Fri, Sep 20, 2:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Why do some Poser exported materials show up in Blender and others don't?

Michaelab ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2013 at 5:11 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:54 AM

file_499509.jpg

I exported a .dae and .obj formatted character from Poser 2009 and imported one of them (can't remember which one now) into Blender 2.69, Cycles.

I'm rather new with Blender so I'm still learning the ins and outs of materials so I'm not seeing why the fingernails material is not applying to this character but other things, like his coat and beard have.

Any ideas out there?

Attached is a picture of the character and his black fingernails - they should be pinkish and translucent like nice fingernails are. In the next post I will post the node tree for the fingernails as it came in from blender - and yes, in case anybody asks - I did change the color of the Multiply and Glossy BSDF but it didn't make much difference in the fingernails and certainly didn't use the Image texture that was exported from Poser.

Michaelab ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2013 at 5:13 PM

file_499510.jpg

and here is the Node tree of the Nails

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2013 at 5:35 PM

Perhaps there is a node attached in Poser that Blender doesn't understand or have a comparable node for.

Laurie

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2013 at 6:39 PM

Just on a side note: I don't believe the displacement channel on the material Output node actually works yet... didn't the last time I looked. I'd remove that first.

I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, mind you. 😄

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

pauljs75 ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2013 at 4:40 PM

I know this is an older thread, but did you check all the material slots for a given object? Your material might be just fine, but if's not assigned to the right slot it's not going to show up.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Michaelab ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2013 at 7:29 PM

thanks pauljs75. What do you mean by "slots"?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.