Sun, Oct 6, 7:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: relative file path syntax pointing to current folder?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2013 at 1:18 PM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 5:56 AM

i'm baking my dialed characters into original obj.

instead of putting them in the geometries folder,
is there a way to tell poser to find the obj in the current folder with the .cr2?
i want to be able to move the folder around, so i don't want to put the full path.

Thanks! :)

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2013 at 2:19 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2013 at 2:28 PM

Just use a colon (:), then the file name without a path, eg:

figureResFile :NameOf.obj

This has always worked for me. Note that there are two 'figureResFile' lines in a cr2, they both need editing.

P.S.

This also works for calling a pmd file. I suspect it would work for image maps as well, but have not tested that.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2013 at 3:03 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2013 at 3:05 PM

Thanks Les.  :)

Will try with the image maps, too.

It would be easier organized to keep all the files with a character together.

i find it easier to keep everything in the library, instead of hunting down pz3s

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.