Wed, Oct 2, 9:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Quiet,ain't I?

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 8:52 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 9:32 PM

But with reason, the last couple of months I haven't felt like doing much of anything.  A month ago give or take a little, I began to feel something different, like a tired muscle in my chest that would radiate across to my arms.  Two days in a row, later in the day, and after half an hour it went away.  But three days in a row was enough to have my nephew drive me to the hospital to see what in hell was going on.

Short and sweet, triple bypass done, and I feel like doing a lot less for now.  This SOB hurts.  Hydrocodon helps, if you don't mind spending your time snoring.  Unfortunately, it doesn't last all night and in the wee small houirs, I'm up trying to find a comfortable way to lay until I can have another one. 

That week or ten days in the hospital, confusion.  I can't put any of it in order in my mind, not that I have to but it's irritating.  Worse, going from not having a family doctor to now answering to four of them, none of which I know who they are. 

But, I think I've bitched a sufficient amouint for one day and now return to my quiet state, or is that comatose?  I forget.

Doric

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 9:29 PM

I hope you feel better soon, Doric. Miss your input around here.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 10:22 PM

It's a nasty operation. The recovery is difficult. Give yourself time.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

basicwiz ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2013 at 11:26 PM

Glad you got it behind you. I've not had bypasses, but I've experienced heart problems. Rest assured it does get better.

Hana-Hanabi ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2013 at 12:06 AM

I will put some good energy out there for you. Heal up quick!

花 | 美 | 花美 | 花火 
...It's a pun. 

richardson ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2013 at 8:58 AM

The ribs will take a long time to come back to normal. It's hard to explain busted ribs and smashed cartilage to someone. I switched to a lazy boy chair to avoid the horizontal pressure and the inevitable twist or rollover to exit the bed. Keep your legs in shape as you will need them more than ever. My first exit forays were grocery shopping as I could use a cart as a safety guide and still push the legs for some cardio. Office chairs are good for down time. Having a clutch handle or a strong friend nearby really helps getting verticle. Eat smart and get into cooking from scratch. You can kick up your bloodwork by dropping down your salt and meat intake. Stay off bottled juices as they up your triglycerides. Coffee IS good. Study the plant vitamin charts and if you need to,,, you can even try an Esselstyn diet. Just get into it. Be your own health factory.

Change is good.

cedarwolf ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2013 at 10:54 AM

Hang in there.  I had a double bypass a year and a half ago and I'm still not right.  Take your time and do what the doctor says...things will go easier.

ghostship2 ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2013 at 11:33 AM

I had an ASD fixed when I was about 25. The thing that hurt tho most was when the tech/ male nurse yanked out my catheter two days after the surgery. couldnt pee for over a day after that. The only problems I had with my chest were opening sliding doors and sneezing and it took like 2 years to heal to a point where those actions didnt hurt anymore. Get well dude!

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2013 at 11:59 AM

wishing  you a  speedy  recovery   things  will get  better  soon  but  will take  a  while  to  recover  completly

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2013 at 1:43 PM

Good luck for a speedy recovery!! I had an Aortic valve replacement a couple of years ago and I'm fine now - even working out on the weights in the gym again :)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

aeilkema ( ) posted Fri, 29 November 2013 at 2:14 AM

Hope you get well and over it soon!

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2013 at 9:38 AM

Glad you are on the mend, Doric!  :wub:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2013 at 4:21 PM

Thanx for the thoughts, appreciated.  Spending time getting caught up on HO scale stuff, and there have been a lot of changes in the time I've ignored that.  Sticker shock among the first.  Finding detail items I wanted now, but for a handful of busses, I never dreamed they'd run as much as they do.  5 different vehicles with a total of almost $75, but they're in scale and at least accurate in appearance. Also finding a lot of cast brass detail parts have become extinct, some I might have, and others that are going to have to be machined if I want them. 

I go in Monday to see if the lovely urinary infection they sent me home with is now gone, I didn't need that.  Tuesday I'll find out if they're going to let me drive again, or how much longer before they do.  Ten pound weight limit is a pain in the royal rear end, maybe he'll let me raise that a little and maybe climb stairs again. 

No problems getting up and down, but lay in one position and my chest starts to hurt worse.  If that would go away, I'd feel pretty good.  Hard to concentrate on anything, but maybe that'll come back fairly soon.

Doric.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

richardson ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2013 at 5:51 PM

Hydrocodone is a big warm fuzzy blanket. I liked that one but they soon got me down to Darvacet. This will clear up the cobwebs, I'm sure. The drugs you are on take time to get used to. Most heart drugs come with red (dizzy) labels... Keep an eye out for rashes. Really keep an eye on your feet for swelling. You can usually control this with diet. Important for heart patients though. It is a warning.

Try to keep a log of temperature and blood pressure twice a day. OMRON has a sweet blood pressure system and a program for your pc to print out a graph for your cardiologist. I kicked 2 drugs once my doc saw my dopesheet...

,r

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.