Tue, Oct 22, 7:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 5:55 am)

Subject: DAZ forums down?

pobble ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2013 at 12:00 AM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 11:46 AM

For the last few weeks I've regularly gotten "Error 502 - Bad Gateway" when trying to access the DAZ3D community forums.  Anyone know what's up?  It's to the point where trying to read the formums there is impossible.  Thanks. 

ldgilman ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2013 at 12:16 AM · edited Tue, 03 September 2013 at 12:18 AM

I had no problems accessing the forums via DAZ. I don't have a shortcut setup to take me there. Bad gateway sounds more like an ISP problem than a Forum problem. Check with your service provider.

pobble ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2013 at 9:38 AM

Thanks for the reply.  However, I don't think it's my ISP because I get the same error elsewhere (e.g., when at some other wifi access point).  

Razor42 ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2013 at 9:53 AM

I have this issue from time to time when accessing using chrome, always works fine with safari. Try a another browser when it happens. See if it helps.

BlackStarr42 ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2013 at 10:20 AM

I had the same problem in IE copied the url in IE and used it in Chrome and it worked fine, seem to be some browser issue.

ldgilman ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2013 at 10:38 AM

In addition to trying a different browser, and assuming you are using a shortcut, what happens when going thru the DAZ store front??

pobble ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2013 at 10:54 AM

Quote - In addition to trying a different browser, and assuming you are using a shortcut, what happens when going thru the DAZ store front??

Of course, today things seem to be working fine for me ;)  Always the way...  But to answer your question, when it doesn't work it doesn't matter if I use a shortcut or go through the storefront.

ldgilman ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2013 at 11:29 AM · edited Tue, 03 September 2013 at 11:29 AM

Your error is interesting. I just did a Google (Bing in my case) search on that error and was blown away by how many hits there were. Ehow had the closest answer to what you described. Another said that the registery needing fixing. If you do try cleaning the registry use JetClean, (available from CNET's Download.com) it is about the fastest and most reliable of the free cleaners, and I have used a bunch.

Here is the link from eHow.

http://www.ehow.com/about_6689696_bad-gateway-mean_.html

Bejaymac ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2013 at 4:56 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2013 at 4:58 AM

A 502 means that somewhere between you and the site there is either a hardware failure or a traffic bottleneck, as a result your signal doesn't get through and your browser gives you a "bad gateway" error.

With DAZ using that CloudFlare crap some people will find they are getting this all the time.

McGyver13 ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2013 at 11:00 AM

Yeah, I went away for a week and when I came back the other day, I can not post anything at the forums there without getting logged out... Actually most anything I do logs me out. When I log back in I get sent to my account screen... but I am still logged out at the forums... today was the best... took about 14 or 15 tries just to make one post (to ask about this issue)...

I imagine if anyone else is having this issue they will not bother being that persistent and nobody will know about it.

Seriously it can be VERY painful and tedious to visit DAZ since the site change... I friggin HATE magento... It really ruined that place.

pobble ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2013 at 9:34 PM

Thanks -- I appreciate the replies.  Things seem a bit better today.  I can actually read the forums for a change!  I don't know if it helps, but I also logged in.  For some reason, nowadays I get logged out all the time which is annoying.

ldgilman ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2013 at 9:41 PM

Well so far I haven't had the forced logout that you all are enjoying (knock on wood). I wonder if it's a regional issue. I am in the Denver, CO area.

skuldog ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2013 at 10:49 AM

When this happened to me with Chrome I went to History and Cleared Browser history and made sure everything was cleaned but saved passwords and it got me back into the Daz Forums

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.