire just for product requests, call The Wishlist.

Someone's already asked for advanced morphs:

http://hivewire3d.com/forum/showthread.php?386-Advanced-Morph-Dials

I really hope Hivewire does an "official" face morph pack that lets you do things like change eye size, height, etc.  I will probably buy any morph pack released by anyone, but I think Dawn needs an "official" morph pack.

I'm hoping for Zev0 to produce some Dawn morphs, but I think his plate is full of stuff to do. If I remember of him saying about being behind schedule.

And thanks for more freebies Pagan!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 8:10 AM

The person you need to talk to about morphs is Afrodite-Ohki.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 8:19 AM

file_497146.jpg

I'll let you all know when the other add on sets for the Tank Top appear.

This is one from the Danger set, with the added option for a crop top.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 9:42 AM

Quote - My mind is boggled.  Why "waste $45"?  Dawn is free. No need to buy anything just to "satisfy your curiosity."

I like her.  There are so many Dawn products I hardly know what to buy first.  Any suggestions for good skin textures, that include no-makeup options?

Righto!  :-)  I haven't seen any "living doll' type textures yet, but I've been looking for makeups.

It'll be great to have extra skin textures, but I'm going to play with Dawn's in box texture till the new wears off.  :-)

And oh, yes -- all the beautiful Dawn products!  Makes me feel like a kid in a candy store...being very sensible though.  I think.  ;-)

I'm loving Dawn, too, very much.  No more like...I flatly love the girl.

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 9:46 AM

It'll take 'em time to get add-ons for Dawn.  You can make morphs with Poser 2014's Morph Brush though.  :-)

My email is down, and I'm "not happy, Jan!"  (Aussie commerical)

Thank you for the freebies, LROG!!!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 9:49 AM

OH, I'm waiting for a MR skin to appear!!!!!! Lol.

By the way I've fired a PM off to Oki about morphs, not heard back yet.

But, hoping!!!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 10:34 AM · edited Sun, 11 August 2013 at 10:36 AM

file_497151.jpg

Love your tank top textures!  :-) 

Thanks again.

You did a heck of a job, helping with and promoting Dawn.  You kept my interest alive, while we were waiting.

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 10:41 AM · edited Sun, 11 August 2013 at 10:41 AM

Jeez, I screw up that comment system.  I gave 'em a five, or tried to.  Then my comment choked -- then multiplied!  Can you edit the extras out?

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 10:44 AM

Only the staff can take out the extras. Lol.

Glad you are enjoying the textures, wait for the Trendy and Danger ones to appear!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 10:48 AM

Now I wonder what else I can do for that tank top!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Zenrel ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 11:07 AM

You can try making a set for graphics like that one tank top have with the skulls.

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 11:26 AM

Skulls would be cool.  :-)

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 11:30 AM

Quote - I did buy the starter moprhs at Hivewire, but I'd love more. Like RDNA and Capsces has done for other characters.  Willing to pay, for sure.

Any special requests? ;)

The only reason I didn't start a set for Dawn as I did for Antonia is that HW was promising more morph packs to come soon.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 11:36 AM

Quote - The person you need to talk to about morphs is Afrodite-Ohki.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

<3 well aren't you a sweet, Kiwi! Thanks for remembering me :3

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 11:40 AM

I always remember people who put themselves out and make nice things for others.

All the best.

Great Uncle Bashful!!!!! Lol.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 11:55 AM

file_497154.jpg

I uploaded this dress for Dawn to freestuff a little while ago. A simple hybrid dress for Poser with six fabrics. The bodice conforms. The starter suit that comes with Dawn is wonderful to work with, but I did quite a bit of modelling in Blender too, to have enough vertices in the skirt so that it would drape well.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 11:57 AM

Thank you for suporting Dawn!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 3:54 PM

file_497161.jpg

And also a Poser dynamic hair prop for Dawn - just uploaded to the freestuff approval queue.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Jan19 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 6:09 PM

Lovely dress, Nanette!  :-)  Cool hair, too. 

Alisa ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 9:07 PM

Both lovely-thanks!! 

I so wish that it was easy to convert from Poser Dynamics to DS Dynamic (and vice versa!).

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 9:45 PM

file_497174.jpg

> Quote - It'll be great to have extra skin textures, but I'm going to play with Dawn's in box texture till the new wears off.  :-)

Dawn's default texture is very nice, especially for the price, but I'm not enamored of the Brooke Shields eyebrows.  Just too distinctive. Doesn't look natural with lighter hair colors, and too "plucked," IMO, for fantasy/historical type renders.

