Thu, Oct 3, 4:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Transfer V4 textures automatically to other characters...

pigfish9 ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2013 at 10:58 PM

It only seems to convert two maps at a time.  Do you know which nodes it is selecting?  That way I know where to move the displacement or specularity maps to these nodes for creating the new textures.  Thanks!

willyb53 ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2013 at 11:05 PM

I have only seen it transfer diffuse/bump/transparancey.  when I was converting Zev0(?)s vascularity maps to dawn, I moved the displacement to the diffuse channel, probably could have used bump.   This was a simular problem to the TC2 program, I got used to having to having to run it multiple times (it lets you select the texture file, not just a cr2).

I have seen somewhere (which is probably true) that it only converts image files, not shaders.

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

Latexluv ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2013 at 1:59 AM

No, it doesn't transfer shaders. To bad, but not really necessary. There is EZSkin or for other shader set ups, I still use BB's VSS system. I will say that this program transfers UVs in a fantastic manner. If the transition from V3 to V4 maps had been as nice in Texture Converter 2. Something like this should be built into Poser itself at some future date.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2013 at 6:28 AM

Perhaps in Poser 12/PP2018 it will be part of Poser? :) (Just like Wardrobe Wizard)

It does work great! And thanks for the tip about the vascularity maps, I must try one of those - they really makes everythibng just a tad more real :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

willyb53 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2013 at 9:17 AM

Actually I took it one step further.  Using the free Shaderworks Advanced Shaders 1.5, I created mat poses for body/arms/legs/head to apply the partial vasularity maps to any Dawn texture (python-Poser only)

Bill

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2013 at 6:13 PM

so does it do bump maps automatically or do i have to apply the bump to a different chanel to get it to convert?  I havent bought it yet.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

willyb53 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2013 at 7:01 PM

yes, it does bump, diffuse and transparency.

Bill

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2013 at 8:17 PM

tthat souds good.  does it create mat files?

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2013 at 8:21 PM

Quote - tthat souds good.  does it create mat files?

Mat Poses, not MC6's

willyb53 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2013 at 8:24 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2013 at 8:31 PM

yes it does (mat pose). My recommendation is when you give it a destination, give each conversion its own folder i.e.:

runtime:textures:dawn conversions:name of source file

when the conversion is finished, it will leave the .pz2 and the icon in that folder, move it to your pose folder (or since she is a p9 character, anywhere you want)

Bill

edit: that not 100% clear, should be move pz2 and icon to pose folder

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2013 at 8:27 PM

great - i'll get it.

Sabby ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2013 at 9:51 PM

Quote - @ Sabby, any one in particular?  I have 17 Sabby characers for V4 and will happily make one of yours my next project.

Either of the sister's pack~ : ) I'd love to see their skin on dawn, I haven't gotten to making anything for her yet, but I plan to, soon~

Renderosity Store :: Daz3D Store :: Facebook

pigfish9 ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2013 at 12:05 AM

I've created the CR2's for both sisters plus Cortney so they are on my list.  I've spent the time I've been at the computer today converting Devin's parts.  I think Dawn needs textures with decent eyebrow and makup choices :) 

I'll start converting the sisters tomorrow.  My hands are bad so it may take me several days to do all the conversions and copy the material settings.  I bought Trekkiegrrr's morphs so I can hopefully post a picture of three sisters when I finish.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2013 at 5:41 PM

file_498517.jpg

> Quote - > Quote - @ Sabby, any one in particular?  I have 17 Sabby characers for V4 and will happily make one of yours my next project. > > Either of the sister's pack~ : ) I'd love to see their skin on dawn, I haven't gotten to making anything for her yet, but I plan to, soon~

I couldn't resist converting your Morana texture to make my rendition of "Dawn of the Dead" ... LOL

goldie ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2013 at 10:06 PM

file_498525.jpg

this is the second texture i converted...no postwork other than compositing gal with  the background.

am enjoying using the Transformer...even my poor execuse for a computer can handle the program...

pigfish9 ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2013 at 1:11 AM

file_498577.gif

Three Sisters by Sabby, Back Left - Cortney, Back Right - Kyrsi, Front Center - Kimmi

