Tue, Oct 22, 6:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 8:20 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 4:02 PM

Dawn TT Trendy is now in the free section!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 5:05 PM

file_497210.jpg

> Quote - I've eyed that package and eyed it.  I want to support Dawn and her vendors, and that's a nice package -- my hangup with it is that Alexy looks like a teenager and I'm leery of using teenagers in my renders.  Fine line, when it comes to the seductive look.  How does the skin work, without the morph?  I guess I could do like you did, and use the skin on Dawn, as she is.  I may give that character another look.  I see the hair comes with the pack.  :-)

I love 3D Universe's stuff, but he has a tendency to make things so user-friendly it's a little confining.  There's one pose that applies both Alexis' texture and morph.  You can, however, set the Alexis full body morph to 0, and get Dawn's shape with Alexis' texture.

That's what the attached render is.  Only the texture is Alexis. 

Note that the Alexis texture has no nipples.  I guess Hivewire is following DAZ's lead, and not having nipples on child textures.

Zev0 ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 5:08 PM · edited Mon, 12 August 2013 at 5:10 PM

Charlize, the Genesis2 version of Alexis has nipples on the texture so I think yes it's Hivewires rules. No Genital detail on both, but that is understandable.

My Renderosity Store

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 5:54 PM · edited Mon, 12 August 2013 at 5:57 PM

file_497214.jpg

Thanks for the render, Randy, and for the info -- Randy/Zev0.  :-)  I appreciate it.  I'm trying to be careful and not go nuts.  I know there'll be Dawn stuff on a regular basis now, and I don't want to tap out from the get-go.  These shiny new Dawn items are awesome though.  I put off making a character decision, and decided to go with DM's heels and their prime pose set.  Hallelujah, I renewed my Prime! :biggrin:

Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On.  Does anyone remember that song but me?  :-)

I'm having a hard time doing anything but...play.  Just plain play.  Fun.

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 10:02 PM

Thanks for your new tank textures, LROG!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 12:45 AM

PhilC now has WW2 support for Dawn on his site.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

fonpaolo ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 4:22 AM

Quote - Charlize, the Genesis2 version of Alexis has nipples on the texture so I think yes it's Hivewires rules. No Genital detail on both, but that is understandable.

I can assure you that the original dawn texture has nipples and even if the material or the INJ loads the no nipples version, if you open the texture folder you will find the other complete version.

The faster way is to manually load the other textures in the material room and save them as a new material collection. 😉 

Zev0 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 4:47 AM · edited Tue, 13 August 2013 at 4:48 AM

We are talking about 3d universe characters, not dawn.

My Renderosity Store

fonpaolo ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 4:54 AM

Quote - We are talking about 3d universe characters, not dawn.

I'm talking about the 3D Universe version for Dawn, Alexis.

Zev0 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 4:57 AM

Quote - > Quote - We are talking about 3d universe characters, not dawn.

I'm talking about the 3D Universe version for Dawn, Alexis.

oh lol. You confused me by saying original dawn texture.

My Renderosity Store

fonpaolo ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 6:32 AM

Don't worry, I've written so only to point out that I was speaking of the version for Dawn, not for Genesis.

...but in the end I think I only created more confusion. lol

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 8:43 AM · edited Tue, 13 August 2013 at 8:44 AM

So is everyone confused? 😄  I stay confrused. ;-)

Thanks for the heads up, LROG -- WW.

I hope he's made a template for Obj2Cr2.

fonpaolo ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 9:15 AM · edited Tue, 13 August 2013 at 9:15 AM

I'm not confused, I bought Dawn, Alexis and the morphs.

...well ...Dawn is free. :lol: 

It's almost a year that I don't touch Poser, the reasons are many, the first is the lack of time.

I have to say that I'm satisfied for the investment.

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 9:23 AM

I looked at Alexis for a long time...she is a beauty.  Great investment!  :-)

Something about OOT's Laureen just kept me coming back though.  Once I got her, I realized what the appeal was.

