Thu, Sep 19, 3:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:44 pm)

Subject: AlfaSeed has given permission to release their freebie weight mapped V4...

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2013 at 7:26 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:59 AM

Attached Link: V4WMAS

This one does not require any special things to make the clothes work. very occasionally one might have to copy joint zones.

However AlfaseeD is not happy with the quality of this product so they have not released it themselves.

They do not want to be emailed about problems with this product.

They did all the weightmaps themselves and did not use daz data in product.

It's a pose injection and of course you need the original V4 to make it work.

Anyway this V4 weightmapped version, takes hair and clothes, and also the body parts scale much better than the non-weight mapped orignial V4.

And of course there are no more annoying magnets all over the place.

There are no render restrictions.

Have fun.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2013 at 7:32 PM

Oh yes, forgot to mention,  no funny round elbows on this one.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2013 at 7:47 PM

Thanks to AlfaSeeD for releasing it, and to you, Esther, for hosting & posting. 😄

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2013 at 8:36 PM

Wow!

Talk about a major improvement! At first testing, it appears to preform better than the V4WM we've had for a year or so, and is much easier to use!

Kudos to all concerned!

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2013 at 9:43 PM

Thank you, and Alfaseed.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2013 at 11:16 PM

Cool! Thanks Esther and Alfaseed!

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2013 at 1:59 AM

Cool, thanks Esther and Alfaseed! :)

mauk ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2013 at 2:39 AM

Thank you Alfaseed !!!!!!

toastie ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2013 at 7:05 AM

Thanks! I've never actually bothered to use a weight mapped V4 (although I do have the other version), but you never know when it might come in handy :)

wimvdb ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2013 at 8:15 AM

It is a one click solution - Select your figure (with or without your morphs applied) and do the INJ pose. Easy enough to try out

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2013 at 8:59 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2013 at 9:03 AM

file_498663.jpg

Very nice.  The upper body is quite good, note the left shoulder joint height compared to V4. Left to right; V4WM, V4WMAS, Stock V4...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2013 at 9:00 AM

file_498664.jpg

Again, Left to right; V4WM, V4WMAS, Stock V4...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2013 at 9:01 AM

file_498665.jpg

Here's an extreme pose; Left to right; V4WM, V4WMAS, Stock V4...

fonpaolo ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2013 at 10:56 AM

Only a question:

Does It only works in P Pro 2014?

P9 user here...

wimvdb ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2013 at 11:11 AM

It should work in P9 as well since it only adds the weightmaps. The script driving the inject does not use any P10 specific code as far as I know.

I have not tried it though

Just give it a try and let us know

booksbydavid ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2013 at 12:22 PM

Nice surprise! Thanks for this.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2013 at 2:02 PM

Playing around with clothes fitting, some shoes show polethrough at the heel and lower instep.  This can be fixed by setting the Toe_scaleZ of the shoe's foot actor to 0.97 in the Joint Editor...

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2013 at 2:26 PM

file_498672.jpg

The DAZ Bodysuit fits well using Copy Joint Zones and adding the JCMs to the suit.  There is a bit of "fin butt" which may be able to be fixed by tweaking the weightmap of V4's hip actor.

Can this rig be modified or distributed?

wimvdb ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2013 at 2:34 PM

It is free for all to use.

Modification - not sure about distribution of the modiciations.

If AlfaSeeD wants to update it and fix errors, it would be better if there is only one version available. Send me a PM and we can discuss this

Ometeotl ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 6:44 AM

Thank you for the headsup!

And if someone would create a M4WM there would be a very renderer in front of this screen sigh

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 12:29 PM

No progress has been on a M4WM just yet, I afraid.

wimvdb ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 6:19 PM

file_498691.jpg

Here a partial render of V4wm in a gymnastic pose

Looks pretty good

For a full render see my gallery

arrow1 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 10:09 PM

Many thanks to Esther and AlfsSeed for being involved in this wonderful product. Cheers

