Thu, Sep 19, 12:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:30 am)

Subject: dsa files

darquevision ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2013 at 2:14 AM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 3:18 AM

hello

so i am cleaning one of my runtime folders, cause it is a mess and i realize there are alot of dsa files. i use only poser (maybe mimic rarly) so i am wondering can i delete those files or are they somehow part of the figures/props i am using?

i know before it was obj cr2/z or pp2, etc.

i am not sure if it changed.

poserpro2010

thanx in advance

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2013 at 3:45 AM

DSA and a few other related extensions are DAZ|Studio specific files that you can safely delete if you're only using Poser.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2013 at 3:48 AM

those are most likely DAZ Studio files. 

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/3491/

I don't think Poser has any use for them at all. Maybe for DSON but not sure on that. It seems its an older DS format at that.

Safest bet would be to zip them and store on an archive disk just in case you discover some reason you might need them in the future. But I'm 99% sure you'll never need them if you only use Poser.

~Shane

darquevision ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2013 at 4:33 AM

great thanks!

chanur56 ( ) posted Wed, 11 December 2013 at 12:58 AM · edited Wed, 11 December 2013 at 1:02 AM

When I cleaned my Poser only runtimes some weeks ago I deleted all Daz related files (*.ds, *.dsa, *.dsb and some more exotic older Daz file extentions). Also I delete all .duf files that comes with newer content. Never had any problems with Poser since then so yes, you can delete it safely.

But additionally I still have the original installation files, so should I ever use Daz someday (never say never) I'd still be able to get the deleted files back... ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.