All these beautiful products...the vendors have done a wonderful job, supporting Dawn.  I hope more climb on board.

fonpaolo ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 9:37 AM

In my opinion, at the moment there's a lack of morphs, or maybe we were accustomed too well... :lol:

I'm following Mec4D and her projects, more morphs and characters to come! 😉 

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 10:08 AM

Yes, me, too!  :-)  Mec4D rocks.  Anything Cath does is tip-top.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 11:20 AM · edited Tue, 13 August 2013 at 11:20 AM

file_497243.jpg

Easy for me to make dynamic, a bugger to get the bottom of the dress to do this as conforming.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 11:30 AM

Hi Jan, yep Phil has Dawn in the update part of OBJ2CR2.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 1:02 PM
Forum Coordinator

Ok time for a dingy newbie question lol. What is OBJ2CR2 & what is it used for?

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 1:06 PM

OBJ2CR2 is a plug in for Poser that allows you to take an obj and turn it into a cr2 that can be conformed onto a figure.

I can't post a direct link to it as it is a paid fopr product and we can't dso that in this thread.

But......

You can pop over to PhilC and then check on his site.

Just type in PhilC into google and you will find his site.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 1:07 PM
Forum Coordinator

k-thanks:)

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 4:13 PM · edited Tue, 13 August 2013 at 4:16 PM

Obj2Cr2 is what allows me to make conforming dresses.  :-)  Obj2Cr2 will draw skirt bones and group for you!  Obj2Cr2 is...totally fantastic.  25 bucks, I think -- templates for every figure imaginable.  I've been using it for years, since before it drew skirt bones. :-)

I really appreciate that Dawn template.  Boy, do I ever!

Lovely dress, LROG.  Yes, it looks great, as dynamic. 

Put that gal some hair on!  Give her your wig. :-)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 4:27 PM

So, if I used OBJ2CR2, it would let me make conforming dresses that would add skrt handles?

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 4:12 AM

Hi all, my Dawn TT Danger textures have appeared in the Rendo Free section!!!

Plus TrekkieGirl has posted an option to take off Dawn's long lashes.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 4:38 AM · edited Wed, 14 August 2013 at 4:39 AM

Attached Link: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=stonemjc&PSID=2d5504430ce232135fe1b2978db00980

DigiDotz has done some freebie adjustment morphs for the DS version (sorry, I don't know if they can covert to Poser version easily or not)

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=stonemjc&PSID=2d5504430ce232135fe1b2978db00980

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 7:15 AM

Okay, solved the prob I had with the dress in making it conforming!!

When doing things for V4 and most other characters, you do anything below the hip as a hip group.

But.....

With Dawn, you have to change that Pelvis. Just a little change, but that;s what you need to change the groupings to.

Then make sure you take out the thighsshinsfeettoes via an editor.

That way the bottom of my dress does not move when I bend her thighs.

Now, I can do the adjustments and add morphs for movement etc.

Always learning new stuff!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 7:24 AM · edited Wed, 14 August 2013 at 7:24 AM

file_497265.jpg

The dress as conforming.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Virtual_World ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 8:17 AM

Quote - The dress as conforming.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Looks fantastic!  Excellent job!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 8:23 AM

Thank You, it's abase for me to start with.

The thing is, that I have always stayed away for making conforming dresses, but I think it is time for me to take the plunge and have a go.

If it works, it works, if it doesnn't at least I will learn things while making it.

I've never done handles, so that will be fun! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 9:31 AM

And.....

When I added skirt handles it twonked!!! Lol.

So, I may need to do a try with still using the hip.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Jan19 ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 10:27 AM

Hey, LROG -- yes, I'm sorry to be late answering, but obj2cr2 will give you a conforming dress rig.  :-)  But looks like you already figured all that out.  Your dress looks great!

