Wed, Oct 2, 11:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: What are the best female figures to use without using the DSON importer?

trepleen ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 10:17 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 9:35 PM

If you don't want to use the DSON importer what are the best female models to use currently? Is V4, GND still #1 for poser?  Any other model combinations?

Alisa ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 11:11 PM

Lots of good Female models -

I'll throw in a vote for Dawn :)

She's still free, too.

http://hivewire3d.com/dawn-starter-pack.html

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

trepleen ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 12:29 AM · edited Thu, 02 January 2014 at 12:32 AM

Dawn is it's own original figure, unfortunately the figure doesn't look that great compared to V5 or V6. 

I wish V5 and V6 were native to poser with that D... son...

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 1:28 AM

Quote - If you don't want to use the DSON importer what are the best female models to use currently? Is V4, GND still #1 for poser?  Any other model combinations?

Vicky is Queen the only #1 .

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 1:48 AM

I find that the figure at RDNA looks very good, Michelle with Michelle Redux reshape pack added. http://www.runtimedna.com/Michelle.html http://www.runtimedna.com/Michelle-Redux.html

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 2:36 AM

Depends on what you want to do, but V4 is good if you get the fixes like I13 and whatnot.  I'm still actually working very well with V3.

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 2:42 AM

Roxie is miles ahead of the competition. (and Rex, her male counter part.)

• Fully welded
  • Fully symetrical
  • Weight Mapped
  • Lots of morphs

And a dream to morph in Blender.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 3:06 AM
Site Admin

For me it's still V4 with the following addons: 

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/perfect-v4-complete---full-body-fix/94928

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/wild-butterflies-for-v4/87420  for the leg morphs

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/realarms-v4/91105

http://www.sharecg.com/v/51557/browse/11/Poser/V4-Hands-and-Feet-Fix-Morphs  need to have an account to download from here

Of course her morph packs from DAZ as well.  

Since I don't do animations I've stopped fitting clothes from other figures and just "Frankenstein" V4's head on the bodies of the figures whose clothes I want to use.  

Then again I'm just a hobbyist so I can't speak for others :)

lkiilerich ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 3:59 AM

I'll vote for Dawn too :-)

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 4:05 AM

Have you seen the V4 weight mapped version by AlfaSeed

which is at our website renderforever.com

It's free and the clothes fit, and scaling of limbs works a bit better I think.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 5:49 AM

Use whatever figure fits your purpose for the image you are creating. If you are using Poser Pro 2014, clothes are easy to convert, so clothing support need not be a consideration. For adult figures I choose the figure for an image or story based on the skin textures I have - the skintone and the type of detail - how old the character is, and what race. Morphs I can do myself. You don't have to be stuck with a single main figure any longer. Very liberating.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 6:01 AM

Of course, you need to consider content availability if you do not own PoserPro 2014 with it's fitting room.  V4 is the sure winner where clothing is concerned but Dawn also has an increasing following and support.

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 6:52 AM · edited Thu, 02 January 2014 at 6:57 AM

*** You all know that you can use the cloth room as an inverted fitting room since Poser 5?***
*** it is called "push to fit".***

The fitting room shrinks the clothing over the figure.

In the cloth room, you can let the figure "grow" into the clothing.

Load the figure, load the clothing.
Zero both, the figure and the clothing.

At frame 1, set the figure to Xscale 80 and Zscale 50%

Scale the clothing as close over the figure as possible without having ANY intersection.
They can NOT touch at frame 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By frame 10 , set the figure Xscale and Zscale to 100%

Voila, the figure grew into and modeled/restyled the clothing to fit.

Now you have 2 options:

• Export the draped clothing as an object file
  • Spawn a morph for the clothing

OR? ? Last option.
Continue your simulation from frame 10 onwards, and "pose" your figure to the desired position.

There is more to it, but these are the basics.

Same thing as the fitting room, but reversed. => Possible since Poser 5.
And I wrote a tutorial on that in 2006.

Below is the link to the original tutorial for the "push to fit".
Remember, this was 2006. LOL

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2676905

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 7:34 AM

I mostly use Poser Place's V4WM (available ar RDNA for free, with the Outfitter clothing convertor); the only issue is converting badly rigged shoes to weightmapping is extra work (and unfortunately there are many badly rigged shoes)   JoePublic's Weightmapped V3 and D3 have content available for them as well, and converting clothing is less of an issue, as the rigs are very similar.

