Wed, Sep 18, 11:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:28 pm)

Subject: trouble installing poser files for daz - please advise

chweintr ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2013 at 1:44 PM · edited Tue, 27 August 2024 at 9:27 AM

Hello  - 

Since Daz came out with the Install manager I am not sure where to put unzipped poser files from renderosity-- since the DIM came out I now have a folder on my computer called "My library" and one called "my daz 3d library"--  Does anyone know if one of these is the correct place to put the runtime? also -- is it alright to have more than one runtime folder?  sounds problematic to me.

Is there a video tutorial anywhere that walks through the install process? I have a feeling a lot of the vendors on this site would get more sales if the this process were made clear --  I know I would buy more items.

thank you

PoppaC ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2013 at 2:38 PM

Yes just add them to the runtime in the "My library" as you would any poser item. and yes you can have more then 1 runtime but like you stated, it can be problematic. I have but 1 runtime. I do not use the "my daz 3d library" at all and hove no problems; just make sure you set the directory location

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2013 at 3:43 PM

They are just the default folders - as long as both are listed in DS as Poser Content Directories (that is, they appear under Poser Formats in the Content Library pane) then you can generally use either. The only exception would be new morphs for the fourth generation figures, which may need to go in the directory you used for the base figure. Your content directories can be anywhere and called anything (and as long as you don't put one inside another, or put them in a protected location like Program Files or Windows).

markht ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 12:55 AM

The public "My daz 3d library" is the default location used by DIM.  I leave that location completely alone and let DIM handle it. Since V4/M4 is installed there, I guess I might have to install V4/M4 morph packs there, but so far I don't have any.

The User "My Library" is my old library. I have uninstalled all the DAZ products from this library, leaving only the non-DAZ products in this library.

I have a bunch of other Runtime libraries in different directories, probably about 20. I like to use separate runtimes for most free products I try, because many of them I discard after trying them. Having a separate runtime makes it easier to uninstall them by just deleting the directory.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.