Sat, Sep 21, 5:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Looking for collaboration partner

Dmurphy ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2013 at 7:11 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:39 PM

I am getting into CNC woodworking. I am looking to work with someone who can create scenes and assets in a 3D program. These will then be used to cut panels and whatever from wood. What type of scenes I would like to do are Medivel town scenes. Castles and knights. My interest are Heraldry,Irish, Gaelic Celtic music. If you know how to save 3D scenes as height bump maps that would be awsome

A little about me I am 72 retired and getting into CNC as a hobby. So this will be for hobby and fun. If you like making scenes of a Medivel nature lets talk.

Thank You

Don Murphy

Dmurphy ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2013 at 10:47 AM

I am giving this a little bump. Give it one more day near the top .

Thank You

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2013 at 11:35 AM

I've made Z-depth maps to use for creating bas-relief panels;  I don't know if I could figure out a way to create a set of maps (like a stack of panels) which would allow for undercut shapes.  I do make models in the medieval genre.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Dmurphy ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2013 at 1:21 PM

They do not need to be stacked. I may be describeing it wrong. I may be able to find a link to show what I mean. If you have a height field map already made I could test it in the program I use to make cutting paths. If it works we can then discuss sceens to make.

Thank You

Don Murphy

Dmurphy ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2013 at 1:35 PM

file_498560.jpg

This may give everyone a look at what I want to try and do.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2013 at 1:59 PM

Ahhh!  "I see, said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw."

That is a Z-depth bas-relief!  Oh yes, Poser can generate maps to do that.yep!

I have used Poser to generate such maps, and then used that depth map in a new Poser scene to create bas-relief.  They're all over the Narnian wardrobe...

nw.

Aslan.

Narnian wardrobe.

Poser 12, in feet.  

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2013 at 2:11 PM

file_498561.jpg

The Z-depth maps would be greyscale images, where black is "deep" and white is raised (protruding outward).  Here is an example...

Poser 12, in feet.  

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2013 at 2:12 PM · edited Sun, 29 September 2013 at 2:14 PM

file_498562.jpg

...and its corresponding finer detail map:

These are for a monument stone in the Galadriel's mirror environment playset.

Poser 12, in feet.  

Dmurphy ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2013 at 4:30 PM

Exactly what I think (lol) I am looking for. I downloaded your picture to test I will let you know in a day or 2.

Thank You

Don Murphy

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2013 at 5:23 PM

If you have not found it yet here is a link that might be of interest.

www.artclip3d.com

there are a couple other similar sites. The idea is you can combine files to make scenes. My cnc router wont do anything that large, its really an engraver.

Dmurphy ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2013 at 5:55 PM

I am putting the finishing touches on my cnc now. It's a cnc router products CRP2448. It will do 24 X48 . The have a web site. They are also 1hour from where I live. I will check out the link. If you want to work together I have no problem making the larger items. Wall panels and whatever strike my fancy.

Don

Dmurphy ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2013 at 7:39 AM

file_498592.jpg

Here is a screen shot of the image done in Bobart-Cam software. This is what I hope to be getting. If you have things you want cut I will help with that also. As long as shipping and material cost do not get out of hand LoL.

I also need to ask if you want to be a part of this project. please let me know

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2013 at 8:10 AM

I'd be willing to try making some scenes and creating Z-depth maps.  If you have particular ideas in mind for scenes, describe them.  I'll see what I can do.

Poser 12, in feet.  

Dmurphy ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2013 at 12:52 PM

Well I would like to continue with the one we have. Can you move the charaters down. So they look like they are on the ground. Remove the scroll work and add a Castle wall in the back ground.

Also need better detail on some parts. The mail on the horse is not coming through.The shield decorations are not coming through. May need to in crease the size of some of that. Could you double the size of the picture. If it is to big for here e-mail it to me.

Thank You

Don

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2013 at 4:41 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2013 at 4:53 PM

It will take a while to work that up.  Just check back periodically.  I don't even know if I have the scene file which I used to make that.  It was just to provide detail for a monument in another scene, and my main modeling computer -on which that was made- got blasted during a thunderstorm some time ago.  But I'll have an armored knight attending a lady's horse/unicorn, and add castle walls behind them.  Might help perspective if I add detailed ground/paving.

Oh, did you expand the image before saving it?  It should be 1200x1200.

I can certainly make an image that's 2400x2400, but I don't think I can upload it to the forum here, so I'll probably need to e-mail that.

Poser 12, in feet.  

Dmurphy ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2013 at 6:24 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2013 at 11:46 AM

No I did not try to expand the image. I will do that now. if you need to make a new scene that is OK. I can wait. We are experimenting right now to see what will give good results without to much work and resources. We need good detail but also not to small.

Don

PS do you need my emial address

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2013 at 6:47 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2013 at 6:49 PM

Quote - We need good detail but also not to small. 

Yes, I'll keep in mind a balance of detail, enough to make the engraving "pop" but not so fine as to get lost by the cutting process.

I haven't found that scene file (don't know if I will), but I've begun a new scene with a more classic medieval style.

To protect yourself from spambots -which scour every forum they can- remove that e-mail address.  Mods:  if the edit time has expired for Don, please remove it for him.

Poser 12, in feet.  

basicwiz ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2013 at 7:20 AM

Done!

Dmurphy ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2013 at 10:06 AM

Thank You Mr basicwiz for removing that.

Don

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2013 at 11:50 AM

file_498617.jpg

Thank you for watching out for Dmurphy, BasicWiz.

Don, I haven't forgotten about you.  In order to place the people/horse "on the ground", I need to build a ground, one which is suitable for a castle, which means a moat surrounding the castle and a road leading to the drawbridge.  With some strategically chosen texturing, such a ground will give perspective to your bas-relief.  Here are raw shots of the terrain, castle, and knight.  I need to rough up the ground a bit.  There will be a Z-depth forest beyond the perimeter (that is already finished).

Poser 12, in feet.  

Dmurphy ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2013 at 3:42 PM

As long as you have havng a good time I can wait. I worked on the CNC machine today.I think I am done with the Z axis . Now to mount the Rack and pinion drives for the Y and X axis.

Don

basicwiz ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2013 at 3:45 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2013 at 3:45 PM

Quote - Thank You Mr basicwiz for removing that. Don

Just doin' my job. :)

You're welcome.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.