For males I still use mostly M4, M3 and Simon.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 9:28 AM

P4 Posette is still the BEST!!!  I prefer my remapped version of her, to take V3 skins!

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 2:30 PM

Reduced Res V3 and M3 are my faves.

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 3:30 PM

Quote - If you don't want to use the DSON importer what are the best female models to use currently? Is V4, GND still #1 for poser?  Any other model combinations?

I think everybody has their favorite. I happen to like Roxie and Miki 4 myself, but I still occasionally call on V4 and V3. I like variety.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you like Dawn?

vintorix ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 4:19 PM

Dawn of course! -stay ahead with the times.

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 4:44 PM · edited Thu, 02 January 2014 at 4:45 PM

v4 with some fix addons I think is still the best figure in this moment (include figures with and without Dson script) you can get absolutely anything for her

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 9:27 PM

Quote - Just out of curiosity, why don't you like Dawn?

Oh, no, no, no - please don't ask that, or it wil turn into yet ANOTHER bash-some-figure-and/or-software thread..

Like you, I think variety is nice. :)

Cheers,
Alisa

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 9:32 PM

It doesn't HAVE to be. I seriously don't understand the need for some people to get into a fight about some of these figures when someone criticizes them. You'd think someone had insulted their mother. Alright then forget I asked.

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 9:47 PM

Quote - It doesn't HAVE to be. I seriously don't understand the need for some people to get into a fight about some of these figures when someone criticizes them. You'd think someone had insulted their mother. Alright then forget I asked.

I know you had good intentions, and I completely agree about not understanding the getting into fights, but I  am not sure it's as much the inability to accept criticism of a figure or software, as it is that some people don't seem to have the ability to politely say "I prefer x figure or software because.." and instead get REALLY insulting and become rather obnoxious about the figure/software they dislike and/or those who created or use it.  Then, when questioned, they get defensive and attack, and before you know it, the thread is locked or removed.  Seems to happen over and over again in this forum. Bottom line is that there are many different good figures and software, and each person may prefer one vs another for different reasons.  I just would really love to have this thread be about figures people LIKE rather than why they dislike one or another...

Hope that makes sense, and I hope I didn't upset you with my request.

Cheers,
Alisa

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 10:37 PM

I think we were all being civil until YOU showed up Alisa.

Now I'm at Defcon 4!!!!

:-p

I'm kidding by the way.

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 11:29 PM

:P :P :P  lol

And we now return you to our original program ;)

Cheers,
Alisa

vintorix ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2014 at 12:01 AM · edited Fri, 03 January 2014 at 12:02 AM

Those threads which you called "fights", and I call intellectual debate, was the only things that were interesting and fun here at the forum. Now it is dull and uninteresting and we are suffocating like people under the old Soviet Union. Because I am saying this I probably will be locked up and send to Sibiria.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2014 at 12:54 AM · edited Fri, 03 January 2014 at 12:56 AM

Quote - Those threads which you called "fights", and I call intellectual debate, was the only things that were interesting and fun here at the forum. Now it is dull and uninteresting and we are suffocating like people under the old Soviet Union. Because I am saying this I probably will be locked up and send to Sibiria.

vintorix : Your a talented CGI Artist.
maybe if you made some cool stuff and posted that on the fourms.
You would not feel stagnated.
&
When your in the mood for intellectual debates ,Ghost !!! There's a Time & Place for everything.

vintorix ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2014 at 1:18 AM

vi·brant
 adjective

: having or showing great life, activity, and energy
: very bright and strong
(of a sound) : loud and powerful
:  pulsating with life, vigor, or activity

In other words, the opposite to the current Poser forum.

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2014 at 11:52 AM

Quote - Those threads which you called "fights", and I call intellectual debate, was the only things that were interesting and fun here at the forum. Now it is dull and uninteresting and we are suffocating like people under the old Soviet Union. Because I am saying this I probably will be locked up and send to Sibiria.

I think you're confused, I think we all grow discussing and confronting opinions, but this is  very different to bother people who do not use the software that you want,

if I want to have an intellectual debate on the existence for example a god, I'll have to find an appropriate place to do it, but not do it in the forum of the Catholic Church,  because that place is not the corresponding  , And if I do, it's because I do not care debate ,I'm only interested in cause conflicts

ps.I have had heated discussions here and never sent to me to "Siberia", so I think you are mistaken

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2014 at 12:06 PM · edited Fri, 03 January 2014 at 12:27 PM

My thanks to aldebaran40 for a voice of reason.