A tip about dresses/obj2cr2...if you haven't learned it already...make the thigh bones "ghost."  Rename them.  That way, you won't get wonkiness in the skirt when the legs move.  Ugly mesh bending...unless you can smooth, with the weight map brush.  I just make the thighs "ghost" then bend the skirt with the "handles." :-)

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 12:05 PM

Quote - > Quote - Now, in English please. I need layman's terms ;). Are ya saying no clones and no V4 clothing fits derived from a clone unless ya make it yourself? If that's the case, urgh.... Laurie

That was how I read it and what I was recently told by a DAZ staff member in a pm when I asked.

It means that you can make a clone for your own use but you wouldn't be able to distribute it. At least that's how I'm interpreting it.

DAZ seems to be deleting any posts that say this in their forums.  Not sure if they just don't want to cop to it, or if they are considering changing their minds.

Maybe they'd be okay with it if they're the ones who get to distribute it (or sell it?)

I think Dawn's going to need an autofit clone to get any kind of traction with DS users.

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 12:36 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Now, in English please. I need layman's terms ;). Are ya saying no clones and no V4 clothing fits derived from a clone unless ya make it yourself? If that's the case, urgh.... Laurie

That was how I read it and what I was recently told by a DAZ staff member in a pm when I asked.

It means that you can make a clone for your own use but you wouldn't be able to distribute it. At least that's how I'm interpreting it.

DAZ seems to be deleting any posts that say this in their forums.  Not sure if they just don't want to cop to it, or if they are considering changing their minds.

Maybe they'd be okay with it if they're the ones who get to distribute it (or sell it?)

I think Dawn's going to need an autofit clone to get any kind of traction with DS users.

I dunno.  I haven't found autofit that useful, because I mainly like clothes that have long flowy skirts and sleeves or loin flaps over tunics, etc.  I think only a handful of DS users find autofit especially useful.  I could be wrong.  I just don't think autofit will factor in much to Dawn's success.  

Zenrel ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 12:46 PM

I agree. I'm not very good at lining up figures for the clones as there tends to be space issues when testing. I'm not giving up though.

My biggest concern as a DS Dawn user is that can this stuff work in DS. I see lots of amazing/beautiful products for Dawn that's outside of HW3D, but I'm afraid to buy it since some of them listed the product req. as Poser only.

Jan19 ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 1:01 PM

Isn't there a tutorial somewhere, that shows how to convert clothing from Poser to DS format?  Over at HW?

Since the CCTs are free now (I guess they're still free), it shouldn't be that hard to convert Poser clothing to work in DS.  :-)

More vendors are working on DS Dawn items though.  OOT here, has DAZ Studio items, and PoserWorld is working on converting from Poser to DS format. 

Zenrel ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 4:11 PM · edited Wed, 14 August 2013 at 4:13 PM

Thanks LROG for another freebie :)

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 7:48 PM

Quote - I agree. I'm not very good at lining up figures for the clones as there tends to be space issues when testing. I'm not giving up though.

My biggest concern as a DS Dawn user is that can this stuff work in DS. I see lots of amazing/beautiful products for Dawn that's outside of HW3D, but I'm afraid to buy it since some of them listed the product req. as Poser only.

DS Dawn and Poser Dawn have the same mesh and same shape, but their joints and weight mapping are a little different.  So, clothing for the two need to be set up for each app.  There are tutorials for how to do this, if you're of a mind to do so.  A lot of merchants are making both versions of their clothing products, but not all.  Some merchants are releasing for the version they're most comfortable with while releasing later a version in the app they're not as comfortable with after they learn the ropes or find a partner willing to convert it for them for a percentage.

Zenrel ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 8:15 PM

Quote - > Quote - I agree. I'm not very good at lining up figures for the clones as there tends to be space issues when testing. I'm not giving up though.

DS Dawn and Poser Dawn have the same mesh and same shape, but their joints and weight mapping are a little different.  So, clothing for the two need to be set up for each app.  There are tutorials for how to do this, if you're of a mind to do so.  A lot of merchants are making both versions of their clothing products, but not all.  Some merchants are releasing for the version they're most comfortable with while releasing later a version in the app they're not as comfortable with after they learn the ropes or find a partner willing to convert it for them for a percentage.

