Mon, Oct 21, 11:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: created high heel shoes with weir results

Gestah ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2013 at 7:37 PM · edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 4:44 PM

Hi, can anyone help?

I made a pair of high heel shoes in zbrush.

after adjusting to a Victoria posed for high heels, I took the shoe to the fitting room and exported back. when I conform it it rotates back, what gives? done that with another pair of normal shoes and they behave fine.

I can adjust rotation and translation to make them fit normally. the joint editor takes care of any bending and rotation that I want to fix.

using poser 2014, what are the passages to make a high heel shoe .obj conform to a figure, for example Victoria 4?

Gestah ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2013 at 8:44 PM

file_497637.JPG

this is basically what happends

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2013 at 10:46 PM

as I understand it a conformer uses the cr2 of the figure which is set for specific joint settings (essentially a zeroed figure).  That means all conformers should fit in the zeroed pose , and then you apply a pose to the figure to adjust the figure with the shoes.

Gestah ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2013 at 5:55 AM

yep, figured it out, but can one automate the process? I mean, putting the bones where they should be is like driving blind folded.

can one save a high heel posed character as a zero pose?

Gestah ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2013 at 9:29 AM

figured out that the shoe has to be tilted before boning it

make a mesh of the high heel shoe that wraps around a zeroed body and then put it through the set up room.

not exactly convenient for a program that has the entire market based on this kinds of figures

Gestah ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2013 at 9:34 AM

no one answers anymore, I get it must be the holy grail of poser secrets

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2013 at 10:05 AM

Do not rig shoes.

Make them smart props with inherit bends checked ON, parented to the foot.
Fast and easy.
They inherit bends one group up and one group down.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Gestah ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2013 at 10:32 AM

Quote - Do not rig shoes.

Make them smart props with inherit bends checked ON, parented to the foot.
Fast and easy.
They inherit bends one group up and one group down.

thanks I'll try that

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2013 at 10:41 AM

What I di is model the shoe with the figure in the zero pose. Use the v4dev cr2 as the donor rig in setup (actually just hack a copy of the cr2 and then after conforming I create a pose file to set the V4 figure foot position.

Gestah ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2013 at 11:52 AM

worked by not putting hinerit bends. quick solution but not up there with the rest

Gestah ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2013 at 12:11 PM

Quote - What I di is model the shoe with the figure in the zero pose. Use the v4dev cr2 as the donor rig in setup (actually just hack a copy of the cr2 and then after conforming I create a pose file to set the V4 figure foot position.

basically what I need to do is: (please correct me if I'm wrong)

make the shoe .obj

save it in poser as a figure after the rigging.

hack the cr2 file with the text editor or cr2 editor to change the foot and toes rotations.

now, I'm not so sure about saving it as a figure first though

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2013 at 10:48 PM

Once the shoe conforms to V4 you need to apply a pose to V4 to position the feet. I suggest reposting this question to Philc.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.