Can we get back to the OP's question? I get SO tired of locking threads, and this last page of comments are doing nothing but steering the thread toward flames.

If it takes trolling and drama for people to enjoy the threads, then they need to go find somewhere else to do it. This sort of thing is not welcome here. I will be deleting any more OT posts that are made to this thread and issuing trolling warnings to the offenders.

-

gloomy007 ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2014 at 2:29 PM · edited Fri, 03 January 2014 at 2:31 PM

Quote - Have you seen the V4 weight mapped version by AlfaSeed

which is at our website renderforever.com

It's free and the clothes fit, and scaling of limbs works a bit better I think.

Love esther

This looks extremly interesting. one question.. The page says Poser Pro 2014.. will it work in P10 as well ? Or needs some of the Pro features?

Ok sorry found a=my answer on the info page that says P9 an up.. oh my that will be cool weekend :D

DAZ Studio Coordinator.

You can contact me in english.

Jij kan mij berichtje sturen in Nederlands,

Mozesz sie ze mna skontaktowac po Polsku

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2014 at 11:00 PM

The great thing is, several of the new figures have free base versions, so you can try them and decide whether they suit your purpose or not. When I decide not to use a particular figure, it is for a specific reason. I have yet to use Dawn in a render for a story, but that doesn't mean I don't like her. I am accumulating content for her and people are releasing very good stuff - free and paid for, and I have bought a few character packs - even two with dark skins. Dawn is just waiting her turn.

I haven't used Miki4 much either, but I like her too. The time will come when I need a pretty oriental lady, and Miki will be ready and waiting.

Roxy is perfect for a young ingenue, and I am sure she will find a place in the story I am doing now.

Most people don't like Alyson much, but I have used her several times, with her strong and distinctive face. She is not pretty, but most people aren't. Alyson is useful to me.

Kez-WM has the physique and face that fits perfectly for an Afrikaner woman. She looks strong and can easily pass for someone of Dutch or German extraction. I'll use her a lot in my current story. For a plumper version of the same ethnic type, Bella by CJ-Studio comes to mind. I don't even need to customise her. BVH's Cynthia is the voluptuous femme fatale, and I can find a lot of use for her.

For me, Antonia works well for a character of Greek or Italian ancestry. I think it is the profile and the facial structure. I recently bought some character packs for her that I haven't had a chance to use - I'll see how that turns out.

Olivia G2 is an excellent African figure and one I turn to when I don't want to spend time customising a caucasian base figure to look African. She just works straight out of the box. Alisha, the African version of Alyson, works well for me too, for slightly older characters.

So - I typecast the figures. It makes my life easier, and when I have a group of people in the same image, they don't all look related. I find it can look a bit creepy when all the female characters in an image are based off the same figure. Variety is good.

I have never felt the need to use DSON. 

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2014 at 12:40 AM

I like NanetteTredoux answer.
Wich character is the best ? All of them. 👍

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2014 at 5:47 AM

and the elbows look better than the poserplace WM version I feel.

They all have some pros and cons.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2014 at 8:41 AM

Quote - and the elbows look better than the poserplace WM version I feel.

They all have some pros and cons.

The elbows are one of  the biggest issues with it.  It has no JCMS at all, but needs one there...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2014 at 11:57 AM · edited Sat, 04 January 2014 at 11:59 AM

The elbows in Poser Place V4wm can easily be fixed without a jcm. It just needs the main and bulge maps tweaked. Obviously that poses a problem if rigging isn't your thing or the edition of Poser you have wont let you edit the maps.

At the time it was done, Poser did not properly support the best way to do it and there were other issues that needed attention in the mapping that took precedence in the update. (There is still something missing in Poser that would drastically improve rigging, and no, it isn't in Studio either...)

The elbow probably should have been made a tad beter when it was updated, but having a ton of updates would not be a good idea either. (Doing tons of updates will kill a characters usage in a hurry) So, in the end it was left alone for someone to release a jcm to fix it. There were a few of them being done at Poser Place, but all of that is lost now that the site is gone.

Every character has issues, Poser Place V4wm has the elbows to deal with. No big deal for the most part.

