Sun, Oct 6, 1:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: New Toys

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2013 at 8:00 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 1:24 PM

After a long layoff Luca(Darkbeam) has released some new Formulas for MB3D over at FractalForums. They are in a different place than the other Formula Updates so here's a Link to these new ones.....kinda like a kid at Christmas New Toys!!

Luca's new Formulas

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2013 at 8:34 AM

I just made a cute image with his latest formula, RandCubes.
I love his formulas! :-D

Corrie

alida ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2013 at 4:07 PM

it's been a long time since I made a fractal of any type.Thanks for the input.My countryman is  a wonderful fractalist!!!!!

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 9:02 AM

The RandCubes formula has been updated several times already, the latest was yesterday....so go get it again

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 9:34 AM

I look for updates twice a day, so I have the latest one(s). :-)

Corrie

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 12 October 2013 at 3:42 PM
Forum Moderator

I have MBulb, and I see people post 'formulas' but I can't seem to find a way of placing them into the program to get the same images.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2013 at 12:11 AM

TheBryster:

Copy the whole text (starting with Mandelbulb v...)

Open MB and click the Open tab on top.
Then click the Text button and start Calculate 3D.

That will bring the image to you.

Not every image will be exactly the same as the posted image, because not everybody shares the final params.

I hope this is what you're looking for?

Corrie

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2013 at 8:30 AM

Luca has added a couple more New Formulas again

peedy ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2013 at 8:32 AM

Thanks for the heads up, Len! :-D

Corrie

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2013 at 8:45 AM

Quote - TheBryster:

Copy the whole text (starting with Mandelbulb v...)

Open MB and click the Open tab on top.
Then click the Text button and start Calculate 3D.

That will bring the image to you.

Not every image will be exactly the same as the posted image, because not everybody shares the final params.

I hope this is what you're looking for?

Corrie

Corrie is correct, you don't necessarily need to Calculate though, you can open the Navigator and go straight to exploring the Parameters.

Remember also that depending on whether you have all the current Formulas, the Params may not work(missing Formulas will generate an Error message when loaded), Maps(if maps are used) the Gradient and Lights may be different than the original(only 15 Maps are supplied but most users generate many more) but that shouldn't matter since they are meant to be a starting point and not just a copy process.

peedy ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2013 at 8:48 AM

Yep. :-)

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2013 at 1:23 PM
Forum Moderator

Thank you so much for the advice. In a coupleof cases I've found that a text box opens up and I can paste the text of a formula straight in but not always, so I was getting confused. I'm only playing with this proggy anyway. Thanks again!

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2013 at 1:29 PM

Quote - Thank you so much for the advice. In a coupleof cases I've found that a text box opens up and I can paste the text of a formula straight in but not always, so I was getting confused. I'm only playing with this proggy anyway. Thanks again!

Yeah, the text Box is normally for Mac users or Browsers that for whatever reason has a problem with Copy/Past while online. Normal is just highlight, copy and open MB3D and click open text params from clipboard and that's it.

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2013 at 6:43 PM · edited Fri, 18 October 2013 at 6:44 PM

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned too that the Text Box usually opens when you click "Load Txt From Clipboard" but the Clipboard is empty or has the wrong format Text in it and MB3D doesn't recognize it. Otherwise it just loads and sets up ready to go....

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2013 at 11:49 AM
Forum Moderator

Thanks again!

Lenord ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2013 at 1:11 PM

More new releases from Luca Luca's Latest and Greatest

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2013 at 3:21 PM

up front

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2013 at 11:12 AM
Forum Moderator

Many thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.