Tue, Oct 22, 12:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: Poser Pro 2012 Crashing on Launch? Found Cause and fix

xocxoc ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2013 at 11:41 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:37 PM

I do not know if this is affecting other versions of Poser, but my Poser Pro 2012 recently stopped loading completely, giving the deaded "Poser Pro has crashed and needs to shut down" message before it even finishes opening.

After eliminating hardware causes and video driver causes, and problems with the program itself, I decided it had to be software compatibility.

Turns out it is Adobe Air which is used by Poser.

If you can't get Poser to launch completely anymore, uninstall it and uninstall Adobe Air.  Then reinstall, and reinstall the Service Release, and it should launch.  If at any point the program asks you to upgrade Adobe Air, DONT!!  Use the version that came with Poser, there is no need to upgrade unless you are a software developer.

willdial ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2013 at 10:32 PM

Thanks for the FYI.

I found there is a way to tell Adoble AIR to not update itself. You have to download the Settings Manager. It is available at: http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/applications/SettingsManager/SettingsManager.air

xocxoc ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2013 at 11:39 PM

Thanks, Adobe Air updates now disabled!

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Mon, 02 December 2013 at 6:28 PM

Thank you!

I do not know that!

wrpspeed ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2013 at 7:03 AM

thanks for the info. i think it was the new edition of internet explorer (11) that was causing it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.