Tue, Sep 24, 2:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 6:54 am)

Subject: Creating a Clone Question

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 6:52 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 12:14 PM

file_497187.jpg

I made a tutorial on how to create a V4 Clone for Dawn, but some folks are having a problem on a certain step where they open the Properties Editor, and pick the Content Type.  On mine, it is as shown, and has a list of modifiers, so I can pick "clone".  On theirs, they just have "None"

Any thoughts on why one would just have None.  One person thought it was related to not having the CMS running.

Thanks for any tips!

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 7:01 AM

Nevermind, I confirmed turning CMS off, I lose those selections

superboomturbo ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 11:19 AM

You know, I've never really tried making clones for any of my characters, but I know how from trying to do other things. Go figure =D . So what all does that do for a char? Is it more for shaping, or can you use any of V4's clothes/morps afterwards? 

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx

Lindsey ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 1:55 PM · edited Mon, 12 August 2013 at 1:57 PM

file_497196.jpg

Making a V4 clone for Dawn as described in 3doutlaw's tutorial, allows you to autofit V4 clothing to Dawn.  I used the instructions and made a Genesis clone shape for Dawn.

Here is Alexis for Dawn wearing left to right Aussie Girl, Sadie dress and Enamore Mage outfits for Genesis.  My autofit clone is not perfect by any means, but with the help of the smoothing modifier feature of DS4.6, it corrected poke through and collision with Genesis and the clothing.  I'm finding not all outfits convert well, but I'm suprised how many do, particularily shoes.  Looks like Dawn will be raiding content closets for a while.

@3doutlaw - Thanks for making your autofit clone creation tutorial, it's very clear and easy to follow.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 1:59 PM

Thank you for the kind words!

BTW, there is an alternative to having the CMS requirement now, updated in the tutorial, thanks to Puntomaus

superboomturbo ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 2:09 PM

I'd thought about going the Genesis clone route after having my own series of issues with Dawn, as I'm not quite ready to bite down on buying another massive runtime of goodies for another figure just yet. I suspect it will come from Dawn's developers eventually, but this is a good fix in the mean time! I'll have to give it a whirl later tonight!

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx

Bejaymac ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 4:22 PM

Quote - I'd thought about going the Genesis clone route after having my own series of issues with Dawn, as I'm not quite ready to bite down on buying another massive runtime of goodies for another figure just yet. I suspect it will come from Dawn's developers eventually, but this is a good fix in the mean time! I'll have to give it a whirl later tonight!

I wouldn't bet on it, DAZ don't allow "shrink wrapping" of their figures, it's seen as a derivative which is against their EULA, sadly "shrink wrapping" is about the only way to get a good clone morph for autofit, so neither HiveWire or anybody else for that matter will risk making and distributing them.

As a result if you want a clone then you have to make it youself and only for your own personal use.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.