Sun, Oct 6, 1:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: New Layout and Features for the Galleries

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2013 at 8:43 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 1:28 PM

Wanted to give everyone a heads up that changes within the Galleries are starting today. 

A Front Page Article with the changes will be posted sometime this week.

Here are some of the updates you will see:

• Artist will now have the capability to make Albums within their Gallery
  • The new Style is more cohesive with other areas of the site
  • Bigger Thumbs – **Min 100px x 100px...**Max 200px height x 300px width
  • More conversation – Artist can now directly converse  with a member who comments on their image
  • Facebook Like button added

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

peedy ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2013 at 11:39 PM

I don't like the new look.
But I do like that you can make albums.
Will make it a lot easier to look up things.

Corrie

alida ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2013 at 3:38 PM

Changes always  bring new features:time is  needed to adjust to  them.Let's  see how they  work

spiegel428 ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2013 at 7:11 PM

The ability to comment on comments seems useful. But is it me or something weird happened to the thumbnails? Mine seem so small and fuzzy.

Lenord ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2013 at 8:20 PM

Actually the thumbs can be bigger now, 300x200 and 30K. Mine look OK, maybe it's just because they are on a Grey BG instead of Black.

peedy ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2013 at 11:29 PM

Well, after one day I must say that I still don't like it.
Still too bright on the eyes.
The comment on comment option could be good, if you would get updates on them.
Which I don't.
So now you have to go back to the images to see if there has been a comment.
And I have no idea how to get the albums work.
Ah well.......... ;-)

Corrie

Lenord ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 7:16 AM

For Albums go to "My Gallery" on Dropdown menu for Galleries at top of page.(or If you're already on your main Gallery Page)

Then on the "Browse" select Manage Albums on the "My Gallery" dropdown menu

Now you can create Albums, give then names etc.

To move existing Uploads to Albums, Go to the Image you want to MOVE, Click Edit, Scroll down to the bottom of the "Image and Details" section and choose the Album you want to put it in.

When uploading new images you will select Gallery and Genre as normal, then select the Album wher you want it. New uploads will be in the selected Gallery and the Album.

The White BG Bitch is in, Staff hates it too but we have no control, it's up to the Bondware Programmers and they know were unhappy with it.

The Bitch is also in about getting notices on Comment replies, they don't do much good if you don't know someone said anything.

peedy ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 8:26 AM

Oh, good grief.
And that with so many images..............hehehe
Thanks, Len, I really didn't know how to get the images in the albums. :-)

I hope they will fix the things you mention.

Corrie

Lenord ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 8:35 AM

Yeah it's a pain to move them for sure, try it on Dialup, Arrgh......Made 4 albums and started putting old Mixed Medium in a Folder....gave up after 20 moves, too much like work.

peedy ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 8:43 AM

LOL!
Exactly!
And you have a lot more to do than me.
Ah well, I won't get bored over the weekend. ;-D

spiegel428 ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 8:08 PM · edited Sun, 01 September 2013 at 8:08 PM

I figured out why my old thumbs seemed fuzzy. At some point I must have used ctrl- on Rendo. If I set it back to normal, the old thumbs seem crisp. The weird thing is that other places where I had used the same image look sharp no matter what.

I tried creating some albums and... you guys weren't kidding about the amount of work. I noticed that my album has an ID of 171 and it appears unconnected to my username. Which means only 170 albums have been created since the change, is that it?

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 10:09 PM

I don't know about the thumbnail crispness, mine have always been clean so I don't know. Don't know about the Cntrl- thing I never use keyboard shortcuts either.

You're right about the Albums and the way they are numbered individually but they are all under your Regular member ID#.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.