Tue, Oct 22, 7:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: OT:Ever miss someone's passing that you shouldn't have missed the passing of in

Paul Francis ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2013 at 3:39 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:12 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Apologies to the Buzzcocks!

Today I downloaded a Kindle Fire/Android version of "The Lords of Midnight", a Sinclair ZX Spectrum game, which fittted into a 48K Spectrum with room to spare.  In 1984-1985 or so, when, after three years at art college,  I was on the dole in the grim North East of England, this game allowed me to escape and subsequently survive weeks and months of horrible reality.  I personally credit it with being one of the top 2 most creaitve and inventive computer games I have ever played (the other being "Knight Lore" by Ultimate Play the Game). 48K; bugger me!

Imagine my horror at discovering today that the author, Mike Singleton, passed away last year.  I'm gutted.  We need new heroes.

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

cedarwolf ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2013 at 4:14 PM

Agreed.  I've missed the passing of many folks who were formative for me.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 3:12 AM

That's a real shame, I remember that game and I loved it :)

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 8:16 PM

I'm fortunate that most of my heroes are youngish (middle-aged currently, rather than elderly). I do miss Lebbeus Woods :(

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2013 at 3:56 AM

My problem these days is that I have trouble remembering who is still alive and who isn't, out of the formative heroes (and generally, public personalities) of my younger days... :-(

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.