I really like 3D Universe's Alexis package at Hivewire.  You get a full body morph, a no-makeup texture suitable for a young girl (or natural woman), a camisole and panties, and a hairstyle.

Render is half Alexis, half default Dawn, with Alexis' texture. Alexis has narrower shoulders than Dawn, which is good if you want to tone down Dawn's shoulders a bit.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 10:09 PM

Quote - Any special requests? ;) The only reason I didn't start a set for Dawn as I did for Antonia is that HW was promising more morph packs to come soon.

I liked the morphs you did for Antonia.  I like to use morphs to make likenesses of actual people, so I use face shaping morphs a lot.  The ones mentioned, like eye size, eye height, eye spacing, eye slant.  Face shaping morphs.  Dawn has a rather thin face, and I would like the option of giving her a rounder face.  Or a face with a less prominent chin.

As mentioned in the thread at Hivewire, separate left and right morphs would be good, especially for expressions.  Poser users can split morphs, but it's an extra step. 

smallspace ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 11:08 PM

Mouth hight, Brows Arch and Slant, Forehead wrinkle, Upper Lid Smooth, Cheeks puff, Cheeks Crease, Cheeks Flex, Snarl (left and right), sneer (left and right), Wink...and no, it's not the same as a blink.

and...................Where the heck are the Visemes?

smallspace ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 11:38 PM · edited Sun, 11 August 2013 at 11:43 PM

Oh my! I didn't expect this...according to my calculations, standing straight up and flat footed, Dawn is 76.2328 inches tall. That's 6 foot 4 and a quarter or 193.631cm for our metric friends.

As best I can tell (her actual head height is a little hard to mesure) her head height is 10 inches (25.4cm) measured from the top of her head to a line intersecting the point of her chin. That means she's 7.6 heads tall...not bad for a poser woman.

If you want to give her a normal 9 inch head, scale her body to 90%. That gives her an overall height of 68.6095 inches (5 foot 8 1/2 inches rounded or 174cm)

If you're like me and like my poser women to have 8 and a half inch heads, that's a body scale of 85% and an overall height of about 64.8 inches (5 foot 4.8 inches or 164.5cm)

BTW: I think we need an easy way to scale her head.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 12:31 AM

IIRC, they said visemes would be in a later morph pack.

smallspace ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 1:05 AM

BTW: her wingspan, fingertip to fingertip stretched is only 95% of her height, so she's got short arms.

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 1:15 AM

Nanette: thank you very much!

As for morphs: I am hoping for Capsces ...

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 3:56 AM

As long as any morphs give me options to make nice Pixie's then I'm happy.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 12:02 PM

Hi folks, sorry about no news about the TT textures, I thought at least another set would have been approved by now.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 1:39 PM

file_497195.jpg

And another hair for Dawn - Poser Dynamic.

I am rather pleased with this hair shader.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 3:03 PM

Evilinnocence has converted some of his free items for Dawn on his site.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 3:35 PM

Quote - > Quote - It'll be great to have extra skin textures, but I'm going to play with Dawn's in box texture till the new wears off.  :-)

Dawn's default texture is very nice, especially for the price, but I'm not enamored of the Brooke Shields eyebrows.  Just too distinctive. Doesn't look natural with lighter hair colors, and too "plucked," IMO, for fantasy/historical type renders.

I really like 3D Universe's Alexis package at Hivewire.  You get a full body morph, a no-makeup texture suitable for a young girl (or natural woman), a camisole and panties, and a hairstyle.

Render is half Alexis, half default Dawn, with Alexis' texture. Alexis has narrower shoulders than Dawn, which is good if you want to tone down Dawn's shoulders a bit.

I've eyed that package and eyed it.  I want to support Dawn and her vendors, and that's a nice package -- my hangup with it is that Alexy looks like a teenager and I'm leery of using teenagers in my renders.  Fine line, when it comes to the seductive look. 

How does the skin work, without the morph?  I guess I could do like you did, and use the skin on Dawn, as she is.  I may give that character another look.  I see the hair comes with the pack.  :-)

Nice render, you may have convinced me on this one.

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 3:53 PM

Then, of course, I had to see OOT's beauty again...sigh...torture.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.