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2013 at 9:47 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2013 at 9:48 PM

file_498679.jpg

While waiting for Texture Transformer to release other compatible models, I decided to convert a V3 skin texture to V4 using Texture Convertor 2, then convert the V4 texture to Dawn using Texture Transformer.  The attached image show the results.  Guess which is the V3 donor and the V4 and Dawn recipients.  The texture belongs to Mask's Ivory.  Snarly's EZSkin was applied to all three models.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 11:25 AM

Good job. I bought it and am transforming my favorite V4 textures to Dawn...

hindudreams ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 8:20 AM

doesn't TextureConverter do this already? i would love V4-Alyson 2.. bummer Texture Conerter creator quit updating

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 10:59 AM

Unfortunately, any progress towards incorporating other models has stalled.  Roxie is still listed as coming soon but when.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 2:17 PM

Looks like they have abandoned it. 

hindudreams ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 4:05 PM · edited Wed, 08 January 2014 at 4:07 PM

i dont get how to use it anyway. it creates a character and then what??

pigfish9 ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2014 at 5:51 PM

It converts the texture maps and creates either a material or pose file (I forget which).   The software does not create a new figure.

I, too, with the Universal Texture Converter software maker would update his product.  It was easier to use.  This new one requires making a figure with the texture map and saving the .CR2 to import for coverting the texture.  Universal Texture Converter loaded from the pose files.  You could also load the texture maps independently so you could change out the eyes, makeup, etc. maps to convert without having to go back to the pose file.  You could also opt to only convert only some of the maps--particularly helpful when converting eyes--which makes for faster converting.

At least Dawn can share V4's texture with the new product. 

hindudreams ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2014 at 7:05 AM

Quote - It converts the texture maps and creates either a material or pose file (I forget which).   The software does not create a new figure.

I, too, with the Universal Texture Converter software maker would update his product.  It was easier to use.  This new one requires making a figure with the texture map and saving the .CR2 to import for coverting the texture.  Universal Texture Converter loaded from the pose files.  You could also load the texture maps independently so you could change out the eyes, makeup, etc. maps to convert without having to go back to the pose file.  You could also opt to only convert only some of the maps--particularly helpful when converting eyes--which makes for faster converting.

At least Dawn can share V4's texture with the new product. 

i meant i had to create a figure. add the texture i wanted . then save the figure to library. then open up the transfer transfer. load that figure. and go through the process. i would have to load that figure and save it every time i wanted to use a different texture..... i mis TextureConverter 2. it was better. all you had to do is load the mat pose into it and pick your character from drop down menu

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 11 January 2014 at 5:59 AM

Is this product still available? I have Blacksmith3d-Suite v4.... thought I read that there was a non-stand-alone version?

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Latexluv ( ) posted Sat, 11 January 2014 at 6:15 AM

Stand alone version is supposed to be here in the Market Place and over at HiveWire.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 11 January 2014 at 8:09 AM · edited Sat, 11 January 2014 at 8:11 AM

And @ RDNA.  Look for the best price though.  There was a half off not that long ago.  It would be better to go with the lesser value since other model support is lagging.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 11 January 2014 at 4:01 PM · edited Sat, 11 January 2014 at 4:02 PM

Thanks, latexLuv and HBorre. Then I take it that the "plugin" or component for Blacksmith3D mentioned earlier in the thread didn't eventuate.

Oh well. :blink:

Metaphor of Chooks

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Sat, 11 January 2014 at 6:52 PM

Quote - Thanks, latexLuv and HBorre. Then I take it that the "plugin" or component for Blacksmith3D mentioned earlier in the thread didn't eventuate.

Oh well. :blink:

The standalone is in Rendo's marketplace as "Texture Transformer" by Konan.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 11 January 2014 at 7:49 PM

Thanks, Male_M3dia... I'm actually interested in the NON-stand-alone version, since I do have Blacksmith3D.

Metaphor of Chooks

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Sat, 11 January 2014 at 8:44 PM

Quote - Thanks, Male_M3dia... I'm actually interested in the NON-stand-alone version, since I do have Blacksmith3D.

Look on Blacksmith's site for version 5.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.