Thu, Sep 19, 8:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Sorry - its me again! - Cr2 problem

perpetuavelouria ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 5:08 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:49 PM

file_496217.jpg

Hi - I am still re-introducing my 'Carmel' fidure to my new install of PP 2014.

I successfully loaded-up my old cr2 file of carmel's head onto V4.2, tweaked it a little with morphs++ and got to work, however, it appears that her features are 'frozen' - I cannot apply visemes, or expressions from the morphing dials. Also, when I apply 'faces' from vendors in my library, they dont seem to do much either.

I have tried saving her head alone as a pose, then re-applying it to a fresh V4, but I have the same problem every time, tbh, I am just stabbing in the dark, as I  (obviously) lack the technical expertise to know what I have done wrong.

Can someone help? I could upload the pose here if that helps?

Thanks,

Perp.

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 5:53 AM · edited Thu, 11 July 2013 at 5:54 AM

Hi, if I understand well, you have put your own head geometry (obj file) in the V4 body, if you do so, the V4 head morphs won't work because they are made for a different geometry, the V4 head, this is the reason the V4 head morphs do nothing when you use them.

adh3d website

perpetuavelouria ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 6:38 AM

Quote - Hi, if I understand well, you have put your own head geometry (obj file) in the V4 body, if you do so, the V4 head morphs won't work because they are made for a different geometry, the V4 head, this is the reason the V4 head morphs do nothing when you use them.

SO - is there any way I can save/export something then get the functionality of V4's head back, with Carmel's face shape?

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 7:01 AM · edited Thu, 11 July 2013 at 7:14 AM

Perhaps, if the carmen shape is similar to the v4 face shape, you can try use the Dimensions3d  "morphing clothes" tool, but the results can't be optimal, because the tool is designed to pass the figure morphs to the cloth morphs, and if you have the mouth or the eyes or the ears, for example, in a different position than V4 head, your new morph will be a disaster.

I do not know any other way, unless you make your own morphs or you remake the Carmen face as a V4 morph. Sorry.

adh3d website

perpetuavelouria ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 7:13 AM

well I originally used V4.2 HEad to creat Carm, so the vertices etc, would be the same, no?

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 7:15 AM

If you used the V4 head to make Carmen, and you didn't add any new vertex, polygons etc,and you only  changed the V4 face shape, you can use it as a V4 morph.

adh3d website

perpetuavelouria ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 7:38 AM

Well - thats what I thought I was doing, but it seems to be frozen...

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 11:16 AM

Strange.  Try exporting the Caramel head as an obj, and bring it back in as a morph target on a fresh V4.

Here's a good tutorial on exporting heads...

http://www.pixelnook.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=522

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

AetherDream ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 11:32 PM

Quote - Strange.  Try exporting the Caramel head as an obj, and bring it back in as a morph target on a fresh V4.

Here's a good tutorial on exporting heads...

http://www.pixelnook.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=522

Thank  you Wanda. Nice link with good info.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

perpetuavelouria ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 6:44 AM

OK - I followed the pixelnook tutorial, thanks Wanda, loaded carmel up, eported her head and neck but when I attempt to load morph target it says I have the wrong number of vertices. I haven't tampered with it between exporting and loading back in, but I may have tinkered in the past with wings3d or zbrush.

perpetuavelouria ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 6:44 AM

OK - I followed the pixelnook tutorial, thanks Wanda, loaded carmel up, eported her head and neck but when I attempt to load morph target it says I have the wrong number of vertices. I haven't tampered with it between exporting and loading back in, but I may have tinkered in the past with wings3d or zbrush.

perpetuavelouria ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 7:02 AM · edited Tue, 08 October 2013 at 7:09 AM

OH - hang on - it was because I was attempting to import head and neck into head only. I have solved this by exporting the head only, and it works, except that her eyes and upper/lowwer teeth are too high. I will try exporting them too, though I can't see any option to transform eyes on the Y axis, so I am not sure how they got where they are now?

EDIT: tried it, it didn't work, because I can't select the eyes, teeth etc along with the head before inporting the OBJ as a morph target (unless there is some way you  can tell me about?) So - I will export the morph targets for head, eyes, teeth seperately and see if that works...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.