Custom built computer 128 gigs RAM,2 Terrabyte hard drive, NVIDIA RTX 3060 12 Gig, Intel i9, Dual Dell Screens, 0/S Windows 11, networked to a Special 12th Generation intel I9, RTX 3060 12 Gig, Windows 11,64 gigs RAM, Dual Phillips Screens, 2 Terrabyte SSD Hard Drive plus 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive,3rd Computer intel i7,64 gigs ram, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GeForce 1660 Ti 6 Gig,1 Terrabyte Hard Drive, OS Windows 10 64 Bit Dual Samsung Syncmaster 226bw Screens.Plus Lenovo Laptop 64 Bit,12 gigs Ram.Intel i7 chip.Windows 10 Pro and Ultimate. 4 x 2 Terrabyte Hard Drives and 2 x 2 Terrabyte external USB Hard drives. All Posers from 4 to Poser 2010 and 2012, 2014. Poser 11 and 12, 13, Hexagon 2.5 64 Bit, Carrara 8.5 Pro 64 bit, Adobe Photoshop CS4 Creative Production Suite. Adobe Photoshop CC 2024, Vue 10 and 10.5 Infinite Vue 11 14.5 Infinite plus Vue 15 and 16 Infinite, Vue 2023 and 2024, Plant Catologue, DAZ Studio 4.22, iClone 7 with 3DXchange and Character Creator 3, Nikon D3 Camera with several lenses.  Nikon Z 6 ii and Z5. 180-600mm lens, 24-70 mm lens with adapter.Just added 2x 2 Terrabyte portable hard drives.

adzan ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2013 at 3:29 PM

Is the AlfaseeD V4 weightmaped figure still available

The site has been displaying a message that the download has been deactivated for 48 hours since the weekend for me

goldie ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2013 at 4:31 PM

Quote - Is the AlfaseeD V4 weightmaped figure still available

The site has been displaying a message that the download has been deactivated for 48 hours since the weekend for me

ditto here...

Byrdie ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2013 at 8:07 PM

Site says it should be back for download in a week. Maybe they are working on a new version? Hope so, it looks really good.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 1:19 AM

When does the week start and ends ?

At one time Aerysoul only released there morph might have been called Alice ?
from time to time for a limmited time.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

adzan ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 9:02 AM

Pershaps I shouldn't have asked and it would have stayed at 48 hours lol

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 9:32 AM

Alice was a limited time annual event; should not be compared to the WMV4 release which is a freebie.

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 12:19 PM

Alice is a freebie now (at least her body morph is)

http://alfaseed.deviantart.com/art/Alice-367046756

The full character is now at RDNA...

andolaurina ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2013 at 6:19 PM

Esther & Wim, will you be putting her up again soon? :)

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

JoePublic ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2013 at 9:12 PM · edited Wed, 09 October 2013 at 9:17 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_498758.jpg

While she's being revised, I hope people don't mind a small suggestion: Front: V4 default. Middle: V4-WM/AlfaSeed Back: V4-LOD 17.000 polygon LowResolution (Weightmapped by me. Original V4 joint centers. No JCMs, no smoothing mags, no helper bones. Subdivided once) IMO the butt could use a little more bulge-map "compression" and there is also an unsightly lump on the inner thighs. The thigh/hip fold could be smoother, too. While I happily admit it's easier weightmapping a low res LOD mesh, I think the changes I suggest wouldn't be too hard to make to the high res V4, too. And, yes, I know it's an extreme pose, but that's when you see rigging problems the most. ;-)

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2013 at 9:36 PM

Quote - While she's being revised, I hope people don't mind a small suggestion: Front: V4 default. Middle: V4-WM/AlfaSeed Back: V4-LOD 17.000 polygon LowResolution (Weightmapped by me. Original V4 joint centers. No JCMs, no smoothing mags, no helper bones. Subdivided once) IMO the butt could use a little more bulge-map "compression" and there is also an unsightly lump on the inner thighs. The thigh/hip fold could be smoother, too. While I happily admit it's easier weightmapping a low res LOD mesh, I think the changes I suggest wouldn't be too hard to make to the high res V4, too. And, yes, I know it's an extreme pose, but that's when you see rigging problems the most. ;-)

Well, to be fair, you put most real life women in that pose and something may snap.

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2013 at 4:41 AM

The "fin butt" I noted in my render of the bodysuit is a result of the thigh side-to-side bend.  I've stopped playing with the rigging since another version appears to be in the works.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2013 at 9:08 AM

Quote - > Quote - While she's being revised, I hope people don't mind a small suggestion: Front: V4 default. Middle: V4-WM/AlfaSeed Back: V4-LOD 17.000 polygon LowResolution (Weightmapped by me. Original V4 joint centers. No JCMs, no smoothing mags, no helper bones. Subdivided once) IMO the butt could use a little more bulge-map "compression" and there is also an unsightly lump on the inner thighs. The thigh/hip fold could be smoother, too. While I happily admit it's easier weightmapping a low res LOD mesh, I think the changes I suggest wouldn't be too hard to make to the high res V4, too. And, yes, I know it's an extreme pose, but that's when you see rigging problems the most. ;-)

Well, to be fair, you put most real life women in that pose and something may snap.