Oh I was refering getting my Genesis 1 and G2F clothes to fit to Dawn.

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2013 at 4:01 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Now, in English please. I need layman's terms ;). Are ya saying no clones and no V4 clothing fits derived from a clone unless ya make it yourself? If that's the case, urgh.... Laurie

I dunno.  I haven't found autofit that useful, because I mainly like clothes that have long flowy skirts and sleeves or loin flaps over tunics, etc.  I think only a handful of DS users find autofit especially useful.  I could be wrong.  I just don't think autofit will factor in much to Dawn's success.  

personally I love autofit most things work fine with a bit of knowledge. The main problem is dresses and I use the bridge to hex and a touch of the smoothing brush to create a fix for that. I was able to convert the dress from v3 to genesis and many other items with satisfactory results. I think for Dawn to really take off with ds users we will need to have at least projection templates so people can transfer the rigging to new items more easily.  

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2013 at 12:43 PM

file_497315.jpg

Just had a few minutes to play with Zbrush.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2013 at 3:03 PM

file_497318.jpg

So, I can knock off dynamic things like this in a few minutes, but conforming dresses!!!!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Zenrel ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2013 at 3:58 PM

Still looks amazing though :)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2013 at 5:02 PM

file_497319.jpg

Conforming bodysuits, a doddle!!!

5 minutes cutting up the mesh.

2 minutes to importrigcopy joint zones and conform.

No problem at all. Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2013 at 5:38 PM

Nice work, Richard!  🆒

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

VonCroy ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2013 at 6:34 PM

Conforming tops and pants OK. Conforming dresses and skirts take a serious amount of time to get to pose right- if at all. Try a sit pose with any conforming dress. Dynamic dresses and skirts work wonderfully well in the cloth room. Why waist time on conforming dresses and skirts?

Jan19 ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2013 at 9:09 PM · edited Thu, 15 August 2013 at 9:12 PM

Great work with Zbrush, LROG!  :-)

As for the dresses (conforming -- if you want to make those) -- a way around skirt handles is to...in the setup room...stop choosing bones below the thigh.  Then make the thighs "ghost."  That way, there will be the extra bone anchor, but you can use the pelvis controls to twist, push and pull, and swing your skirt from side to side.

Obviously, you can use Zbrush and GoZ.  After your dress is conformed (setup room conforming, here), GoZ 'er into Zbrush and make some skirt morphs.  Flare, left side up/back, etc.  :-)

There are workarounds for everything.  I don't like drawing skirt bones either.  The bones go cattywampus on me.

Edit:  To redistribute your dress, with the Zbrush morphs, save as a cr2/figure.  Then use Poser File Editor to create INJ/REM poses for your skirt morphs.  That works for me.

Edit II:  Love your form fitting bodysuit!  You're getting good!  Conforming in Poser 2014 is a snap, isn't it?  Easiest conforming I've ever done, without obj2cr2.

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2013 at 3:18 AM

Quote - personally I love autofit most things work fine with a bit of knowledge. The main problem is dresses and I use the bridge to hex and a touch of the smoothing brush to create a fix for that. I was able to convert the dress from v3 to genesis and many other items with satisfactory results. I think for Dawn to really take off with ds users we will need to have at least projection templates so people can transfer the rigging to new items more easily.  

...SickleYield also has a utility out that helps with skirts and footwear. Very useful.

As for cloth dynamics, that is still unfortunately a closed door for Daz users. 

...forsaken daughter is watching you.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2013 at 3:21 AM

Quote -  

...SickleYield also has a utility out that helps with skirts and footwear. Very useful.

Unfortunately this doesn't work with Dawn though...only Genesis. But it is a great product...

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2013 at 3:24 AM

...thanks for the heads up, haven't been able to try it with her yet. too many other projects in the backlog.

...forsaken daughter is watching you.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2013 at 3:38 AM

Quote - ...thanks for the heads up, haven't been able to try it with her yet. too many other projects in the backlog.

np...I know how that is.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.