Lots of people were quick to criticize PPV4wm, but only a few actually made it happen. There will never be a one size fits all character with the technology we currently use. Compared to other WM versions of V4, the Poser Place one bends the best with the acception of the elbows. (Biased opinion , lol)

As far as which character is best, well that depends on how you look at it. (literally, how YOU look at it.)

Usually the best one is the one that works for what you are doing at the time. For me that is still usually a highly modified version of V3. But it is obviously not the only character I use or work with.

Having a Runtime with lots of characters is probably the best option to have. And there are a lot of characters that you don't have to spend a dime on to get, or find clothes for.

So in a nutshell, the best one to use is the one you want too.

Not what someone else says is the best.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2014 at 3:48 PM

Quote - (There is still something missing in Poser that would drastically improve rigging, and no, it isn't in Studio either...)

Quote - This rigging tool is called ?
In what App ?

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2014 at 5:07 PM

Quote - Every character has issues, Poser Place V4wm has the elbows to deal with. No big deal for the most part.

Lots of people were quick to criticize PPV4wm, but only a few actually made it happen. There will never be a one size fits all character with the technology we currently use. Compared to other WM versions of V4, the Poser Place one bends the best with the acception of the elbows. (Biased opinion , lol)

Indeed! 🆒

Alisa ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2014 at 6:47 PM

Nanette - love your answer! 

How good a figure looks has a lot to do with getting some good morphs and textures for her or him.

There are a number of character creators who just plain make gorgeous textures and morphs, no matter who they're for.  I'd list some of them but wouldn't want to leave out others :)

I have characters for very old figures that look really good so that it's a bit surprising to think that they're old figures.

And it also has to do with the type of render and effect you want.  Don't forget the cute toon female figures, either!

Cheers,
Alisa

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2014 at 7:20 PM · edited Sat, 04 January 2014 at 7:21 PM

Quote - This rigging tool is called ?
In what App ?

It is a bunch of tools (Anzovin Rig tools for Maya).

Check this out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwAlN6BNAvE

It can be done in more than a few applications now, just in various ways. Basically every bone is a divisible spline, and there are some interesting joint options that drastically speed up the rigging process, which drastically cuts down on the weight mapping required to get a joint to work.

Check these video's out if you didn't follow the link in the last one..

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?292346-Spline-based-bones-in-Blender-Anzovin-Rig-Tools-approach

This is a fairly new approach, and the results speak for themselves.

No idea when it will show up in an app near you, but it needs to.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2014 at 9:19 PM

Cool; essentially a procedural weightmap... 🆒

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2014 at 10:46 PM · edited Sat, 04 January 2014 at 10:48 PM

What I've seen of Anzovin in videos ,looks all right.
I would call it weight rigs ++ ;)

AetherDream ( ) posted Mon, 20 January 2014 at 10:11 PM

I myself am fond of using Dawn. I feel like she is a very good option for some new and exciting development.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 5:51 AM

Quote - Dawn is it's own original figure, unfortunately the figure doesn't look that great compared to V5 or V6. 

I wish V5 and V6 were native to poser with that D... son...

To me this is like saying Kate Upton isn't as hot as Megan Fox.  Or JLo is better looking than Beyonce. It all kinda depends on your personal taste.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 9:31 AM

Quote - To me this is like saying Kate Upton isn't as hot as Megan Fox.  Or JLo is better looking than Beyonce. It all kinda depends on your personal taste.

Kate Upton,Megan Fox,JLo,Beyonce .nah

Jessica Rabbit .🤤:wub:🤤:wub: .

😉

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 10:06 AM · edited Tue, 21 January 2014 at 10:08 AM

Quote - Kate Upton,Megan Fox,JLo,Beyonce .nah

Jessica Rabbit .🤤:wub:🤤:wub: .

😉

Ardiuno's Gilda (the Fatal Woman) is now available free... 😄

http://www.arduino.net/Product/Gilda/Gilda.htm

Note: noodity on this page

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 11:01 AM

Attached Link: Gilda Update

And the Update is here:

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2014 at 5:11 PM

Well I'll be danged ,Guess I should have known there was a Poser version of her.
Thanks for the links 😄

I googled Poser Roger Rabbit .no luck.
Any links to a Poser Roger Rabbit ?
Thanks

Alisa ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2014 at 4:59 PM

I agree, all depends on your personal taste.  Me, I like so many different female figures (and kids and men and animals) for different reasons. 

Cheers,
Alisa

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.