Sat, Sep 21, 4:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: 5 months old

starshuffler ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 3:08 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:49 PM

file_213285.jpg

Ooo forgetful me. This is from a 5-month old roll of film I forgot to process. Saw the roll sitting inside the camera bag when I took the cam out a few days ago to shoot the mural. Darn. Is that bad??? :-(

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 3:17 AM

I don't think so. Let me know when you forget to cash checks!!! Those lines are a little distracting hunh. Bsteph

starshuffler ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 10:17 AM

Yep. The scanner is doing a pretty good job. (*

APFrey ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 10:49 AM

Lines or no lines, this is very nice. Did you meter the sun on purpose? Good silhouette action!

Slynky ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 3:26 PM

is this b&w film with some toner on the paper? Or PS post work?

billglaw ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 4:50 PM

5 months should not hurt the images too much. Is it the printing or the negative the has such strong highlight in the right center? The sun is behind the cloud and that creates good light effects. If the highlight were smaller it would more dramatic.

JordyArt ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 5:51 PM

Lines aside, this is a pretty likeable image..... Well, I like it. (",)

starshuffler ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 1:37 AM

Thanks for the comments :-) @Slynky - this is b&w film, but I converted it to duotone in PS. @APFRey - yep, that was on purpose. This was shot while the sun was setting behind the mountains and I was hoping to catch the rays over the silhouette. @billglaw - I think the highlight is from the negative. I can fix that in the darkroom when printing, right? (*

Slynky ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 7:53 AM

don't know if you were being sarcastic, but ya, just gotta burn the highlight in a bit is all.

starshuffler ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 8:26 AM

Nah, Slynky, I wasn't being sarcastic. I just don't have access to a darkroom right now so I can't remedy the problem just yet <:-i (*

APFrey ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 2:43 PM

You don't need a darkroom. You can do it in PS. =) I like it the way it is though.

starshuffler ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2001 at 1:05 AM

Yeah, I figured that out after I posted the previous message LOL ;-)

gsalas ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2001 at 12:08 AM

I have to say, dispite the scanner, this is a really nice peace of photography. It has an elusive feeling to it kinda like a faded memory or long since lost. It's almost meloncoly. -Gabe-

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.