Give me a few rum and cokes and I bet I could do it

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2013 at 3:34 PM

Damn, now I'm going to be wondering about that all night!

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 12 October 2013 at 10:18 AM

Quote - Damn, now I'm going to be wondering about that all night!

Waiting patiently for the link to go back live....it's tough. LOL She looks as tho she bends really nice :).

Laurie

diastrophus ( ) posted Mon, 14 October 2013 at 11:33 AM

Can't wait! She looks fantastic

adzan ( ) posted Mon, 14 October 2013 at 7:47 PM

Did the week get extended or was she withdrawn??

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 6:36 PM

I've heard nothing from daz which I assume means all okay, and I messaged them again on their help forum to see what they thought but they have not answered me.  So I only have had one reply for them saying they were looking into it, and you're right we're getting on for tw weeks now.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 6:36 PM

I've heard nothing from daz which I assume means all okay, and I messaged them again on their help forum to see what they thought but they have not answered me.  So I only have had one reply for them saying they were looking into it, and you're right we're getting on for tw weeks now.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 6:37 PM

she does scale very nicely, even the hip and the z axis for chest say, arm length, etc  

adzan ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 8:27 PM

? didn't realise daz were involved.

If the AS weight mapped figure doesn't use any daz ip - ie daz joint info etc - then wouldn't it have been covered by the same Daz announcement that they issued when the last weight mapped V4 was made?

rowlando ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 8:36 PM

watching the space for download availability

cheers

Seek what you can never loose

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2013 at 8:54 PM

Quote - ? didn't realise daz were involved.

If the AS weight mapped figure doesn't use any daz ip - ie daz joint info etc - then wouldn't it have been covered by the same Daz announcement that they issued when the last weight mapped V4 was made?

DAZ has revised thier EULA since the Poser Place V4WM was released.  It is now more liberal about redistribution of derivatives, so long as a purchased DAZ product is required to use them...

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2013 at 6:29 AM

Yes, i see nothing in the EULA that says the wmV4 is wrong.  I never thought daz would take so long to reply though.

Sorry you all have to wait.  Anyone who has it already can of course use it, as it is just your own V4 that you own anyway.

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2013 at 6:51 AM

DAZ likely has better things to do.  If it is a weight pose injection, or via Poser Place script there is obviously no issue, nor is there if it is distrubuted at an encoded cr2, as Joe Public and Shuckky did. Arduino has been distributing his V4 products as plain cr2s...

Here's the salient section from the license; last three paragraphs...

E. Terms of Use. User may (i) access, use, copy and modify the Content in the creation and presentation of animations and renderings, and (ii) incorporate two dimensional images (including two dimensional images that simulate motion of three dimensional objects) derived from the Content in other works and publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense such combined works; provided that User may not in any case: (a) separately publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense any Content or any part thereof; or (b) publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense renderings, animations, software applications, data or any other product from which any Content, or any part thereof, or any substantially similar version of the Content can be separately exported, or extracted into any re-distributable form or format. Subject to the foregoing limitations, and the rights, if any, of third parties in or to the objects represented by the Content, User may copy, distribute, and/or sell User’s animations and 2-D renderings derived from the Content. All other rights with respect to the Content and their use are reserved by DAZ and its PAs.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, DAZ wishes to encourage user expansion of the catalog of Content available to users. Therefore, User may also access, use, copy, and modify the Content stored on such computers in the creation of one or more derived or additional works provided that:

1.    any derived or additional works are designed to require or encourage the use of Content available through the online DAZ store either by (i) requiring the use of such Content to function, or (ii) allowing only limited function when not used in conjunction with Content from the online DAZ store; and

2.    upon receipt of a written request from DAZ, User will immediately cease any and all distribution of the derived works User has created from the Content licensed from DAZ, if DAZ has determined, at its sole discretion, that (i) the derived work is substantially similar to or is a clone of existing Content; or (ii) the derived work fails to require the use of Content available through the online DAZ store.

http://www.daz3d.com/eula

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2013 at 6:32 PM

Our link has been reactivated.  Get your weightmapped V4 now!!!

From DAZ:-

Thank you for your patience. The usage you have proposed is acceptable.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this issue. If you have a different question or issue, please create a new ticket. Thank you.

rowlando ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2013 at 6:52 PM

Thank you

Rowlando

Seek what you can never loose

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2013 at 7:22 PM

Whoohoo! :)

Laurie

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2013 at 7:36 PM
Site Admin

Yay, I already had it, but now I can keep it 😄

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.